The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Sabres Looking To Move F Evander Kane

b3.

2 hours ago, Kelly Green said:
this guy isn't bob mckenzie , but he is right a lot of the time
all wingers with size and skill but at what price ?

#BREAKING - Benning working the phone hard. E.Kane/Landeskog/JVR prime targets.

Landeskog is the only one I give up prime young assets for but it's got to be a hockey deal. You're not getting Tanev and Virtanen for him. Tanev and a small plus if your lucky. 

I'd only be open to JVR in a holy crap we've actually got a shot situation at the deadline this year. Can't be blowing any premier young assets on 27yr olds just yet. What an addition he'd be though haha.

Kane I'll take for the right price but none of my high end high character guys. Sbisa Gaunce for Kane and a pick

7 hours ago, Kelly Green said:
this guy isn't bob mckenzie , but he is right a lot of the time
all wingers with size and skill but at what price ?

#BREAKING - Benning working the phone hard. E.Kane/Landeskog/JVR prime targets.

Yay for him.  He can read Sportsnet!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-rumours-vancouver-canucks-evander-kane-gabriel-landeskog-matt-duchene-dallas-stars-niemi-lehtonen-bishop-matt-martin-red-wings-shattenkirk-oilers-lupul-leafs/

21 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't think it was just Byfuglien. Wheeler and a few others had issue as well. I personally can't look at the situation without trying to see all sides.

Replaced him with Okposo. Want to avoid a media circus.

Did Kane slam into a Tim Horton's in his truck  drunk out of his gourd like O' Reilly? Seems Murray is perfectly fine with that clear and illegal infraction, but Kane has an issue outside a nightclub in Buffalo that is under investigation.....not proven...and he's vilified....hmmm. Having spent a couple of days in Buffalo two years ago, it is not hard at all to find oneself in a bucket of trouble there. Kane should know better though.

Kane is not a pensioner yet. 24 years old, if I'm not mistaken. Loves his hometown and could possibly benefit from playing under the microscope.

Which on-ice pouts? I've never seen the guy act out on the ice.

Holy smokes, you spent 2 whole days inside and/or around the city?!  You're almost a native now!! 

Head over to the East Side of the city and you'll see craptastic unused buildings and the usual human waste hanging out in front of them.  Head west it's better.  Head to South Buffalo towards the suburbs and it's just fine.  The Northtowns, like Amherst, are full of nice and expensive housing and very nice neighborhoods.  The Southtowns are beautiful in most places, especially the places that border Lake Erie.  The Allentown section of Buffalo is a place that most of the people who live there take pride in taking care of.

That leaves downtown.  With the exception of families spending the evening at Canalside on nice days, after 5:30pm it's like a ghost town during the week so unless you like to hang out with random bums, you have to actually go looking for trouble.  That's pretty much what Kane did.  Instead of going to a nice restaurant in the city or south/northtowns, he went to a college club/bar on a Thursday while the whole NHL was in town to hang out with college kids and predictably got himself into trouble.  Poor decision making. 

It has nothing to do with Buffalo itself.  Plenty of former and current professional athletes live here and 99% of them manage to not go full-on retard.  Buffalo isn't secluded either.  He could have easily driven or taken a shuttle 90 min. to Toronto if he wanted to visit a large metropolis.  He wanted to go to a college dive-bar pick up an 18-22 year old teenager/woman so he could get laid.  I did the same thing when I was young.  In my case, I was actually 18-22 though and not famous.

20 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Holy smokes, you spent 2 whole days inside and/or around the city?!  You're almost a native now!! 

Head over to the East Side of the city and you'll see craptastic unused buildings and the usual human waste hanging out in front of them.  Head west it's better.  Head to South Buffalo towards the suburbs and it's just fine.  The Northtowns, like Amherst, are full of nice and expensive housing and very nice neighborhoods.  The Southtowns are beautiful in most places, especially the places that border Lake Erie.  The Allentown section of Buffalo is a place that most of the people who live there take pride in taking care of.

