The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Dallas-Van

KL's contract is fairly buy-out friendly, 2.6 and 1.7 mil for the next 2 years, and Dallas doesn't have any retained salary next year, so there isn't massive pressure to move KL but it would make things easier for Dallas, thats for sure. I could see a simpler version of this:

Kari Lehtonen

Julius Honka

2017 Anaheim 1st (30th)

for

Tanev. 

Dallas really is our best trade partner as they just got their goalie and they have (Benn, Seguin, Spezza and Klingberg).  They also need what we have Edler and Tanev would be huge for them.  Sutter and Dorsett would also fit well with their team.  Even Louie Eriksson had his best years in Dallas.  They could use any of that.  Edler is playing with Klingberg now in the WC, and I do believe he would waive to go to Dallas.

No one taken at 3rd overall would actually play in their opening day roster or at least they shouldn't. 

Edler

Eriksson

Subban

Columbus 2nd round pick

for

3rd overall

30th overall

Honka

NIemi

Lethonen

They get rid of all of their cap issues.  Add a top 6 that's played well for them.  Edler and Klingberg would be their top pair.  They get Subban who was an AHL all-star.  I mean that should be a reasonable sell.

1 hour ago, scheif16 said:

To Dallas:

Tanev

To Van: 

2017 3rd Overall + Honka + Lehtonen

Picks:

3rd Overall - Heiskanen/ Makar

5th Overall - Glass / Mittelstadt

You seriously think Tanev has that high a value? 

39 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You seriously think Tanev has that high a value? 

There is a market for tanev, many teams are in need of a top 4 Dmen. That could definately rise his value during the next few weeks,  I assume they want to get rid of a terrible GK contract. Maybe we have to add the SJ 4th or a player like subban. Do you agree

2 minutes ago, scheif16 said:

There is a market for tanev, many teams are in need of a top 4 Dmen. That could definately rise his value during the next few weeks,  I assume they want to get rid of a terrible GK contract. Maybe we have to add the SJ 4th or a player like subban. Do you agree

Not remotely.  If you're expecting a 3rd overall pick and Dallas's best prospect for Tanev I suspect you're going to be severely disappointed (Assuming Tanev is dealt. Which I think is unlikely). 

I understand you're asking more to take the cap dump. But honestly I think they'd rather buy him out than pay the kings ransom you're asking. 

Adding a 4th round pick or a long shot prospect doesn't balance the scales. 

2 hours ago, scheif16 said:

To Dallas:

Tanev

To Van: 

2017 3rd Overall + Honka + Lehtonen

Picks:

3rd Overall - Heiskanen/ Makar

5th Overall - Glass / Mittelstadt

:lol: 

I feel like I say this every week.

Worst proposal I've ever seen.

On 2017-5-12 at 11:06 AM, CaptainLinden16 said:

Dallas really is our best trade partner as they just got their goalie and they have (Benn, Seguin, Spezza and Klingberg).  They also need what we have Edler and Tanev would be huge for them.  Sutter and Dorsett would also fit well with their team.  Even Louie Eriksson had his best years in Dallas.  They could use any of that.  Edler is playing with Klingberg now in the WC, and I do believe he would waive to go to Dallas.

No one taken at 3rd overall would actually play in their opening day roster or at least they shouldn't. 

Edler

Eriksson

Subban

Columbus 2nd round pick

for

3rd overall

30th overall

Honka

NIemi

Lethonen

They get rid of all of their cap issues.  Add a top 6 that's played well for them.  Edler and Klingberg would be their top pair.  They get Subban who was an AHL all-star.  I mean that should be a reasonable sell.

Gagliardi is the owner a guy that would love to put the boots to the Canucks. 

Archived