The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's up with Jake?

BureMostExciting

What the heck is up with Jake Virtanen?

In 47 games played in Utica, he has 6 goals, 6 assists, has a shooting percentage of 5.7% and is a - 9 (3rd worst on the team).

This guys attitude must be at a very low ebb, as it appears he has not gotten over the disappointment of being sent down early in the season and is not doing what he has to do to get back to 'the dance'.

To me, this is very bad news for his future with this organization.

5 minutes ago, BureMostExciting said:

What the heck is up with Jake Virtanen?

In 47 games played in Utica, he has 6 goals, 6 assists, has a shooting percentage of 5.7% and is a - 9 (3rd worst on the team).

This guys attitude must be at a very low ebb, as it appears he has not gotten over the disappointment of being sent down early in the season and is not doing what he has to do to get back to 'the dance'.

To me, this is very bad news for his future with this organization.

Maybe head over to Jake Virtanen thread... There have been some updates on his play.

According to our Utica based board members Jake is working hard and buying in to what is being asked of him. Stats are a relatively poor way of evaluating a prospect's mental progression, especially on a middle of the pack team like Utica has been this season. I mean they're in the bottom 1/3 for team scoring, and even though the team exists replace Canucks players who go down, our injuries haven't really helped them ice a consistent roster this season. Not that that's anything new.

4 minutes ago, lordstanley2019 said:

He's playing fine, he has weak offensive linemates. He carries his line in my opinion but the team is weak. 

He's been playing better of late. Dw he'll still be a 1-3 line RW 

rofl. 

there is an excuse for everything, seriously. It is only bound by your imagination; or ignorance. 

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

According to our Utica based board members Jake is working hard and buying in to what is being asked of him. Stats are a relatively poor way of evaluating a prospect's mental progression, especially on a middle of the pack team like Utica has been this season. I mean they're in the bottom 1/3 for team scoring, and even though the team exists replace Canucks players who go down, our injuries haven't really helped them ice a consistent roster this season. Not that that's anything new.

Agreed, there is way more a player can bring besides goals and assists. Look at Bo, he can kill penalties, win faceoffs and wins puck battles. Jake can contribute to this team in many ways, like being physical and throwing hits.

I just think that if he can get his head straight, and truly understand what 'his skills' can be brought to the Canucks table, he'll be a real asset.  The Canucks are sorely missing 'toughness' this season and if Jake can get the 'right attitude' to merge with his skill, his bodychecking could really help this rather soft team.

3 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

rofl. 

there is an excuse for everything, seriously. It is only bound by your imagination; or ignorance. 

I'm so glad you posted here because I just read through the Shink-Granlund trade thread and man do you look stupid in there.  Like really, really dumb.  I can't believe you even have the gonads to post here anymore.

Archived