The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

He was a huge reason I looked forward to Nucks games of late. My flame of interest in this team is starting to dwindle. So much for checking the boards for interesting news in the off season. It's more like bad after bad. What's next, we lock Gudbranson for 10 years at 10 Mil per?  

Just now, NHTyrany said:

He was a huge reason I looked forward to Nucks games of late. My flame of interest in this team is starting to dwindle. So much for checking the boards for interesting news in the off season. It's more like bad after bad. What's next, we lock Gudbranson for 10 years at 10 Mil per?  

Don't you put that evil on us Ricky Bobby!!!

5 minutes ago, Blue_Jays_Canucks said:

Can we finally give Subban a chance? 

Go from giant to dwarf?

At this point without Tryamkin:

Edler/Tanev

Hutton/Gudbranson

Sbisa/Stecher

Frankly I'll be surprised if Subban ever dresses for a game. if you struggle with the defensive side in the AHL you'll likely never make the NHL.

2 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

well he's going to get paid now since they can't let him walk - his agent is jumping up and down this morning -

That went from a one year bridge at 3.5 to a 6 year at 5.5 just on Try leaving

Just now, Baggins said:

Go from giant to dwarf?

At this point without Tryamkin:

Edler/Tanev

Hutton/Gudbranson

Sbisa/Stecher

Frankly I'll be surprised if Subban ever dresses for a game. if you struggle with the defensive side in the AHL you'll likely never make the NHL.

Its either trade Edler or expose Sbisa (or Edler) so remove one of those guys - I made a thread on it

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This one comment from Desjardins always upsets me:

"If he [Tryamkin] had stepped up like he did on Benn on Marchand, I think we win that game."

That was the final straw for me, after that I hated Willie, such a stupid comment. 

The Canucks will hold his rights for a few more years maybe after he sees how much better things are over here he will come back. 

6 minutes ago, Boeser6 said:

Its either trade Edler or expose Sbisa (or Edler) so remove one of those guys - I made a thread on it

I wouldn't move any of them to just give Subban a chance. He hasn't been great in the AHL and I question whether he'll ever manage the D side in the NHL. No way I'd move somebody on a pure gamble.

Just now, Baggins said:

I wouldn't move any of them to just give Subban a chance. He hasn't been great in the AHL and I question whether he'll ever manage the D side in the NHL. No way I'd move somebody on a pure gamble.

I never said move them to give Subban a chance - i said move Edler to protect Sbisa because we can't afford to lose both Sbisa (26) and Try (22) and their grit in a rebuild and keep a 31 year old who is playing avg at best.

Gutted. There is no way to spin this that doesn't absolutely suck. He was one of few bright spots this year, and now he's lost for nothing. If it really were ice time, why wouldn't he give another coach a shot?

Plus, he's at the conclusion of his contract - I'm sure he could have negotiated 1.5-2.5m here.

Archived