The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

14 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

The Canucks at least did one thing right, and the fact that our games are sparsely attended is a tribute to how flakey this fan base is. Our arena is in the exact place it should be, people can go to the game, then hit the bars then take the Skytrain home, they can make a hockey game PART of a night out instead of going to a game meaning hours in traffic, inability to drink and no options of doing anything else with the night.

I wouldn't call them flakey.  They are smart for not spending $$$ on an expensive luxury.  You can still be a fan of the team, without contributing a dime.  People like to say for the last decade that Edmonton and Toronto fans were idiots to support their teams with all the turmoil.  Look at it now, spending all that $$$ during those years to maintain their seats have cost them big time for the playoffs (Oilers almost over a 50% mark up) and the Leafs are talking about making their 2018 season ticket prices in line with what scalpers are selling their tickets for (so at least you're contributing to the team and not a scalper).

Make no mistake about it.  Once Canucks' start to be good and have a waiting list those tickets are going back up.  I would say bravo to all those people not planning on renewing.

4 hours ago, gong_8 said:

I wouldn't call them flakey.  They are smart for not spending $$$ on an expensive luxury.  You can still be a fan of the team, without contributing a dime.  People like to say for the last decade that Edmonton and Toronto fans were idiots to support their teams with all the turmoil.  Look at it now, spending all that $$$ during those years to maintain their seats have cost them big time for the playoffs (Oilers almost over a 50% mark up) and the Leafs are talking about making their 2018 season ticket prices in line with what scalpers are selling their tickets for (so at least you're contributing to the team and not a scalper).

Make no mistake about it.  Once Canucks' start to be good and have a waiting list those tickets are going back up.  I would say bravo to all those people not planning on renewing.

Sad but true in a way. The Canucks are a business first and foremost and when they finally become an exciting team again and go to the 2nd round of playoffs, there will probably be massive price hikes to play "catch up" with Edmonton and Toronto. It's a double-edged sword. I am glad Edmonton has a brand new arena and a superstar in McDavid, but at the same time it's sad that regular people will not be able to afford to see a game for a long time now, with ticket prices so high, just like the Canucks were from 2004-2014.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/six-things-to-know-about-season-ticket-membership-renewal/c-288144124

Being a Canucks Season Ticket Member means being family. Not creepy second cousin family or zany great aunt family. Family, family.

Sure, you can buy tickets to a Canucks game and have the greatest night of your life at Rogers Arena, what with the fantastic food, drinks and in-game presentation. But there's more to the Vancouver Canucks experience and it's becoming a Season Ticket Member. Attending games becomes a personalized experience, one to rival any night out in Vancouver.

The 2017.18 season will be the best yet for Season Ticket Members who will receive a Rogers Arena Food & Beverage credit, brand new Canucks jersey, more pricing flexibility, and an enhanced benefits program.

Here are 6 Things you should know about Season Ticket Membership Renewal.

COMPLIMENTARY CANUCKS ADIDAS JERSEY

We want you looking your absolute best when cheering on the Canucks. As a show of appreciation for being the best fans in the NHL, we're gifting Full Season Ticket Members an official adidas Canucks home blue jersey! Haters will say they're replica jerseys or they're leftovers from former players since traded away. NOPE! These beauties are the soon-to-be-released Authentic Retail Pro jerseys featuring ADIZERO technology. No idea what ADIZERO means, but sounds fancy. Half and Quarter Season Members will receive an exclusive Canucks hat!

EAT, DRINK AND BE MERRY

New this year, members receive a complimentary food and beverage credit as part of their renewal. It breaks down like this: full-season renewal gets $200 per account, half-season scores $100 per account and quarter-season is gifted $50 per account. They told me to write this: "Host clients, enjoy a night out with friends, or treat your family on game night - it's up to you!" I disagree. Treat yo self. Forget your friends and family - it's all about you! Or them too. Your call.

PERSONALZE THAT EXPERIENCE

Have you ever visited a website so backwards it leads you to wonder if the people who built the website ever tried the website? Me too. Good news here is your new Season Ticket Member Portal is sleek, easy, and allows you to customize your membership with add-ons like VIP pre-sale opportunities, personalized tickets and more. The team that built it guarantees you'll like it.

TAKE A SEAT. ANYWHERE.

Options are important. For the first time, the Canucks are offering 36 ticket pricing levels, including 12 new levels, giving members more flexibility than ever. And on average prices are remaining flat for the fifth straight season.

AUTO - WAIT FOR IT - MATIC

It's nice when your phone automatically adjusts when it's daylight savings giving you that precious extra hour of sleep. It's also nice when your season tickets automatically renew each season streamlining your experience and saving you payment plan fees of up to $100 per pair of tickets this season! Expect an automatic smile.

