The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver vets trade them all.

harpdog

We got Burrows, hansen (then resign him next year), Edler, and Miller. We are a team of children and we are toast for a coupe of years at least. If we are going to get younger and faster then let us make the whole team at the same time younger and faster..

This is time for the scouting staff to prove their worth. . We need to d men with cannons from the point that can move people out of the net area. We need muscle. Both in front of the net and on the boards which is our 2 weakest points on this team and if Jake V would grow up and finally become a man in mind and size and if not time to move on with a swap of some one like above that another team has given up on. The twins are so predictable that teams can defend them so get some one in the middle that can change their game. Some one strong on their stick that can muscle in passes by the twins. This fringe playing ain't cuttin' it.

These players can garner players of use. We have a problem with the twins and thats a fact. Erickson can go with expansion if no one wants him

GO BURNABY MINOR

28 minutes ago, harpdog said:

We got Burrows, hansen (then resign him next year), Edler, and Miller. We are a team of children and we are toast for a coupe of years at least. If we are going to get younger and faster then let us make the whole team at the same time younger and faster..

This is time for the scouting staff to prove their worth. . We need to d men with cannons from the point that can move people out of the net area. We need muscle. Both in front of the net and on the boards which is our 2 weakest points on this team and if Jake V would grow up and finally become a man in mind and size and if not time to move on with a swap of some one like above that another team has given up on. The twins are so predictable that teams can defend them so get some one in the middle that can change their game. Some one strong on their stick that can muscle in passes by the twins. This fringe playing ain't cuttin' it.

These players can garner players of use. We have a problem with the twins and thats a fact. Erickson can go with expansion if no one wants him

GO BURNABY MINOR

Twins and Errikson have NMCs, so they can't be even sent to the minors, let alone traded or exposed to expansion.  I can tell from your post, you're frustrated with the team's lack of youth and clear direction.  We do have some very good young guys coming up though, like: Boeser, Gaudette, and Lockwood.  I think Juiolevi will be on the team next season too.  It's not the gloom and doom you think:)

30 minutes ago, harpdog said:

GO BURNABY MINOR

well if being a gm were only that easy

sounds way more like a wish list.. a dream on your part

if our players are as poor as you suggest . who will want them

and those dmen you are looking for.. tough, offensive, cannon shooting phenoms

well there are only a few in the league.. very hard to find

a lot of nothing in your post except your wish that the canucks become a better team

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Twins and Errikson have NMCs, so they can't be even sent to the minors, let alone traded or exposed to expansion.  I can tell from your post, you're frustrated with the team's lack of youth and clear direction.  We do have some very good young guys coming up though, like: Boeser, Gaudette, and Lockwood.  I think Juiolevi will be on the team next season too.  It's not the gloom and doom you think:)

What have you done with the real ALF??????

14 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What have you done with the real ALF??????

And some may say, Alf's heart grew 3 sizes that day...

3 hours ago, harpdog said:

GO BURNABY MINOR

how do we resign Hansen next year? thought we was under contract, with the Canucks?

1 hour ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

how do we resign Hansen next year? thought we was under contract, with the Canucks?

He is.  Because he has a really good cap hit, he should garner an excellent return.  I'm seeing us getting at least a first and a good prospect.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

He is.  Because he has a really good cap hit, he should garner an excellent return.  I'm seeing us getting at least a first and a good prospect.  

all you are actually doing is planting an anger seed that you can harvest when your fantasy trade doesn't happen.

3 minutes ago, butters said:

all you are actually doing is planting an anger seed that you can harvest when your fantasy trade doesn't happen.

Ya, good point.  Maybe it's wiser to not expect JB to make any moves this TDL?  I got my expectations high last TDL, and nothing happened:angry:

On 2/20/2017 at 2:45 PM, Alflives said:

I said nothing about twins or Erickson being traded.and it is not the lack of youth I am frustrated with but the lack of Veterans playing to their potential except for Miller. If the veterans are playing to their potential then they need to be traded now before their potential is AHL caliber and they are not even worth a 5 rounder.

My point is to all those pointing at out College and Junior picks, how long do you think they are nhl ready to make this team a true winner. 3 years?

Here is the deal, Finding potential from other teams is a scouting deal and not a GM deal. I am a big Travis Green and Willie fan and I believe they can get more out of the youth movement from trades than they can from Veterans.

What most of you forget is that there are certain players that can fit into a designed system and then there are real good players that are lost in a certain system(Erickson).

The old days of the defense man being big and slow is over (Edler). Some fast good players are weak on their sticks(sutter and  others) and many in the AHL are not and are overlooked because they do not fit into certain systems. This is Scouting and knowing exactly what you are looking for in players. Watch in the next game how many Canucks lose the puck off their stick or has it taken away by a less skilled player who is strong on their stick

IF nothing is doen, the Canucks will not make the playoffs and they lost a great opportunity to improve the future of this team and with that in mind We ither need a new GM who can bring in a better scouting staff. The Canucks are a team fro top to bottom, not just the players on the ice and they all need to be in tune with the system and the type of players that make a team winners.

Archived