The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petrus Palmu | RW/LW

Tomato Pajamas

• 4 months later...
On 3/23/2021 at 6:43 PM, Kootenay Gold said:

Most likely will not have to think about him much longer as it is very doubtful that he is re-signed.

Yeah, things soured between him and the Canucks, for whatever reason. The Canucks did not qualify him today, so he's now out of our system, I think.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:57 AM, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

You are forgetting Gillis took Horvat and Quinn had a bunch of good draft picks that made a difference Linden, Nedved, Mike Peca, Ohlund and Burke took the only NHL all stars in the entire 2000 draft with the Sedins and also took Kesler, Bieksa. The Canucks are alright in drafting but it is trades where Vancouver makes their team better by fleecing other teams. 

They're more than alright. Benning's brought the best drafting to this team by a long Canuck mile.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

They're more than alright. Benning's brought the best drafting to this team by a long Canuck mile.

Except it was Judd Brackett that drafted all the great players when jobs got restructured and Benning took Virtanen and Juolevi and Brackett took a lot of the players in the later rounds until Brackett was running the draft where you get the 2017 and 2018 draft masterpieces. Brackett is now running Minnesota's draft and got a top 3 talent in the second half of the draft.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Except it was Judd Brackett that drafted all the great players when jobs got restructured and Benning took Virtanen and Juolevi and Brackett took a lot of the players in the later rounds until Brackett was running the draft where you get the 2017 and 2018 draft masterpieces. Brackett is now running Minnesota's draft and got a top 3 talent in the second half of the draft.

Wow, that's some amazing logic you got there.

Somehow using your methodology, Benning gets stripped of all the credit for selecting picks, but the outgoing scout gets somehow all the credit for everything else. :lol:

The lengths that people who blindly hate Benning go through just to justify their original thought....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Somehow using your methodology, Benning gets stripped of all the credit for selecting picks, but the outgoing scout gets somehow all the credit for everything else. :lol:

The lengths that people who blindly hate Benning go through just to justify their original thought....

If you don't believe me then do your own research and you will find out that Linden changed who made the final decision in drafting before the 2017 draft where before Benning had final say on who to take but he would normally lean on Brackett for players in later rounds and then 2017 Brackett was in charge of the draft just like how he is now in Minnesota as Thomas Durance and the Sekeres and Price guys bring this up all the time as why Brackett didn't get a decent contract offer even after pulling off 2 masterpiece drafts because Benning hated not having final say on the draft floor.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

22 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Just remember every bad pick = Benning 

Every good pick = Bracket 

Oh ya and it’s been reported 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

If you don't believe me then do your own research and you will find out that Linden changed who made the final decision in drafting before the 2017 draft where before Benning had final say on who to take but he would normally lean on Brackett for players in later rounds and then 2017 Brackett was in charge of the draft just like how he is now in Minnesota as Thomas Durance and the Sekeres and Price guys bring this up all the time as why Brackett didn't get a decent contract offer even after pulling off 2 masterpiece drafts because Benning hated not having final say on the draft floor.

Proof?

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So we should be asking Sekeris for proof then?

Do you not understand the basics of journalism when doing stories on a subject?

You are free to contact Sekeres on twitter and have him laugh at you after telling you he got his info from sources in the Canucks like every other journalist that wrote about this subject. I understand the link I posted had a lot of words but if you read it you will find out for yourself.

Seriously buddy the thickness of your skull is amazing that it belongs in the Ripley's believe it or not odditiesIron Man Reaction GIF

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Do you not understand the basics of journalism when doing stories on a subject?

You are free to contact Sekeres on twitter and have him laugh at you after telling you he got his info from sources in the Canucks like every other journalist that wrote about this subject. I understand the link I posted had a lot of words but if you read it you will find out for yourself.

Seriously buddy the thickness of your skull is amazing that it belongs in the Ripley's believe it or not odditiesIron Man Reaction GIF

Sekeres also reported Hughes on IV, which was proven false. He is a journalist, but his track record is very poor at this point.

I think Sekeres has been blackballed by Canucks media, so he's struggling to find relevance in this market.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Like I said Sekeres has been bringing it up for years

It’s funny he’s been bring it up for years. Must love it. Gawd I’ve heard this Brackett story so many times.

People love to bring it up when I mention how awesome of a pick was we got Pettersson. Like who GAF, Pettersson is a Canuck. Did I ask?

Was Belarus player Klimovich a “Benning pick” doubt it. He probably listened to his scouts. Oh wait what about the Swedish players we picked. Hmm scouts might have something to do with that too 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Sekeres also reported Hughes on IV, which was proven false. He is a journalist, but his track record is very poor at this point.

I think Sekeres has been blackballed by Canucks media, so he's struggling to find relevance in this market.

So one bad report and you think that's it, he is a bad reporter?

It's a great thing you aren't in media with a following because you have no clue what you are talking about that if that were true why would Sekeres and Price get AGM Chris Gearhead and goaltending coach and scout Ian Clarke in the last month live on their show. 

What else do you want to talk nonsense about? 

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

It’s funny he’s been bring it up for years. Must love it. Gawd I’ve heard this Brackett story so many times.

People love to bring it up when I mention how awesome of a pick was we got Pettersson. Like who GAF, Pettersson is a Canuck. Did I ask?

Was Belarus player Klimovich a “Benning pick” doubt it. He probably listened to his scouts. Oh wait what about the Swedish players we picked. Hmm scouts might have something to do with that too 

Do you even know or understand how a scouting department works?

It seriously sounds like what you think an amateur scouting director does is very different then reality. 

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Do you even know or understand how a scouting department works?

It seriously sounds like what you think an amateur scouting director does is very different then reality. 

Would you prefer I said Todd Harvey makes the calls now. Or does he not get in the way of Benning because according to you and your sources “Benning hates not making the final call” 

I don’t know what happens on a “day to day” basis and I suspect you don’t either. But the GM and Amateur Scouting directer are useless without their scouts. They may as well just read mock drafts and pick from them.

How does one run a business without employees? And how does a GM have such a great track record without listening to his guys. One, two players sure. But JB probably has a dozen players under his belt during his tenure. Half of them IMPACT players. 

Nit picking BS that’s all this is. Looking for ways, different angles to convince yourself we have the wrong leader

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Would you prefer I said Todd Harvey makes the calls now. Or does he not get in the way of Benning because according to you and your sources “Benning hates not making the final call” 

I don’t know what happens on a “day to day” basis and I suspect you don’t either. But the GM and Amateur Scouting directer are useless without their scouts. They may as well just read mock drafts and pick from them.

How does one run a business without employees? And how does a GM have such a great track record without listening to his guys. One, two players sure. But JB probably has a dozen players under his belt during his tenure. Half of them IMPACT players. 

Nit picking BS that’s all this is. Looking for ways, different angles to convince yourself we have the wrong leader

Yeah it would have been easier to say no you don't know instead of two paragraphs of jibberish.

A scouting director is either the one running the drafting of players like Brackett in Minnesota currently is under Guerin and before Benning essentially sidelined him in 2019 or the GM has the final say and the scouting director puts the board together and gives their opinion on who to take where or who they should target. 

You are happy to see how a Amateur scouting director works running the draft

Here is how a scouting director works when the GM has last say

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1