(Proposal) VAN-BUF

Hortankin

TO BUF

Gaunce

Subban

CLB 2nd

TO VAN

Kane

TO me whoever gets Subban will be laughing in a few years because he is that good. The only reason we trade him is because we have a better small guy in Stecher. The only way I see Subban playing in the future for us is if he moves to wing which I doubt is going to happen.

Maybe Subban is the exact player Buffalo was scouting from Utica?

To me this trade works great for both teams.

I still say overpayment for Kane, he has too many question marks and is not deserving of a  return that includes a roster player, a prospect and a pick (potentially three NHL players for one??). The pick alone should get him, anything more is too much.

4 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I still say overpayment for Kane, he has too many question marks and is not deserving of a  return that includes a roster player, a prospect and a pick (potentially three NHL players for one??). The pick alone should get him, anything more is too much.

Agreed.  Anything more than a 3rd for Kane is over payment.  He is by no means a sure thing (injuries and declining production) and his off ice issues aren't going to help the team either.   

Right now it would be pointless for the Sabres to trade Kane.  The return just isn't there.  Nobody wants to take the chance on him, for good reason.

The Sabres will hold onto him and hope that he improves and behaves himself.  They have no choice unless they want to give him away for peanuts.

9 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Right now it would be pointless for the Sabres to trade Kane.  The return just isn't there.  Nobody wants to take the chance on him, for good reason.

The Sabres will hold onto him and hope that he improves and behaves himself.  They have no choice unless they want to give him away for peanuts.

Kane + Sam Reinhart could get Tanev + Virtanen?  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kane + Sam Reinhart could get Tanev + Virtanen?  

There is only so many times and different ways in different threads that I can explain how that makes no sense for the Sabres.

I just posted a third time about it in the newer Sam Reinhart proposal thread.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

There is only so many times and different ways in different threads that I can explain how that makes no sense for the Sabres.

I just posted a third time about it in the newer Sam Reinhart proposal thread.

I know, but this time I have on my ruby red shoes, so it's different:)  

to be fair, Sam has not taken the step forward the Sabres expected him to.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I know, but this time I have on my ruby red shoes, so it's different:)  

to be fair, Sam has not taken the step forward the Sabres expected him to.

He and Eichel played off of each other well last year.  Eichel is still injured and that high ankle sprain will hamper him for most of the rest of the year.

Sam has been stuck with a rotating carousal of linemates for him including more than one AHL'er.

Archived