The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Salvaging the lottery

So the worst happened and we're stuck picking at 5.  Since there's nothing really useful likely available there (unless Benning's willing to take Middelstadt), I'd like to try to get Drouin out of Tampa.

To Tampa:

Tanev

Baertschi

2017 1st

To Vancouver:

Drouin

2018 1st (lottery protected)

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I want the 14th overall (foote) this year not next years 26th overall..

Also I don't know if they'd want Sven as he'd take up another ED spot.

There's not a real difference between 5 and 14 this year though.  I'd rather do that too but I don't see why Tampa does that.

2 minutes ago, ILL BILL NECRO said:

Tampa has no cap, they need to move cap to recieve cap.

Your right about that. It would be nice if Garrison waived and we burn up the last year of his contract/trade him at deadline

Tanev+Columbus 2nd

for

Tampa 1st+Garrison+Condra+Howden

? We burn cap/get vets and potentially really good prospects

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

Your right about that. It would be nice if Garrison waived and we burn up the last year of his contract/trade him at deadline

Tanev+Columbus 2nd

for

Tampa 1st+Garrison+Condra+Howden

? We burn cap/get vets and potentially really good prospects

So where do we trade our first to?

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There's not a real difference between 5 and 14 this year though.  I'd rather do that too but I don't see why Tampa does that.

I don't know about that, theres a pretty big difference between 5 and 14 this year.  At 5 you can get Vilardi, Mittelstadt, Glass, Heiskanen, all for sure top 6/top 4D,  NHLers...

At 15 you're looking a higher risk players Tolvanen, Suzuki, foote, Petterson.

After 6 there's a big drop in talent.  

29 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So the worst happened and we're stuck picking at 5.  Since there's nothing really useful likely available there (unless Benning's willing to take Middelstadt), I'd like to try to get Drouin out of Tampa.

To Tampa:

Tanev

Baertschi

2017 1st

To Vancouver:

Drouin

2018 1st (lottery protected)

My understanding is that TBL wants another offensive NHL ready dman. They have Koekkoek (sp) coming up so I don't see them looking for Tanev.

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I don't know about that, theres a pretty big difference between 5 and 14 this year.  At 5 you can get Vilardi, Mittelstadt, Glass, Heiskanen, all for sure top 6/top 4D,  NHLers...

At 15 you're looking a higher risk players Tolvanen, Suzuki, foote, Petterson.

After 6 there's a big drop in talent.  

I'd take Foote over Vilardi in a heartbeat.

8 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Why trade it? Draft Mits  and hope he lights up college next year. Then draft Lils or another D at 14.

Because Benning is rumoured to not want Middlestadt.  There's nothing else really worth drafting at that spot unless we go for a D who isn't likely to become an impact player.

Just now, King Heffy said:

The guy lacks high-end skill.  Just got a bad feeling about him being able to produce enough offense in the NHL.  PLD 2.0.

Please, explain,  how does his game lack high end skill?  He's able to produce 1.25 ppg in the ohl at 17, while being the youngest player on his team...He's not a pure offensive talent but neither is Kopitar, Toews, Getzlaf, Bergeron.

Archived