That leaves downtown.  With the exception of families spending the evening at Canalside on nice days, after 5:30pm it's like a ghost town during the week so unless you like to hang out with random bums, you have to actually go looking for trouble.  That's pretty much what Kane did.  Instead of going to a nice restaurant in the city or south/northtowns, he went to a college club/bar on a Thursday while the whole NHL was in town to hang out with college kids and predictably got himself into trouble.  Poor decision making. 

It has nothing to do with Buffalo itself.  Plenty of former and current professional athletes live here and 99% of them manage to not go full-on retard.  Buffalo isn't secluded either.  He could have easily driven or taken a shuttle 90 min. to Toronto if he wanted to visit a large metropolis.  He wanted to go to a college dive-bar pick up an 18-22 year old teenager/woman so he could get laid.  I did the same thing when I was young.  In my case, I was actually 18-22 though and not famous.

Fair enough, SabreFan1. It has been a while since I went to Buffalo. Based on your comments, I'm actually eager to go back and check out these other parts of town.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair enough, SabreFan1. It has been a while since I went to Buffalo. Based on your comments, I'm actually eager to go back and check out these other parts of town.

The problem that Buffalo had for a good 25-30 years was brain drain.  It sounds harsh to put it this way but worthwhile intelligent young people left to find non-industrial jobs while the uneducated dregs on society with no marketable skills stayed put.   The politicians during that time weren't very bright so they had no idea on how to stem the tide while not realizing that their old ideas were killing the city.  They fought to keep Buffalo an industrialized city during the beginning of the information age.  Finally we're at least the catching up to the turn of the century by building and investing in new infrastructure and even with the cold weather, people are starting to come back to the area.

It's slow going but it's going.  Things like this don't help though.  http://reason.com/blog/2016/05/19/cuomo-buffalo-billion

Just stay away from Niagara Falls, NY.  No exaggeration, most of that city is boarded up.  It drives me nuts when I see people post on the internet saying how they saw Buffalo when they were visiting the Niagara waterfall. 

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The problem that Buffalo had for a good 25-30 years was brain drain.  It sounds harsh to put it this way but worthwhile intelligent young people left to find non-industrial jobs while the uneducated dregs on society with no marketable skills stayed put.   The politicians during that time weren't very bright so they had no idea on how to stem the tide while not realizing that their old ideas were killing the city.  They fought to keep Buffalo an industrialized city during the beginning of the information age.  Finally we're at least the catching up to the turn of the century by building and investing in new infrastructure and even with the cold weather, people are starting to come back to the area.

It's slow going but it's going.  Things like this don't help though.  http://reason.com/blog/2016/05/19/cuomo-buffalo-billion

Just stay away from Niagara Falls, NY.  No exaggeration, most of that city is boarded up.  It drives me nuts when I see people post on the internet saying how they saw Buffalo when they were visiting the Niagara waterfall. 

I remember being in Cleveland 6 years ago, and the city was eerily desolate. I mean, there were people milling about downtown, but for a city of it's size, it seemed pretty quiet. We had gone to the Rock and Roll HoF, what a load of crap that was....and left for Chicago around 1 pm, and drove right through downtown Cleveland, and it was quiet.

I spoke to someone in the city and they said that once the car manufacturers left, it was a massive drain on the city, probably a lot like Buffalo.

It's really unfortunate that a lot of these politicians have zero vision or foresight to help better transition societies between changes.

