The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks At Rangers: Desjardins vs Vigneault Edition | Nov 8 | 4PM | SN Pacific |

AlwaysACanuckFan

21 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Seriously?

If a young and gifted player gets 8 mins I would expect him to be tearing up the ice in these 8 mins. I mean it's not like he will be tired (look at Stecher playing 20 mins like a buzzbomb) 

If Jake did that, instead of mooning around and slipping of checks, you would guarantee he would get his mins increased. 

How do you expect him to tear up the ice with no time and no consistent linemates? He's a prospect, not a miracle worker. At the end of the day there are two approaches. It's also clear that one of those approaches isn't working. So, why not switch it up and try the other? Increase his minutes or send him down. Whatever the hell they're doing right now isn't working. Stecher started playing 20 minutes a night and he's doing great. Try that with Virt now. 

I'm sorry but you don't get rewarded before you do the work in the real world and that applies especially to young pro sportsmen

What dreamland do you live in? People get rewarded for being lazy all the time. And again, you can't apply this only to Virtanen when half the players with more ice time are performing equally as bad or worse. 

1 minute ago, StealthNuck said:

How do you expect him to tear up the ice with no time and no consistent linemates? He's a prospect, not a miracle worker. At the end of the day there are two approaches. It's also clear that one of those approaches isn't working. So, why not switch it up and try the other? Increase his minutes or send him down. Whatever the hell they're doing right now isn't working.

What dreamland do you line in? People get rewarded for being lazy all the time. And again, you can't apply this only to Virtanen when half the players with more ice time are performing equally as bad or worse. 

They may well be under performing but they are still grafting for the cause. 

You don't see Gaunce mooning about on his 7 mins.

I do not believe many of you play sports.  I play significantly better and am more involved in the game when I'm actually playing.  Sitting for half the game, getting the tap after being on the bench for 10 min has to be tough.  Your legs aren't there anymore, your mind wanders, that adrenaline isn't pumping anymore.  I feel for Virtanen.  Worst situation for a kid to develop in.  Send him to the AHL and let him play.  This is Willie being Willie at its worst.

29 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Seriously?

If a young and gifted player gets 8 mins I would expect him to be tearing up the ice in these 8 mins. I mean it's not like he will be tired (look at Stecher playing 20 mins like a buzzbomb) 

If Jake did that, instead of mooning around and slipping of checks, you would guarantee he would get his mins increased. 

I'm sorry but you don't get rewarded before you do the work in the real world and that applies especially to young pro sportsmen. I honestly can't understand Jakes reluctance to get "stuck in" wtf is he saving himself for?

I agree with you for most players but that's not jakes game.  He's a transitional player.  He's used to 18+ minutes a night where he can get lots of opportunities to carry the puck with speed.  7 minutes of grinding just isn't his game.  Also Eriksson and Baer aren't exactly lighting it up with all the ice time they get.  This is how you ruin young players....erode their confidence and make a former scorer feel useless until he gives up.....awful awful coaching.  What has Sven done to EARN his time?  Honestly???

55 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I suggest you start with the sex.  You will both be in a better mood for it and then you can drink far more without affecting performance.

Good suggestion but today is our scheduled weekly drunk sex night.

25 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

They may well be under performing but they are still grafting for the cause. 

You don't see Gaunce mooning about on his 7 mins.

You're right Gaunce isn't complaining, but hes not producing either with those 7 minutes and we already have people calling him a bust too.

17 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

I agree with you for most players but that's not jakes game.  He's a transitional player.  He's used to 18+ minutes a night where he can get lots of opportunities to carry the puck with speed.  7 minutes of grinding just isn't his game.  Also Eriksson and Baer aren't exactly lighting it up with all the ice time they get.  This is how you ruin young players....erode their confidence and make a former scorer feel useless until he gives up.....awful awful coaching.  What has Sven done to EARN his time?  Honestly???

I think it would be better for Baertschi to be scratched than playing with 4th liners - he's playing with no confidence and that's not helping.  Granlund was talking of how difficult it is to play with 4th liners when you are a skilled player because it forces you to change your game.  Even Benning kind of took a shot at Calgary when they acquired him saying he is a highly skilled player and needs to play with skilled guys.  Yet WD has him with Skille, Dorsett etc.  

1 hour ago, b3. said:

WD is scratching Larsen? :o

I know right! Assumed Tryamkin was out for Stecher.

It's funny that it takes a professional coach 9 straight loses to make changes to the lineup, that many of us were screaming for 3 games into the losing streak,. 

10 hours ago, Jam126 said:

Who's honestly going to watch this game?

I'd assume most people in the GAME day thread are probably planning to watch the game?

5 hours ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I"ll be watching the U.S. Presidential Election, a lot more fun.

Genuinely wondering, how is watching some media people talking for 5 hours about which polls have closed "more fun" than watching a hockey game? Why not just refresh the electoral votes page every hours the polls close? Same info gathered in 59m50s less time ;) 

2 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Pratt guarantees willie gets fired after a loss tonight. Lets see if pratt the tool is correct.

He might well be right. In retrospect, to take one in the face from the Metropolitan Division's leaders has very little to do with it.
0-10 on the other hand...

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Dan MurphyVerified account‏@sportsnetmurph

Stecher in for Larsen. Markstrom starts. #canucks

and

Dan MurphyVerified account ‏@sportsnetmurph  2m2 minutes ago

WD says Virtanen hasn't done enough with the minutes he's been given. Has to make most of opportunity when it comes. Like Tryamkin. #canucks

About time Larson is out of the lineup!  What a plug.

WD says Virtanen hasn't done enough with the minutes he's been given. Has to make most of opportunity when it comes. Like Tryamkin. #canucks

Tryamkin is in the line up because of  an injury to Tanev 
Virtanen should be in the line up because of an injury to Hansen 
i don't see what tryamkin has anything to do with jake 

what does chaput bring that jake doesn't? 

Jake has never been on the ice for a goal against this season 

Archived