The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Chicago Blackhawks vs. Vancouver Canucks | November 19th | 7PM | CBC | A Game of Nucks and Hawks Edition

AlwaysACanuckFan

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Totally. They upped the tempo and zone coverage as soon as Deadler got on the ice. All other defensemen did a bang up job. Hutton made a few mistakes, but he's in his second season. Edler?

Stech had a braincramp too, but he's just a baby. Edler just played the worst 8-10mins of individual hockey I've ever watched. He could not do a single thing right, Hawks saw it and just kept riding him.

Coach Q let his guys sleep in, eat late and show at the rink by 615, no pregame workout.

He said -"Warm up during the first two periods then attack on Edler's side for the third"...

Just now, orcasgonewild said:

If we didn't have gudbranson we could have McCann between Granlund and eriksson. And Edler stecher. Hutton tanev and Sbisa tryamkin. Much better!!

Edler is far less capable than Gudbranson. If Gudbranson was on the ice during those Hawks goals, the players would have been eating plexiglass. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Edler is far less capable than Gudbranson. If Gudbranson was on the ice during those Hawks goals, the players would have been eating plexiglass. 

Both are trash in my opinion. Maybe if we get lucky we could draft Timothy liljegren and paid him with tanev then juolevi stecher and Hutton tryamkin. Trade both of them or at least Edler.

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Stech had a braincramp too, but he's just a baby. Edler just played the worst 8-10mins of individual hockey I've ever watched. He could not do a single thing right, Hawks saw it and just kept riding him.

Coach Q let his guys sleep in, eat late and show at the rink by 615, no pregame workout.

He said -"Warm up during the first two periods then attack on Edler's side for the third"...

Pretty much. As soon as Edler got on the ice, you could see the tempo pick up and the attack was relentless. I don't and can't blame Stecher. He played his ass off. I think that Tanev would have neutralized a couple of those goals. 

But Edler is still the weakest link in the defense. 

1 minute ago, orcasgonewild said:

Both are trash in my opinion. Maybe if we get lucky we could draft Timothy liljegren and paid him with tanev then juolevi stecher and Hutton tryamkin. Trade both of them or at least Edler.

Gudbranson brings physicality that can't be ignored. You could see with the Hawks, when Gudbranson was on the ice, the play as far more tentative in the crease. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Pretty much. As soon as Edler got on the ice, you could see the tempo pick up and the attack was relentless. I don't and can't blame Stecher. He played his ass off. I think that Tanev would have neutralized a couple of those goals. 

But Edler is still the weakest link in the defense. 

Totally agree 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Gudbranson brings physicality that can't be ignored. You could see with the Hawks, when Gudbranson was on the ice, the play as far more tentative in the crease. 

Very true. They just need that too pairing guy to replace Edler. Hes still regarded around the league as a top4 so the return would be good 

Archived