I've been to Niagra, but on the Ontario side. One big carnival up there. Speaking of boarded up, have you been to Flint, Michigan? That was both a terrifying and incredibly sad experience.

it took a leadership group of guys like Byfuglien, Ladd, and Wheeler to confront this guy and force managements hand in dealing him away. Our leadership group would have a hard time dealing with him. These kind of guys are poison in the locker room and are a distraction. With the Canucks likely bringing in a new crop of young players over the next couple seasons, there is no way they take a run at bringing in this type of player. Benning has done a good job of clearing out distractions in the room like Kassian and McCann. Off ice issues aside, Kane is extremely simplistic in the way he plays and thrives on a weak team where he is encouraged to make things happen himself. Very much like Hall, he scores a great deal of his points carrying the puck up the wall in the neutral zone, driving wide and firing pucks. He isn't a very smart hockey player in my opinion and doesn't make players around him better.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I remember being in Cleveland 6 years ago, and the city was eerily desolate. I mean, there were people milling about downtown, but for a city of it's size, it seemed pretty quiet. We had gone to the Rock and Roll HoF, what a load of crap that was....and left for Chicago around 1 pm, and drove right through downtown Cleveland, and it was quiet.

I spoke to someone in the city and they said that once the car manufacturers left, it was a massive drain on the city, probably a lot like Buffalo.

It's really unfortunate that a lot of these politicians have zero vision or foresight to help better transition societies between changes.

I've been to Niagra, but on the Ontario side. One big carnival up there. Speaking of boarded up, have you been to Flint, Michigan? That was both a terrifying and incredibly sad experience.

At the turn of the 20th century Buffalo was the 8th biggest city with the most millionaires per capita in the country.  Then the St. Lawrence seaway was built and that dealt a massive blow to the city, then the steel mills and other industries moved in to take its place (that's when the city became a blue collar city).  Then Japan started to export cheap steel and mass produce cheap goods to sell in the US which dealt a huge blow in the 80's to many industrialized rust belt cities like Buffalo, Detroit, and Cleveland.

About 7 years or so ago, Buffalo's business sector and new generation of politicians finally realized that they better start to at the very least imitate the newer cities in the west and south where people were running away to.

As the city continues to modernize and grow, the dregs of society that I referred to will continue to literally and figuratively die off.  Many of them are already starting to complain about not seeing their "fair share" of the recovery resources earmarked for the city.  In other words they want to live the easy life for little to no effort and that the day will come when they will have to pay the piper for bad choices in life.  That's why I don't think that the East side of Buffalo will get better for the next couple of decades because that's basically where the dregs are for the lack of a better word, being "herded" to.

I haven't been to the tourist part of Niagara Falls Ontario in quite a number of years.  Somebody was just telling me a couple of days ago that the tourist sections aren't as fun as they used to be and that the shopkeepers seem like they barely care anymore.  That's a shame if true.  The view of the falls from the Ontario side has always been the nicer view.

I've never been to Flint.  I've read that it's so bad there though that you can buy a house there for $10,000-$20,000 since the city is in such bad shape. 

13 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

At the turn of the 20th century Buffalo was the 8th biggest city with the most millionaires per capita in the country.  Then the St. Lawrence seaway was built and that dealt a massive blow to the city, then the steel mills and other industries moved in to take its place (that's when the city became a blue collar city).  Then Japan started to export cheap steel and mass produce cheap goods to sell in the US which dealt a huge blow in the 80's to many industrialized rust belt cities like Buffalo, Detroit, and Cleveland.

About 7 years or so ago, Buffalo's business sector and new generation of politicians finally realized that they better start to at the very least imitate the newer cities in the west and south where people were running away to.

As the city continues to modernize and grow, the dregs of society that I referred to will continue to literally and figuratively die off.  Many of them are already starting to complain about not seeing their "fair share" of the recovery resources earmarked for the city.  In other words they want to live the easy life for little to no effort and that the day will come when they will have to pay the piper for bad choices in life.  That's why I don't think that the East side of Buffalo will get better for the next couple of decades because that's basically where the dregs are for the lack of a better word, being "herded" to.

I haven't been to the tourist part of Niagara Falls Ontario in quite a number of years.  Somebody was just telling me a couple of days ago that the tourist sections aren't as fun as they used to be and that the shopkeepers seem like they barely care anymore.  That's a shame if true.  The view of the falls from the Ontario side has always been the nicer view.

