The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Complete the rebuild

1.  Lose Sbisa in Expansion Draft

2.  Re-sign Horvat (bridge contract $4.5 million for 2 years ... still needs to prove that he's a #1 C - his stats fell when he had to face #1 defense pairings toward the end of the year)

3.  Trade Edler to DAL for #29, rights to Nichushkin and Niemi

4.  Trade Nischuskin, #29, #55 (CLB) to PHIL for #2

5.  Draft #2 Hischier or Patrick

6.  Draft #5 Makar / Mittelstadt / Heiskanen

7.  Trade Tanev to TB for Drouin

8.  Sign Alzner (4 years - $5.25 million) ... Burnaby boy, need some additional grit on the backend

Leave draft picks in minors/Utica to develop ... in order to tank next season for Rasmus Dahlin (D - 2018 Draft) and Jack Hughes (2019 Draft)

Granlund - Drouin - Boeser

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Goldobin

Eriksson - Sutter - Dorsett/Rodin

Alzner - Stecher

Juolevi - Guddy

Hutton - Subban

Holm - Pedan - Biega - Chatfield

Markstrom

Niemi

Youre not getting 2nd OA for that package.

Youre not getting Drouin for Tanev alone unfortunately. 

Alzner will likely get longer term with more money. 5yr/30m minimum as FA as many teams will be losing a top 4 D to Las Vegas. 

You have the right idea, just not the way in which we can get there. 

You have to give to get. 

6 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

hahahahaha Drouin as centre lol and those proposals!  Not a chance!

Gotta agree Tanev will not get Drouin by himself. maybe our 2nd and A cash dump but that's only if A better offer doesn't come Stevie's way Like vats or Fowler for Drouin.

Philly has Almost entirely LHD, Our best bet to get their 3rd would be Tanev CBJs 2nd A mac as a cash dump and possibly a 3rd next year.

AT #5b Heiskanen will probably be gone. And JB has literally not once brought up Maker. I think at 5 he is going with Glass if we don't make a trade with Philly Or lilegren or Necas both who have benn playing against men all year and couyld possibly make the team at some point next season, or gain valuable experience in Utica. He keeps mentioning euro skill with NA heart well they both fit that to A tee 

I personally would be happy with any combo of Patrick or nico =Lilegren or glass or Necas and lilegren. I feel if Glass puts on some weight this year and improves his skating A bit he might get a 9 game look. and who knows after that. 

If we can't swing a deal with Philly id like to see Tanev moved to the 7th or 8th slot and draft Necas plus Lillegren at 5 and pick up additional picks or prospects from Arizona and Kane from the Sabres. granted I'm sure we would have to take back their most useless RHD since they already have their top 3 I'm assuming Bogosian.

Going to be a lot of deals I think with the ed draft right before the draft teams are going to be scrambling to fill some of the players they lost. I hope JB is seriously thinking about using most of our free cap to help get us, players, we might not usually have A shot at like A Drouin for instanceA lot of teams that want him or right up against the cap or will lose someone in order to protect him. Like the ducks. The only team that scares me is the Hurricanes Lots of cap room lots of exempt players But will Francis be willing to trade a Slavin or a Faulk or that other young kid not Hanifin but some guy who seems to have come out of nowhere Pesce. Seriously CH has some damn good defensive scouts

1- It's really unclear that Sbisa would be the one taken.  My guess is that they will prefer a player for their AHL team.  McPhee wants to go young and get additional picks because he says his team will be built through the draft.  

2- Benning has already said that he wants to sign Horvat long term.  He doesn't see him as a replacement to Henrik.  He is always insisting they need a playmaking C. 

3- Benning has said that they don't play on doing anything with Edler.  He does not want to waive and Vancouver is not a contender so it might have to do with his family situation.

4-6 Philadelphia has limited C-depth.  That's why they traded for Filppula at the deadline.  They see Couturier more as a C3 and prefer Schenn on the wing.  Drafting Hischier or Patrick is going to fill a position of need.  

It's unlikely that they are willing to move the pick without another very high pick in return where they can still get a top-6 C.  It also depends on their internal ranking.  How close do they feel Hishier/Patrick vs the other Cs that could still be available at #5.

7-  Tampa was trying to sign Shattenkirk at the TDL but could not agree on term so the deal fell through.  They seem to be looking for more offensive awareness than a player like Tanev would provide.  They have been scouting Dumba and they were interested in Trouba.  They have been scouting Anaheim where many believe that Vatanen could be available.

8- Alzner is more of a stay-at-home D.  He admits that he lost some footspeed ever since sports hernia surgery (maybe just temporary) and he was only average to begin with.  Playoffs teams talk of how the game is so much faster now and how the Ds need to be involved in the play.  Teams are now attacking at 5 and defending at 5.  

Even Green and Benning talk of how offence starts with the ability of the D to quickly move the puck up ice and join the rush.  That's not Alzner.  Other teams are increasing their mobility and using Pittsburgh or Nashville as their blueprint. 

Archived