The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

39 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Check out how he does internationally against his peers.  Benning has taken such things under significant consideration in the past.

I've been watching his high light packages this morning and he definitely reads the game. He seems to have good passing skills along with strong skating ability but he wouldn't be my first choice at 5. I'd take one of vilardi, heiskenen, glass, makar ahead of him.

53 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Makar and Bandits currently playing on TSN3 if anyone wants to see more of him. 

[insert "he is playing against sub par competition against the best subpar competition Canada has to offer in the RBC cup" comment here]

Watched him play the Western Canada in Penticton, saw 2 streams of his play at the RBC so far.  The kid is hands down the best player on the ice in both tournaments thus far.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

The top defensive prospect always falls by the end of the year. Kylington/Chychrun/Liljegren, don't see Dahlin being any different. 

I would argue that Hannifin, Provorov, and Werenski were in competition for top defensive prospect in 2015. Rasmus Dahlin from what I can tell so far will be better than all 3 judging by how he's progressing. I would say he's a lock for top 3. Last d-man with this much hype this early was Ekblad and he went #1. Who knows right. 

Also @DontMessMe is a troll. Not worth the breath. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Camel Toe Drag said:

I would argue that Hannifin, Provorov, and Werenski were in competition for top defensive prospect in 2015. Rasmus Dahlin from what I can tell so far will be better than all 3 judging by how he's progressing. I would say he's a lock for top 3. Last d-man with this much hype this early was Ekblad and he went #1. Who knows right. 

Fair enough, but I'm talking in terms of how early we're predicting Dahlin will be the top defensemen available in the draft. It was around this time that Kylington was the top guy, obviously he had a horrendous draft year though. Ideally, it would be amazing if we had two picks in this year or next years draft so we could get an exciting offensive player. This years pick could be influenced by the possibility of us landing Raddysh as well. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

This Dahlin kid has the potential to be one of the best Dmen in the league.  

Ive been paying close attention to him for the last couple years.  

He is by far the most dynamic dman I have seen in........ I don't even know.   

He is franchise changing. 

i would trade any player on the roster for a shot at this kid.

Better skating than Karlsson.  

Dangles for days.

Hockey IQ through the roof.   

The shot, the passing.   

I dont even care if we get him. 

Im just excited to watch this kid play!  

I watched clip after clip, as much game play as I can.  

He is so damn exciting.   He makes plays that a #1 playmaking center would make. 

• Upvote 4