EARLY BIRD GETS THE PRIZE

Season Ticket Members who renew by Friday, March 24th are automatically entered to win one of the following prizes: Trip for two on a Canucks Road Trip, one of five team-signed jerseys or one of five suite packages for a game next season. What are you waiting for?

Need help with your membership renewal or looking to jump on board for next season? Give us a shout at 604.899.GOAL (4625), option 3.

We're excited to see you at Rogers Arena next season!

On 3/23/2017 at 0:19 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

I still haven't heard anything about renewals

Got my email.  So all done renewing.  I am positive they messed up.....as they do mention the early bird draw deadline of last Friday.

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

Got my email.  So all done renewing.  I am positive they messed up.....as they do mention the early bird draw deadline of last Friday.

Who knows anymore.  This was a very poorly done renewal. I have very low hopes for next seasons organization based on how renewal went. I expect canucks will be 31st to the party when it comes to ticket exchange resale and print my tickets again.

3 minutes ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

Rogers arena is just so god damn boring, the fans are just so god damn quiet, I rather order-in and watch it on TV and maybe flip the channels if I get bored. 

Done with season tickets.

It should get better and louder now that real fans will start going. Back in 2003 we were the loudest arena in the league by far. Gm place rocked every single night. It will get there again but I can't. Blame anyone for not wanting to wait for it to happen. Long road ahead of us especially with Calgary and Edmonton in our division.

5 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Who knows anymore.  This was a very poorly done renewal. I have very low hopes for next seasons organization based on how renewal went. I expect canucks will be 31st to the party when it comes to ticket exchange resale and print my tickets again.

So how does it work for you...only keeping some of your tickets?  I guess you have to call in, and break your reps heart?

On 2/19/2017 at 0:27 PM, BCNeil said:

And a list of averages going back to 2014

http://blog.tiqiq.com/2016/10/2013-14-nhl-average-ticket-prices-team/

Interesting to see that fans in Washington pay about as much as we do on average, to see their team kill the opposition every night.

Also interesting to see that the Canucks have (according to that site) dropped their average price by over 50% since 2014. 

5 hours ago, The Vancouver Connection said:

Rogers arena is just so god damn boring, the fans are just so god damn quiet, I rather order-in and watch it on TV and maybe flip the channels if I get bored. 

Done with season tickets.

It's a morgue now.

We used to head up the nose bleeds at the PNE. We'd all be having a great time and nobody cared if you cussed out the ref, or some player, at the top of your lungs.

Try that now and some flaccid nimby will report you and you'll be "removed" (ie: ripped off because some artard got irritated at your enthusiasm)

It's not anywhere near the way it was, and it never will be again. Not unless there is a massive social paradigm shift then magically de-pussifies an entire generation+.

I have not renewed, and there is a 95% chance I am not renewing.  I like flexibility, and where I want to sit, and they are too expensive. I may go to a few games next year and have been thinking about the 3 game pack that they offer during the Season.

I really wonder what the renewal rates are going to look like. This is the first time that the Sedins have missed the playoffs 2 years in a row. In other words, we missed the playoffs 2 years in a row since like 2001. Everyone I've talked to is either not renewing, or is downgrading their seats to half season or ice pak, or is downgrading tickets. I know there's some people in this thread who fully renewed, but it seems like far less than last year. Lot quieter in here... I am betting a 75% renewal rate if the Canucks are lucky, which might mean a season ticket base of around 12,000 (assuming last year was 16,000). That number seems low but you never know. The $200 food credit and free jersey definitely might help people change their minds though.

Having moved up to the upper bowl last season it was an easier decision to renew this year than last.  Paying top dollar for lower bowl seats the first 3 years I was a STH was tough when I couldn't sell the games I couldn't go to for anywhere near my cost.  Being UBII this year I was able to sell most of my games for cost and even sold a few tickets via the ticket exchange this year for the first time ever.  I suspect a lower renewal rate than last year but 75% may be a bit low.  My only complaint is the food and beverage credit should be either per seat or a % of how much you spend.  Giving someone with 1 seat in UB4 the same amount of food and beverage credit as someone with 8 club seats isn't fair and doesn't reward customers for the money they spend with the team.  I've been asking for a food and beverage credit for years though so I'm very happy they've added one and it definitely played a part in me renewing on the first day of renewal.  Part of me hopes for low renewals so that I can get even better seats next year.

I think with the food and beverage credit it should be a percent of your total ticket price.  Oilers do it $100 per seat.  I think that is better.

I also think the free jersey should be per seat.  One of the bad things about the Canucks, is how the fans all wear different jerseys or just street clothes.  

Giving a jersey per seat and encouraging people to wear them....we'd have a sea of blue.  Calgary and Edmonton the stands look like armies.

Just got an email about season ticket membership and the prices are ridiculous for a bottom 5 team, even the half and quarter ticket packages.  If it was 2012-13 I would've bought some.

Archived