The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My New Tatt...

Sorry to disappoint... :(

...but this is just the end of my design stage, so I posted a picture. This is the result of myself and a freelance designer working back and forth over the last few weeks using photoshop, gimp and photopea. After looking at various projected design results for the last while, it didn't even really dawn on me that so many people would think it was real.

As for the tattooer, I have a friend who owns a tattoo shop in the interior. She will often bring in crazy international artists on relatively short notice, which gives me a nice "in", so to speak. However, I live on the island, so I am going to hunt around here for a 3D artist first of all...because it really sucks if you have to go back for whatever reason, and its a 6 hour trip when driving. Or worse yet, your artist is now on the other side of the planet, literally.

On 22/02/2017 at 1:27 AM, RRypien37 said:

Almost doesn't look real....

What made you get that?

On 22/02/2017 at 8:01 AM, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

I like it! And I immediately knew the reference. It looks great. I love those kind of "3D" tattoos. I'm curious to see what it'll look like when it heals. 

On 22/02/2017 at 5:44 AM, Rubik said:

Wow cool. Personally I don't like tattoos and I would never make one for myself, but yours is one of the few I think looks really good. Did you come up with the whole idea?

On 22/02/2017 at 8:37 AM, S'all Good Man said:

Can I ask where you got it done? I have an idea for one and this artist might be a good fit. 

On 22/02/2017 at 9:06 AM, TimberWolf said:

Where did you get the work done? I've been pulling my hair out trying to find a decent artist. Most the shops these days specialize is old school hipster ink

On 22/02/2017 at 9:56 AM, Jägermeister said:

Awesome looking tattoo.  Incredibly well done.

Also curious where you got it?

Quotes added now that I'm on my computer... see my previous post.

7 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

You lied to us! :o

Though looking at my response to RRypien37 at 2:30 to 3ish in the morning, I am guessing there may have been alcohol involved...

Pretty sure I said something to him about it "Almost looks real", but fat thumbed it with an edit later, when adding the "Tale of Two Wolves" part later on.

• 5 months later...

wow your friend is a good photoshopper!  I like using photoshop too and I thought it looked weird but was still pretty convincing.

Anyone else here photoshop?

I think you will regret that tattoo. It will keep BOTH wolves close to you... but I think its smarter to just make the other wolf go away. It won't hang around long if you don't feed it, then you don't need the tattoo :D

PS:  TS lied, lol. Good wolf got robbed/bad wolf got fed.  Maybe you do need the tattoo :D

Archived