The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

Anybody fans of other sports here?

Brent "Boomer" Harvey, a little tank beast of an athlete to this day > Is just rolling out on field at Etihad stadium here in Melbourne to play for Aussie Rules football team the North Melbourne Kangaroo's.

Today he breaks the all time games played record in AFL history with 427 games played. All with same team as an undersized and feisty sparkplug player.  He's just 38, they play 22 games a year and championship teams add 3 to 4 "finals" play off games. Most players run 20 km's or more in most games on huge fields 160 metres long x 140 M wide. Its an amazing feat in a game that retires most before they are 30 due to the massive physicality and athletic toll the game takes.

Awesome!

Image result for Brent Harvey afl

Connor Murphy has a contract in Arizona, finally. I was getting worried about this real life RFA, but he is signed and will be a good little work horse next year. Looks like 6 years at 3.85m per year...great deal if your Arizona's owner/gm, specially in years 3,4,5,and 6! 

AND it is fantastic news for this fantasy GM!!

51 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

and the hockey gods taketh away....

Antoinne Vermette mysteriously waived for a buyout today by the Yotes....hrm?

speaking of which...no claims on any waived players lately, if you waived someone and I haven't posted the clearance yet: they cleared. 

Wish I could claim Vermette :lol:

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

speaking of which...no claims on any waived players lately, if you waived someone and I haven't posted the clearance yet: they cleared. 

should work out well for you ;) if they weren't going to use him, better to set him free... he`ll find work, no problem.

could work out well for me too, maybe they`re making prospect space... Dvorak :rolleyes:?

45 minutes ago, greensman said:

should work out well for you ;) if they weren't going to use him, better to set him free... he`ll find work, no problem.

could work out well for me too, maybe they`re making prospect space... Dvorak :rolleyes:?

Arizona said today they made the move specifically to provide opportunity for a younger player

2 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

I think Arizona just did you a favour.

Who knows who it will be that they wind up having gifted Vermette to, but there's a pretty damn good chance that a very good team just got a solid middle six elite faceoff center for a pretty cheap post-buyout contract.

I'd bet that your asset just increased in value by virtue of going to a better team.  

3 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

Not signed irl if im correct ...Or I Missed it

No, you're correct. RFA. That would be considered making cap space though.

Coach said 'making space for another prospect', and both Strome and Dvorak are there.

they're doing both I think... Saving about 2.5 mil and making space for youth.

15 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Dog Days of summer....

...so anyone that likes Die poser rave favs Die Antwoord....go get the free mixtape on the ineterwebs "Suck On This"....and next month, before hockey....a whole new LP...."We Have Candy"

When I first heard them, I went insane over it... unfortunately I find i`ve tired of Ninja, and find him to be a one trick pony. 

Yolandi still lays down a mean hook tho. 

My fave over time became `Baby`s on Fire`. great video, great song.

38 minutes ago, _arby_18 said:

Signing: The Colorado Avalanche have signed Carl Gunnarsson to a three-year deal.

small.png  Carl Gunnarsson : 3 year, $6,000,000 dollar contract ($2,000,000 per season)

14917ck.jpg

Glad to bring Carl on board to help fill some of the huge hole recently created by other moves.

Now we just need our fearless leader @theminister to un-busy himself from his school work...our team sheets need some serious updating :lol:

Archived