The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation/Rumor] 3rd OA, 4th OA, and 5th OA in play (Dreger)

40 minutes ago, sonoman said:

I guess " the biggest idiot in pro sports" got my blood boiling.  Benning hasn't come out and said he's trading the 5th.  He wouldn't be doing his job if he isn't prepared for any and all scenarios that might be presented, including trading down. 

I completely agree with you, however on cdc it seems it's become a common theme to tell folks who don't praise jb to find a different team, that kinda boils my blood. 

Posters like oldnews and deniro blindly praised mg and now jb and both constantly criticized people for questioning jb or mg. So who are the blind sheeps here?

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

I completely agree with you, however on cdc it seems it's become a common theme to tell folks who don't praise jb to find a different team, that kinda boils my blood. 

Posters like oldnews and deniro blindly praised mg and now jb and both constantly criticized people for questioning jb or mg. So who are the blind sheeps here?

I don't agree with all of JB moves.  I like his drafting, but some of his signings are somewhat head scratching. I don't want to give you the impression I'm a JB fan boy, as I'm going to take a wait and see attitude for the next couple of years.   I've been following the Canucks since 1970 and hope to see a cup in my lifetime :).  I just felt that one particular post was rather ugly.  I do believe all GMs deserve some criticism as well as some praise.  They're not perfect. 

Here's a hot rumor I read on one of the boards which I think is a good value trade:

to montreal - 5th overall + Burrows (with cap % retained)

to Vancouver - 9th overall + Gallagher + and either the 39th or 45th picks

if they give one of those 39-45 picks plus the 70th call it a day. Montreal likes Dubois and could see this deal occurring if true. Further speculation is this opens the way for Lucic and iirc didn't Gallagher play with Lucic with the Giants?

5 minutes ago, Lui's Knob said:

Here's a hot rumor I read on one of the boards which I think is a good value trade:

if they give one of those 39-45 picks plus the 70th call it a day. Montreal likes Dubois and could see this deal occurring if true. Further speculation is this opens the way for Lucic and iirc didn't Gallagher play with Lucic with the Giants?

To move up 4 spots, MTL has to give up Gallagher and a 2nd along with their 9th :o No way will they pay that unless they see something in Dubois... 

Canucks would def accept it. Idk if MTL would offer that. 

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

To move up 4 spots, MTL has to give up Gallagher and a 2nd along with their 9th :o No way will they pay that unless they see something in Dubois... 

Canucks would def accept it. Idk if MTL would offer that. 

Write it up in English, and hope the Habs don't translate it correctly.  That's a FABULOUS deal for us.  

Is it proposals like this why HF is getting the big hammer on the head - making them dead, dead, dead?

22 minutes ago, Lui's Knob said:

Interesting. Toss Emelin & Sbisa into these packages?

Judging by the teams different needs in the top-5 and what players are available I think we'll see a LOT of trades with the top-5 and even top-10 picks.

Toronto have Nylander, Kadri and Marner at center already, they could trade down for a winger, especially a big one like Laine or Puljujarvi, or could draft Matthews and trade one of their many young centers.

Winnipeg will most likely draft one of the big Finns to play alongside Sheifele and Ehlers in the future to form a deadly line.

Columbus need a center to replace Johansen, they could trade up and make a big splash for the #1 or draft Dubois even at #3, wouldn't surprise me.

Arizona are said to be about to offer a massive deal for the #1 to bring Matthews home.

Anything could happen, and anyone could be left at the #5 spot.

3 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Judging by the teams different needs in the top-5 and what players are available I think we'll see a LOT of trades with the top-5 and even top-10 picks.

Toronto have Nylander, Kadri and Marner at center already, they could trade down for a winger, especially a big one like Laine or Puljujarvi, or could draft Matthews and trade one of their many young centers.

Winnipeg will most likely draft one of the big Finns to play alongside Sheifele and Ehlers in the future to form a deadly line.

Columbus need a center to replace Johansen, they could trade up and make a big splash for the #1 or draft Dubois even at #3, wouldn't surprise me.

Arizona are said to be about to offer a massive deal for the #1 to bring Matthews home.

Don't forget Edmonton. I could see the Oilers moving their pick for a young dman. Maybe like Trouba for the oilers 1st.

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

YOUR CRAZY to think they will take Dubois at 3. Why would they do that??????? 

They can trade down to draft a centre and get assets. 

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

In the NFL teams pick based on need. In the NHL it's pretty much bpa.

This year sets up as a deep, yet still top-heavy draft year so there are so many crazy theories. Can't wait 'til draft day.

"We have a trade to announce. I think you're gonna wanna hear this."

17 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

In the NFL teams pick based on need. In the NHL it's pretty much bpa.

This year sets up as a deep, yet still top-heavy draft year so there are so many crazy theories. Can't wait 'til draft day.

"We have a trade to announce. I think you're gonna wanna hear this."

maybe the Sabres will try to make a splash, given they are the host

On 6/9/2016 at 4:01 PM, combover said:

He trades 2nd round picks like candy all the benning fan boys come here and say how 2nds aren't important. A week goes by and benning is saying he would move the fifth overall for a mid 1st round and a second. This guy is the biggest idiot in pro sports. So let's get two average players instead of one good one. 

Can't wait till he's canned next summer after his skilless plug fest team gets destroyed on a nightly basis. Then we can finally move in the rebuild direction not the hairbrain zero direction Dim Jim is on.

worst gm currently working 

he's moved up to tie for second worse in franchise history  1Keenan 2 benning 2 nonis

Not with ownership involved.

To Vancouver: Jacob Trouba

22nd overall 

To Winnipeg: 5th overall (Tkachuk)

2nd rounder 2017 

Sbisa 

Archived