The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

Similar game sheet for Dahlén to the last one, but this time Timrå loses in the shootout. No points. Played 21ish minutes, 7 shot attempts, 5 SOG, missed on his SO attempt.

Seems the hockey gods are saving up the puck luck for Dahlén to use later. Would not be surprised to see him explode for massive multipoint game when this recent dam finally breaks.

On 1/24/2018 at 2:26 PM, ForzaTikare said:

Yes, he does so much more than the points. His stress on puckholders and the amount of threat he is Making the opponents focus him.. he does so much good and is in the tight spots almost all the time!

This is one of my favourite things to read in this thread. Points are great, but battle without the puck has just as much value.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Thanks. I tried searching some of the websites but couldn’t find anything.

No worries! www.st.nu/sport is the local newspaper, you can find pretty much anything about Timrå IK there, should work with Google translate 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

No worries! www.st.nu/sport is the local newspaper, you can find pretty much anything about Timrå IK there, should work with Google translate 

Thanks for that link. I’ll definitely check there next time.

I had tried going through most of the recent HockeyAllsvenskan.se articles on Timrå and couldn’t find anything. 

Looks like some of the Sundsvalls Tidning content is subscriber access only. Although I suppose I can afford the 1kr trial rate.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Thanks for that link. I’ll definitely check there next time.

I had tried going through most of the recent HockeyAllsvenskan.se articles on Timrå and couldn’t find anything. 

Looks like some of the Sundsvalls Tidning content is subscriber access only. Although I suppose I can afford the 1kr trial rate.

Yea, think you should be able to live through that 

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Dahlén still not getting the bounces. 8 shot attempts today (4 on goal, 3 blocked, 1 wide) but no points. Timrå won 1-0.

He isn't what hes usually been, missed 2 open nets today.. Sadly the bounces aint going right (for the whole team except the 3rd line) Luckily the Def still works so games is still won.. Im not worried about Dahlén thou. Hes doing the right things just need to get the plug open again

3 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

He isn't what hes usually been, missed 2 open nets today.. Sadly the bounces aint going right (for the whole team except the 3rd line) Luckily the Def still works so games is still won.. Im not worried about Dahlén thou. Hes doing the right things just need to get the plug open again

Yeah, he was bound to have a cold spell at some point. Happens to everyone.

Hopefully he gets it out of his system soon though because Timrå will need him scoring if they hope to qualify for SHL this year.

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Dahlén busts the slump with the primary assist on Timrå’s 3-0 goal in the 3rd!

Finally. Now he just needs a goal but remains snakebitten so far (7 shot attempts this game with 5 SOG currently).

Saving them up for when he joins the Canucks after his Timrå season is over.

5 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Is he eligible to do that? How about the AHL

Fo' sho', he's in his first year of his ELC and likely to be in North America next season anyway.  With us projecting to "clear the decks" to some degree in short order, would think he's one of the prime candidates to get some games here, then maybe down to Utica for their playoff run.  Sid can probably confirm -- what's the Allsvenskan schedule, as in the latest date his post-season could run?

18 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Fo' sho', he's in his first year of his ELC and likely to be in North America next season anyway.  With us projecting to "clear the decks" to some degree in short order, would think he's one of the prime candidates to get some games here, then maybe down to Utica for their playoff run.  Sid can probably confirm -- what's the Allsvenskan schedule, as in the latest date his post-season could run?

Too busy to check to actual dates, but if memory serves, the Allsvenskan playoffs run into mid March and then the SHL qualifiers (where Timrå hopefully ends up) are end of March or early April.

Also, not sure how Dahlén’s NHL contract status affects his AHL eligibility. I’ll have to check, but he may need to be “papered down” to be eligible to join Utica anytime after the TDL. 

EDIT: the above is confusing as written. What I mean is that it’s possible that Dahlén would need to be placed on the Utica roster before the TDL (which definitely isn’t happening) for him to be eligible for the AHL playoffs. 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1