The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Coyotes @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Stormriders said:

Unfortunately the forum only gives me one -1 per day, and some other idiot beat you to the rating.  Next time though . . . . .

PS Try starting out your day tomorrow with a positive thought, . . . . just a thought.

Sorry im not dilusional.. maybe give me a sip of your idiot koolaid and be impressed we beat the two worst teams and be happy were not rebuilding properly. 

Being a brink playoff team doesnt impress me today tommorow or 5-10 years from now.

Our defense is different and the luxury of splitting up Edler and Tanev is big. Sbisa's play is like getting an upgrade from a trade. He has really boosted his play since the World Cup, Euro team. Who would have guessed that #88 and Stetch would have been the players they turned into. I've been the biggest Tryamkin fan so I exclude myself.

3 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Bye bye Hischier.

16 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

Sorry im not dilusional.. maybe give me a sip of your idiot koolaid and be impressed we beat the two worst teams and be happy were not rebuilding properly. 

Being a brink playoff team doesnt impress me today tommorow or 5-10 years from now.

Your suffering is my lifeblood.

2 hours ago, xRussianrocket said:

I know you guys are high as hell because our abysmal club won 5 in a row and beat the worst two teams in the NHL as of late. But we need that elite team changing player through the draft.  We basically are the old oilers and leafs.  Sorry i love horvat but we need an Austin matthews, a laine, a tavares, stamkos, kane type player if were gonna go to that other level. 

Id actually like to see a cup in my lifetime in vancouver. We have never had a first overall pick. Our best ever draft picks are probably kesler and corey schneider in what in 47 years of drafting?

its ignorant to say tanking a season creates a losing environment. I dont think pittsburg or chicago would agree. Its the only way to build an elite team in todays NHL.  And really was our year to do it and really bottom out.

Maybe the owners know the Vancouver market better then we think, just ice a somewhat competitive team and they will come. Get to playoffs barely for that lucrative playoff revenue. Rinse and repeat every year.. 

Ok, so you don't like:

- Bo

- LUC BOURDON [ we will never know for sure, but most think he would have been special]

- Sedin

- oh ya, Sedin, . . . you don't like the Sedin's?

- Trevor Linden

- Cam Neely

- Rick Vaive

- Bure

. . . . to name a few.

8 minutes ago, Stormriders said:

Ok, so you don't like:

- Bo

- LUC BOURDON [ we will never know for sure, but most think he would have been special]

- Sedin

- oh ya, Sedin, . . . you don't like the Sedin's?

- Trevor Linden

- Cam Neely

- Rick Vaive

- Bure

. . . . to name a few.

Pretty piss poor draft picks for 47 years

1 hour ago, Harvey Spector said:

I would take our D and our goaltending including our prospects over Tampa's any day. As for their forwards Kucherov is their best forward this year and he was a second round pick. Also Tampa is only one point ahead of us in the standings. It's not like they  Tampa are lighting lightening it up

Attended this game with my sons and a few things I took from the game.
1) This was a game where there was not alot of offense but the goals that did go in were pure beauties.
2)  I will start with Hotdog Horvat’s goal. Was such a spectacular show watching him picking up the puck, gathering speed near his own blueline, protected the puck while finishing off with  a very confident backhand to forehand to backhand and in the net play. I gotta bolieve there's plenty of more plays like this to come.

horvat-spped.gif?w=751&h=428
3) The Bear once again had another strong game, scoring a nice beauty of his own but his  reaction to the goal seemed like he was placing a sword back in the holster.

recording-3.gif?w=956&h=542

4) Tryamkin was confident with the puck with his end to end rush, and made a nice backhand pass from the boards to create a scoring chance.

5) With the way Miller has been playing lately, deserved the shutout.

6) Sutter looked good  making that impressive  backhand deke.

7) All in all, an ugly game, but pretty goals but hey most importantly it's a 5 game weiner streak.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

He's also a 4 time 40+ goal scorer.

Something we haven't had since Bure.

Meh.

I wouldn't want to put all of our eggs (goals) in one basket (player)

That's alot of cap space eaten up and alot of missing goals should that one 40+ goal player get injured. 

I have my head in the clouds and eyes on the horizon for what adding a solid young right winger to develop alongside Baer and Bo could become. 

Brock Boeser - RW

Boeser has put up great numbers. Its a real good sign that Boeser made the choice to stay in college HIMSELF. He seems like he has a good attitude and a good head on his shoulders. It should help him and his quick release and accurate shot slide nicely into the NHL.

Where those are the tools you need to score to score in today's game.

Jake Virtanen - RW (20 yrs old FFS)

I haven't given up on Virtanen. His name seems to get left off the posts these days when our promising young prospects are mentioned. The pieces of his game are there. We have seen flashes of what he can do. Speed and punishing checking. He has a heavy shot and with his size and speed...When he finally decides to go to the net he won't have a problem getting there. His defensive game was sound, especially for his age. If he can learn to be professional AND consistent, plugging him onto a line with Horvat and Sven COULD be VERY good. 

TRADE

Or we trade for a RW from our defence.

DRAFT

This year BPA is likely a centre which we need. Next year if we're still looking this is an option with our highest pick.

Any of these options have POTENTIAL to put up real solid first line numbers. 

I don't believe Bo or Baer have reached their ceilings either as everyone seems to comment how they project first line numbers already (lower bracket first line numbers) It's not like they can't further improve.

They both need to have Christmas in October. ;)

1 hour ago, canuckledraggin said:

Our defense is different and the luxury of splitting up Edler and Tanev is big. Sbisa's play is like getting an upgrade from a trade. He has really boosted his play since the World Cup, Euro team. Who would have guessed that #88 and Stetch would have been the players they turned into. I've been the biggest Tryamkin fan so I exclude myself.

Benning has really added some solid D to the team, now they just need some scoring.

6 hours ago, xRussianrocket said:

Horvat needs help on the youth movement.  Talking playoffs and winning now is gonna get us a 10th round pick, weve never had a first overall. We cant sign more Eriksson contracts. We need more top 5 picks to get that edge.  Id rather lose now and be truly competitive later. Being a brink playoff team with no chance to go far is not a way to build an elite deep team.

Find another team. This one doesn't seem right for you.

"I think you develop by playing to win," Desjardins said in a phone interview. "You never just play to play, you play to win, and I think when young players realize that, their only choice is to learn to play that way as well. I think that's how you develop. You set high standards and if players want to play, they have to meet those standards."

6 hours ago, hearditall said:

Got to give credit where credit is do, WD has the boys playing as A TEAM. 

That is what good coaches do...

Baercheese & Granlund are sure proving there worth. Great additions to this club as they mature into solid top 6 NHL'rs.

JB was the one who seen this before we all did.  

Who would give them 2 up for Hunter & a 2nd rounder now??? 

Agreed.

And lets hear it for Manny. Winning your fair share and more of face-offs has helped transform this team.

Starting with the puck, especially if your forwards are on the light side, is making all the difference to this team. Another feather in JB/TL's cap.

By the way how does Lindens faith and strength of character in standing by the coach look now?

Archived