I've never been to Flint.  I've read that it's so bad there though that you can buy a house there for $10,000-$20,000 since the city is in such bad shape. 

Interesting lesson on Buffalo history. Thank you.

Flint was creepy. I drove through to get to the border, and each neighborhood we went through was full, and I mean full of boarded up homes, some of which had the boards ripped off and doors kicked in. Others were collapsing and even others were severely fire damaged.

At one point, I stopped at a four way, with no one else around...like anywhere, and just took it all in, thinking at one time, this neighborhood was filled with people and life. And now it was abandoned. Empty

Before long, I then noticed some figures appearing in the distance, with some coming out from between the houses. Needless to say, I made a run for the border.

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. Wondering too what the cost would be. If it's any of our young players, I'd be pissed. 

It's got to be a heavy price, I would have to think. Virtanen on the move? Horvat as part of a package? 

It's either that, or it's a combination of veterans (Sbisa, Hansen, and a pick?)

I'd be happy with Landeskog. JVR is meh, and Kane is a huge risk. 

i agree , don't want to see any top prospects moved but if they can get kane for sbisa + i would love to see him here 

2 hours ago, LuckyLuciano said:

This makes me want to go to Flint, seems like an interesting place to visit

You could buy up an entire neighborhood in Flint for the cost of one house in Vancouver. You'd just need to spend the same amount in firearms though.

1 hour ago, Kelly Green said:

i agree , don't want to see any top prospects moved but if they can get kane for sbisa + i would love to see him here 

In my opinion. I think Kane is the best bet to land in Van, especially with all the trouble that's attached to him. Might be a risk Benning is willing to take on. But it'd better be had for cheap. Sbisa + 2nd round pick in 2018 (Columbus') for Kane. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

You could buy up an entire neighborhood in Flint for the cost of one house in Vancouver. You'd just need to spend the same amount in firearms though.

Flint ain't a place I'd want to go to, let alone live. Neighborhoods there are dying. 

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Flint ain't a place I'd want to go to, let alone live. Neighborhoods there are dying. 

They're dead. Entire neighborhoods full of boarded up houses. At least it was 6 years ago when I drove through there. Who knows, maybe the industriousness of the folks reclaiming Detroit may have spread to Flint.

30 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

http://www.starpulse.com/playboy-model-calls-out-nhl-player-evander-kane-on-instagram-for-abuse-1876158106.html

"The most disgusting asshole on earth"

"lying, cheating piece of ...and abusive, extremely abusive" 

Yikes. 

"The most disgusting a--hole on earth," Khloe wrote, according to a screen grab by Terez Owens. "Just a warning for any girl to stay the f--k away from this lying, cheating piece of s--t narcissist and abusive yes extremely abusive a--hole @evander9kane. I will never let myself be disrespected the way @evander9kane made me. He is a disgusting animal and deserves every name in the book."

"I would normally never take to social media, but he deserves to be called out for the disgusting human being that he truly is," Khloe wrote. "#EvanderKane go f--k yourself you can go mentally, verbally, and physically [abuse] someone else but for damn sure it's not gonna be me any longer."

I was surprised when that flew under the sports news radar a few months back.

38 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

"The most disgusting a--hole on earth," Khloe wrote, according to a screen grab by Terez Owens. "Just a warning for any girl to stay the f--k away from this lying, cheating piece of s--t narcissist and abusive yes extremely abusive a--hole @evander9kane. I will never let myself be disrespected the way @evander9kane made me. He is a disgusting animal and deserves every name in the book."

"I would normally never take to social media, but he deserves to be called out for the disgusting human being that he truly is," Khloe wrote. "#EvanderKane go f--k yourself you can go mentally, verbally, and physically [abuse] someone else but for damn sure it's not gonna be me any longer."

I was surprised when that flew under the sports news radar a few months back.

Wow haha I take back my earlier offer of Sbisa and Gaunce. I now offer a Rory Fitzpatrick signed all star ballot and a conditional 7th round pick(first 10 picks in the round protected).

Archived