The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

#TB - Canucks 2011 Tribute - Let's reminisce together...

jolad123456

Decided to make this video, since the Canucks' have been having unrecent success the past few seasons, just wanted to remind you guys that we should all have hope, and know that a miracle will happen soon. Let's reminisce together, as I compiled a couple of clips from the 2011 season.

Feedback appreciated. Thanks!

I miss the $&!# out of that team.

We were arrogant and cocky from our players all the way up to Gillis himself. We were the best and we knew it.

How far the mighty have fallen. It's pretty amusing that now in the face of disaster our team is borderline obsessed with employing 'character' players. 

The trait this team lacks the most is character.

That year was the peak of the Sedins + Burrows + Kesler + Edler + Bieksa + Salo + Luongo era. We had so much talent to through bottom of the line up and we have the offence, the defence and the goaltending to bring this Stanley Cup home but we were one game short of making history. Because of the dominance display of that year, GMMG refuse to move on from this core and give out way too many NTC to try and keep the same team together and hope for another magical run. What we should of done since that year was to re-evaluate the team, trade away 1 or 2 veterans for some young NHL ready players + picks and start a semi-rebuild (Chicago Blackhawk style) and we would of still been a contender by now. This was so close yet so far away, hopefully the Horvat era can finally take us to promise land and bring home the cup.

30 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

I miss the $&!# out of that team.

We were arrogant and cocky from our players all the way up to Gillis himself. We were the best and we knew it.

Honestly, a large number of those fans at the time hopped on the wagon during the run and left soon after. 

Old school Canucks fans were all cautiously optimistic during that run.  

Just like '94 when we all wanted the Devils instead of the Rangers, 2011 I wanted the Lightning instead. 

40 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

What this team misses is Kesler

Would love to bring him back 

I totally agree, he was incredible during the 2011 run, especially against Nashville. He was also a pretty tough guy, that guy can hit as hard as a truck! 

Miss him, best wishes for him.

3 hours ago, Rocky Balboa said:

Honestly, a large number of those fans at the time hopped on the wagon during the run and left soon after. 

Old school Canucks fans were all cautiously optimistic during that run.  

Not me.  That team dominated all year, I expected them to win the Cup the whole way... until they didn't. 

That said.  I can't watch videos of 2011.  It makes me depressed that we lost, and even more depressed when I think of the team we have now.

22 hours ago, Virtanen said:

damn this crazy lmao one win away from the history books best run ive ever seen from an nhl team and they blew it damn i remember at my middle school they played that one song on the announcements every day of that one week it was like the friday by rebecca black by the canucks version made me cringe

Lol same

Archived