The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Article alleging Jim Benning fudged analytics?

Type R

47 minutes ago, Type R said:

Has anyone else seen this?

Hockeyfeed Article

I'm not good at linking, but the summary basically is stating that Benning asked an analytics company to fudge the numbers on Granlund and Prust to convince the rest of management that the trade for them would help the team.  While I do feel Prust ended up being a bust (i feel that was injury related), I do think Granlund is finding his stride and he's become a competent 3rd liner who has a nose for chances.

I haven't seen anyone else post this, just curious on everyones thoughts.

So does that mean General Manager Jim Benning doesn't have the final say on these decisions? 

Why would he have to convince the rest of management when he's the leader of the Canucks management group?

Can't be true...

...and it's not.

"Now, these are just allegations and it would be hard to prove them to be true. If this turns out to be true, what does this mean for Benning? What does this mean for StAthletes and John Chayka's reputation?"

Fake article on a low-traffic site.

Just now, Rocksterh8 said:

A Teams own GM trying to screw the team? This just can't be true... it would be as bad as Trump being USA President... can't be true.... can it?

only if you believe it to be true because if you believe it to be true it must be true

7 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

A Teams own GM trying to screw the team? This just can't be true... it would be as bad as Trump being USA President... can't be true.... can it?

9 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Complete BS but it won't be long before the anti Benning trollz wade into this thread using this as a springboard for their tinfoil hat agendas.

That didn't take long

36 minutes ago, CeeBee51 said:

If its on the internet it must be true, right? :picard:

Yup, like things about kesler's private life, Gillis turning down a better trade to Edmonton for Schneids and owners buying seats to maintain a sellout streak. It's amazing what can become truth if repeated enough around here. 

• -SN- locked this topic

Archived