The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

Not out of the question but definitely  not an expectation. Personally I think he'll have less than 40.

I think he will have less than 40 points if Willie uses him defensively, and doesn't give him many offensive opportunities. I think Bo is capable of a more offensive role, while not allowing his defensive game to diminish. Last year, he was put in a tough spot, but you could see he was more confident with a top six role enter the second part of the season. Let him loose offensively, and see what this young man can do for the team, and for this franchise. 

47 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Our future captain will score 20+ goals and over 45 points.  Bank it!

i like your optimism. but i think Bo will either get close to 20 or hit 20 goals flat. that's nothing to sneeze at though. if he can get 40-50 points this upcoming season. that's a win in my books. he seems to be trending upwards. which is a very good sign especially because he's so young still. good for the canucks for sure moving forward. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

For me, not out of the question but I think he will have somewhere between 40 and 52 depending on whether if Willie has given him more defensive roles or "let him loose" offensively. 

yep. fully agree. knowing Willie though and his tendency. i think Bo will be limited to defensive role this coming season. hope Desjardins surprises me. 

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

yep. fully agree. knowing Willie though and his tendency. i think Bo will be limited to defensive role this coming season. hope Desjardins surprises me. 

Above you are hoping for a 40 -50 point season which is 2nd line production. IMHO a healthy Sutter allows WD to play Horvat in more sheltered TOI. Many NHL centers play both ends of the ice with very decent ppg. Bergeron and Toews come to mind. Not suggesting that Horvat necessarily duplicates those two but IMO he has shown that potential.

Horvat had a brutal +/- last year which was in contrast to his rookie season. Canucks have to mature this kid from the net forward. It is the safest way to develop talent. No way did Horvat's performance last year reflect accurately his play on the ice. The entire team did poorly with a lot of desperation play. I agree with your ppg forecast and fully expect a big improvement in his FO% and his +/- stats.    

• 2 weeks later...

Bo has looked unreal in Preseason thus far in my opinion, looks like he had a great summer of training, he looks like hes still in the same form as the he was in the second half of the season.

If Horvat can remain consistent he will definitley score at least 55 points. I am surprised this thread is so quiet.

1 minute ago, logic said:

Bo has looked unreal in Preseason thus far in my opinion, looks like he had a great summer of training, he looks like hes still in the same form as the he was in the second half of the season.

If Horvat can remain consistent he will definitley score at least 55 points. I am surprised this thread is so quiet.

Cautiously optimistic. Whenever we have a nice thing it usually goes to $&!#.

4 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Cautiously optimistic. Whenever we have a nice thing it usually goes to $&!#.

Trust me I feel you, but Bo looks like the real deal to me, he is such a complete player that even if he isn't scoring he is still super noticeable. 

The biggest knock on his game on draft day was high end offensive ability, every season since his creativity, and confidence have increased imo.

I know it was only preseason but that pass to Rodin the other night was not one Bo would have made at the beginning of last year.

People will say I am a homer but I don't think the gap between Monahan and Horvat is as big as people think.

Edited by logic

On September 20, 2016 at 2:48 AM, Bandwagon38 said:

I think with the right wingers, Bo has a chance of one day becoming a legitimate 1st line center.  Hopefully one of those future elite wingers is Boeser!

I think the left wingers will help out as well

so bo with burr and Dorsett. 

with the option of flipping Jake in for either as Rodin rehabs.  4th line minutes for bo.

ok just trying to wrap my head around it. are they wanting to boost the value of granny or is this just to make the team more of a threat on all 4 lines? 

I like it if bo gets decent ice time. thoughts?

People are seriously overthinking this.

WD wants to try Baertschi with Granlund to see if they have chemistry. Horvat gets put on a different line in the meantime. There's nothing that indicates this will be a long-term change or even if they will stick to these lines for a single regular season game.

It's not as if Horvat's being banished to the fourth line forever so just calm the f*** down.

Edited by Brad Marchand
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

so bo with burr and Dorsett. 

with the option of flipping Jake in for either as Rodin rehabs.  4th line minutes for bo.

ok just trying to wrap my head around it. are they wanting to boost the value of granny or is this just to make the team more of a threat on all 4 lines? 

I like it if bo gets decent ice time. thoughts?

Think I'll wait and see what the lineup looks like on opening night.

25 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

People are seriously overthinking this.

WD wants to try Baertschi with Granlund to see if they have chemistry. Horvat gets put on a different line in the meantime. There's nothing that indicates this will be a long-term change or even if they will stick to these lines for a single regular season game.

It's not as if Horvat's being banished to the fourth line forever so just calm the f*** down.

I could see .WD experimenting with line combos if he didn't need to have a really good start, just to keep his job.  If WD has these as lines, this is where he thinks the players can help him win.  These are .WD's beliefs on the best spots for players.  

On 10/11/2016 at 4:41 PM, Alflives said:

I could see .WD experimenting with line combos if he didn't need to have a really good start, just to keep his job.  If WD has these as lines, this is where he thinks the players can help him win.  These are .WD's beliefs on the best spots for players.  

Yeah. Putting Horvat on the fourth line doesn't make sense from any coach. If WD does that, long term for Horvat, he either knows nothing about the NHL game, or he knows he's on the way out, and he doesn't give a $&!#. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. Putting Horvat on the fourth line doesn't make sense from any coach. If WD does that, long term for Horvat, he either knows nothing about the NHL game, or he knows he's on the way out, and he doesn't give a $&!#. 

All I know is that WD knows more about coaching hockey than 99.999% of the posters on this site. I highly doubt that Bo Horvat opens the season on the 4th line even if WD sticks with his 4 line role. Since this is not a CUP contending roster perhaps WD wants to reground Horvat's d-side play. There will be no time for practice over the next few weeks and likely they wanted to work on some ideas.

• Upvote 1