The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Got to give credit where credit is do, WD has the boys playing as A TEAM. 

That is what good coaches do...

Baercheese & Granlund are sure proving there worth. Great additions to this club as they mature into solid top 6 NHL'rs.

JB was the one who seen this before we all did.  

Who would give them 2 up for Hunter & a 2nd rounder now??? 

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

1st MacKinnon

2nd Landeskog

3rd Duchene

How's that working out for the Avs?

8th Werenski

14th Wennberg

28th Foligno

37th Jenner

43rd Saad

157th Atkinson

How's that working out for the Jackets?

YUP!!!

Try to explain that to all the Quitters ( Tankers)...

I know you guys are high as hell because our abysmal club won 5 in a row and beat the worst two teams in the NHL as of late. But we need that elite team changing player through the draft.  We basically are the old oilers and leafs.  Sorry i love horvat but we need an Austin matthews, a laine, a tavares, stamkos, kane type player if were gonna go to that other level. 

Id actually like to see a cup in my lifetime in vancouver. We have never had a first overall pick. Our best ever draft picks are probably kesler and corey schneider in what in 47 years of drafting?

its ignorant to say tanking a season creates a losing environment. I dont think pittsburg or chicago would agree. Its the only way to build an elite team in todays NHL.  And really was our year to do it and really bottom out.

Maybe the owners know the Vancouver market better then we think, just ice a somewhat competitive team and they will come. Get to playoffs barely for that lucrative playoff revenue. Rinse and repeat every year.. 

2 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

I know you guys are high as hell because our abysmal club won 5 in a row and beat the worst two teams in the NHL as of late. But we need that elite team changing player through the draft.  We basically are the old oilers and leafs.  Sorry i love horvat but we need an Austin matthews, a laine, a tavares, stamkos, kane type player if were gonna go to that other level. 

Id actually like to see a cup in my lifetime in vancouver. We have never had a first overall pick. Our best ever draft picks are probably kesler and corey schneider in what in 47 years of drafting?

its ignorant to say tanking a season creates a losing environment. I dont think pittsburg or chicago would agree. Its the only way to build an elite team in todays NHL.  And really was our year to do it and really bottom out.

Maybe the owners know the Vancouver market better then we think, just ice a somewhat competitive team and they will come. Get to playoffs barely for that lucrative playoff revenue. Rinse and repeat every year.. 

Sedins, Bure, Linden.......and Pittsburgh didn't tank to get Crosby..just luck.

We needed to win more games to get Laine, not less.

34 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So tell Horvat to not play hard and hurt his development in the meantime?

No thanks. Right now our young guys (plus our goalies) are carrying us. I'm never going to complain about that.

There are always Larkins and Tarasenko level players at the 15-20 picks. Just gotta make smart picks wherever we pick. You can make a bad pick in the top 5 just the same as 15-20.

Absolutely nailed it right on the head. Couldn't have said it better myself.

14 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2014/04/15/canucks_have_been_canadas_best_hnl_team_since_1993_but_the_habs_are_the_favourite_child.html

Canucks have been Canada’s best NHL team since 1993, but the Habs are the favourite child

It has been 20 years since a Canadian team won the Stanley Cup. In that time, the Canucks have been Canada's most successful team.

They say hockey is a family.

If the NHL was Dad and Canada was Mom, Montreal would be their favourite son. Always doing well on exams. Always bringing home trophies. Always setting the bar so high, none of the siblings could live up to expectations.

Toronto would be the troubled child that doesn’t bother, the one everyone says is not quite living up to expectations. The one who could do better if only he would apply himself.

· Briere ready to put playoff experience to good use for Habs

Montreal would be there smiling for the camera, getting the prettiest girl, then giving Toronto a noogie. Toronto would be all surly, looking into his cellphone, saying nasty things about Montreal on Twitter (but behind a pseudonym that pointed the finger at Boston, that cousin no one likes).

· Running Maple Leafs may be just the start for new hockey president in Toronto: Cox

And it’s about this time of year that Mom and Dad look at Toronto and say: “Okay, enough’s enough. You've let us down once too often. You're grounded. Off to bed early.”

That’s because Mom and Dad want to watch hockey. And Montreal — ever the fair-haired child — is the only one who gets to stay up late.

Vancouver, by the way, is the child that stomps its feet until it gets attention. And why not, because over the past 20 years, the Canucks have won more hockey games than any other Canadian NHL team.

Ottawa can kick and scream all it wants: it’s not getting anyone’s attention. Winnipeg is the prodigal son, back where he belongs and isn't that nice. Calgary and Edmonton are a pair of Irish twins, always fighting with each other, but leaving everybody else alone.

Well the Habs get to stay up late again this year, while the rest of a hockey nation’s brotherhood either pulls for them, cheers against them, or tunes out altogether.

It has been 20 seasons since a Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup. That was the Montreal Canadiens in 1993.

Four Canadian teams have made it to the Cup final since that Habs win: Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa and Vancouver. Oddly, it is that Cup run that so often marks a decline in the fortunes of a team.

Here's a look at the regular seasons of the Canadian teams that have been around since the Canada's Cup-less era began in 1993-94 season.

CANUCKS

Regular season record since 1993-94: 761 Wins: 1,739 points

Playoff seasons since 1993-94: 13

Playoff wins: 66

The Canucks — the best Canadian team, both in the regular season and the playoffs of the past 20 years — are the team in decline now. They made the Stanley Cup final in 2011, and were within a game of winning the Cup.

· 

47 minutes ago, danjr said:

Or maybe give Rodin some ice time.

Rodin does not play the style the twins need to be successful. Their last two successful wingers were defensively responsible, great skaters who were puck retrievers and fearless in front of the net. The winger scores a lot of garbage goals on deflections and rebounds. That does not appear to describe Rodin.

9 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

Enjoy it while you can...there is still a lot of tough hockey to be played this year.

Archived