The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Arizona

So I was thinking.. What's missing in our top 9?

The combination of toughness & skill.

And the first name I thought of was Max Domi..

Why??

1) Domi's having a down year to maybe Arizona is willing to (entertain?) offers for him (ex. Duclair during the TD)

2) Their forward group is extremely crowded with young players (Keller, Dvorak, Duclair, Fischer, Perlini, Crouse, Pulkinnen)

To VAN:

Domi

2018 ARI 3nd

To ARI: 

(assuming it is given this year) 2017 CBJ 2nd

Tanev

Pedan

- Load up on picks in a stacked 2018 draft either to use, or as bait in a trade.

- Tanev solidifies their top 4 

- Pedan as a throw in, clear room on the blueline in Utica for next year

Lineup for when all our prospects are on the team:

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Domi - (this year's draft pick) - Goldobin

Virtanen - Gaudette - Dahlen

Boucher - Gaunce - Granlund

Tryamkin - Juolevi

Gudbranson - Stecher

Hutton - ?

Demko

To ARI: (ARI has a lot of good prospects and could use a solid Dmen in Tanev)

Tanev + Subban + 2017 4th

To VAN:  

2017 1st + 2018 2nd

Then we could pick a Center and a Dmen:

one of Hischier, Patrick, Mittelstadt

one of Liljegren, Makar, Foote

and there is still the possibility of SJ 1st.... 

1 hour ago, scheif16 said:

To ARI: (ARI has a lot of good prospects and could use a solid Dmen in Tanev)

Tanev + Subban + 2017 4th

To VAN:  

2017 1st + 2018 2nd

Then we could pick a Center and a Dmen:

one of Hischier, Patrick, Mittelstadt

one of Liljegren, Makar, Foote

and there is still the possibility of SJ 1st.... 

Did you really just suggest that Taney is worth the potential 1st or 2nd overall plus a 2nd?  Really? 

3 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Tanev can net a great prospect from a contender, not from a rebuilder. How obvious does this have to get. 

I just thought that with Chayka's obsession with analytics, and Tanev being more of an "analytics darling" they could pair well together.

Plus they've shown a willingness to at least listen for Duclair during the TD, the same possibility could arise with Domi?

37 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Did you really just suggest that Taney is worth the potential 1st or 2nd overall plus a 2nd?  Really? 

what's about the hall - larsson trade? and larsson isn't better than tanev for sure

And there is also an prospect in subban and a 4th which means it's not only tanev for a 1st and 2nd

what you you suggest as a return for tanev? 

27 minutes ago, scheif16 said:

what's about the hall - larsson trade? and larsson isn't better than tanev for sure

And there is also an prospect in subban and a 4th which means it's not only tanev for a 1st and 2nd

what you you suggest as a return for tanev? 

The Hall trade was a unique situation. They were an up and coming team they identified a specific player they wanted and had the redundant  high end assets to over pay.  Beyond that. Larsson is younger and bigger. He's also far more durable and is a former 4th overall pick. Tanev is a great defensive D but has never managed to stay healthy. He also doesn't have the pedigree that Larsson had.  

Show me another trade involving a defenceman with zero offensive output that has returned anywhere close to what you're asking.  You can't, because the trade didn't establish the market. 

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

The Hall trade was a unique situation. They were an up and coming team they identified a specific player they wanted and had the redundant  high end assets to over pay.  Beyond that. Larsson is younger and bigger. He's also far more durable and is a former 4th overall pick. Tanev is a great defensive D but has never managed to stay healthy. He also doesn't have the pedigree that Larsson had.  

Show me another trade involving a defenceman that has returned anywhere close to what you're asking.  You can't, because the trade didn't establish the market. 

“I was flying back with (Tanev’s defence partner) Morgan Rielly and we were talking about just how good of a player he is,” Montreal Canadiens winger Brendan Gallagher told TSN1040 in Vancouver. “He was so consistent for us night after night.”

“On defense, I was pretty impressed with Tanev,” two-way demon Mark Stone of the Ottawa Senators concurred. “You look at his numbers, I think he gets 20-25 points a year, but he does a lot of things that help your team win. He was probably our most steady defenceman from a defensive perspective all tournament.”

Considering that Gallagher suits up with 2013 Norris Trophy winner P.K. Subban when he’s doing his day job with the Habs and Stone’s Senators teammate is two-time Norris champ Erik Karlsson, this pair knows a thing or two about high-end blueliners. It seems that Tanev stood out to them thanks to his smart, reliable play—perhaps in contrast to the high-risk, high-reward styles that we see in the NHL from both Subban and Karlsson.

Thats a feedback about Tanev's performance at the last World Cup of Hockey. He was one of the best Dmen there. In a better Team he would might increase his production. Maybe a team sees the potential and is willing to pay that price, it just would be nice for the future, to have as many prospects as possible.

9 minutes ago, scheif16 said:

“I was flying back with (Tanev’s defence partner) Morgan Rielly and we were talking about just how good of a player he is,” Montreal Canadiens winger Brendan Gallagher told TSN1040 in Vancouver. “He was so consistent for us night after night.”

“On defense, I was pretty impressed with Tanev,” two-way demon Mark Stone of the Ottawa Senators concurred. “You look at his numbers, I think he gets 20-25 points a year, but he does a lot of things that help your team win. He was probably our most steady defenceman from a defensive perspective all tournament.”

Considering that Gallagher suits up with 2013 Norris Trophy winner P.K. Subban when he’s doing his day job with the Habs and Stone’s Senators teammate is two-time Norris champ Erik Karlsson, this pair knows a thing or two about high-end blueliners. It seems that Tanev stood out to them thanks to his smart, reliable play—perhaps in contrast to the high-risk, high-reward styles that we see in the NHL from both Subban and Karlsson.

Thats a feedback about Tanev's performance at the last World Cup of Hockey. He was one of the best Dmen there. In a better Team he would might increase his production. Maybe a team sees the potential and is willing to pay that price, it just would be nice for the future, to have as many prospects as possible.

Keep dreaming.  There's no way in hell that Arizona trades the potential 1st or 2nd overall pick for Tanev.  It's not like he's the one piece missing from making them a playoff contender. They have a lot of holes to fill. 

9 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Domi for Virtanen + CBJ 2nd 

I'd do it. Would Arizona? 

I can't see any reason why Arizona would make that trade. Domi has shown he can play in the NHL while Virtanen has struggled to find his way in the AHL

1 hour ago, JayCanuck10 said:

Ok... stop.

You're the one that needs to stop.

Domi looks like an unreal Top 6 forward who plays with grit and has experience playing with Horvat for the London Knights in junior. There's chemistry there from their time playing on London's Powerplay.

Either make a better trade suggestion or GTFO. This is called the Armchair GM forum for a reason, bro. 

23 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

You're the one that needs to stop.

Domi looks like an unreal Top 6 forward who plays with grit and has experience playing with Horvat for the London Knights in junior. There's chemistry there from their time playing on London's Powerplay.

Either make a better trade suggestion or GTFO. This is called the Armchair GM forum for a reason, bro. 

Exactly.....so why does Arizona want to give him up? 

Plus Virtanen and a 2nd? That isn't remotely appetizing for ARI. Why do they want that. They have enough forwards.

Try again.

Maybe a package deal for Hutton but not 1 for 1.

Just now, Adarsh Sant said:

Exactly.....so why does Arizona want to give him up? 

Plus Virtanen and a 2nd? That isn't remotely appetizing for ARI. Why do they want that. They have enough forwards.

Try again.

Which is why I brought up Hutton and then that frackgoof just said "stop.". Stop what bro? I'm just getting started. 

Archived