The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll]{Proposal}Fire Willie

RetroCanuck

Fire Willie When?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know there is already the Willie watch thread but I would like to see an updated version on wether or not Willie should be fired.

Management has said that this is basically a development year now and they want the kids to play. Yet Goldobin gets benched after scoring a goal and only registers 5:51 ice time in his first game. That is a $&!#e way to reward your player for scoring. Willies win at all costs and only play defence is the exact opposite of what management and fans want. In my mind its time to fire Willie before the seasons over and let Jarvis run the team until the end of the season. Also I think it would be good to play some D prospects like Pedan, McEneny and Subban but that won't happen with Willie.

Therefore I want to see Canuck fans opinion now, Fire Willie now, Fire in the offseason or another year as head coach.

Note: Mods Im looking for a fresh view with this poll as Willie watch is outdated, but if you feel like you need to take it down go ahead.

A lot of penalties taken by the Canucks which chewed up some of Goldys time. But yeah some of those guys should get chances to play but if the Comets are making the playoffs it would be good for guys like Subban, McEney to get meaningful games in the AHL.

Can Willie develop young players?

That's the only question Nucks fans should be asking...

Can he win games? No - but honesty, we don't want to win games right now... that only hurts us in the long run...

If WD can help develop our younger core better then most coaches we could actually get, then he needs to keep his job for next couple years.... if during those couple years his poor coaching style during games loses us a bunch of games, then count that as icing on the cake

Just now, Dral said:

Can Willie develop young players?

That's the only question Nucks fans should be asking...

Can he win games? No - but honesty, we don't want to win games right now... that only hurts us in the long run...

If WD can help develop our younger core better then most coaches we could actually get, then he needs to keep his job for next couple years.... if during those couple years his poor coaching style during games loses us a bunch of games, then count that as icing on the cake

Is he developing young players well though? Virtanen and McCann might say no. Megna might say yes

Just now, cuporbust said:

Ive never been more livid over a canucks win. No joke. 

haha hard to be happy about this one besides the fact Bo and Baer played well. That Goldy goal was a perfect shot! But Willies decision making definitely puts a damper on things

Just now, RetroCanuck said:

Is he developing young players well though? Virtanen and McCann might say no. Megna might say yes

Maybe they would, but what a 20yr old has to say about their own development I'd take with a grain of salt... what with being 20 yrs old and all...

That is the ultimate question though... if WD IS developing our younger players well.... then losing is just icing on the cake....

If he can't develop them well, THEN he needs to go

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Bo would definitely be in the yes crowd. Along with Baertchi, Stecher, Hutton and Granlund.

I don't remember ever seeing people so sour after a win.

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha hard to be happy about this one besides the fact Bo and Baer played well. That Goldy goal was a perfect shot! But Willies decision making definitely puts a damper on things

Yeah 23 seconds in the last period. 

1040 is going off right now. Lol. 

Just now, Salmonberries said:

Bo would definitely be in the yes crowd. Along with Baertchi, Stecher, Hutton and Granlund.

I don't remember ever seeing people so sour after a win.

I agree with Bo, Grans and Baer but Hutton and Stetcher have had loads of hard work heaped on them that is hurting their offensive upside. All about that defence

I agree with Bo, Grans and Baer but Hutton and Stetcher have had loads of hard work heaped on them that is hurting their offensive upside. All about that defence

I forgot to include Tryamkin. His game has grown leaps and bounds over the course of the season. Quite remarkable really.

I know people were anxious to see more of Goldy, I was too, but we were on the pk for the whole third period almost and that is not Goldy's forte.

1 minute ago, Salmonberries said:

I forgot to include Tryamkin. His game has grown leaps and bounds over the course of the season. Quite remarkable really.

I know people were anxious to see more of Goldy, I was too, but we were on the pk for the whole third period almost and that is not Goldy's forte.

I know the PK may not be good for Goldy but he needs to be capable in all areas of the ice. If that means making a few mistakes this year, and learning from them, then thats fine with me

I know the PK may not be good for Goldy but he needs to be capable in all areas of the ice. If that means making a few mistakes this year, and learning from them, then thats fine with me

Sure, that's great as a fan, but as the head coach Willie has to try to win every single game. If it looked like he wasn't trying to win evry game I'd be the first to join you on the fire Willie bandwagon. As it is, I happen to think the team has achieved to it's max capability this year, and that Willie has done a good job with the kids. So I say bring him back for another year. Elite coaches aren't going to be clamoring to sign for our rebuild here anyway.

Archived