The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

9 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Trade.jpg.1ccd9e46df156ac4a35a4673c038c9a4.jpg

small.png  To WSH: Max Domi, Lawson Crouse, Henrik Zetterberg, 2018 VAN 1st

small.png  To DAL: John Tavares, David Perron (both 50% retained this season)

Would like to thank @Tigs for the negotiations. Hate to see youth like Max and Lawson leave, especially after acquiring them only this past summer and even more so after only just re-signing Max. This won't be a thing and we were wary of doing it fresh off a contract extension. But we welcome John Tavares to Dallas. Getting to play along the likes of Panarin and Tarasenko. We feel we have the top line in the league. Our quest for the cup is in full swing now no question! Thanks @Master Mind as well for posting

7 hours ago, Mr.Miyagi said:

Would like to thank @Tigs for the negotiations. Hate to see youth like Max and Lawson leave, especially after acquiring them only this past summer and even more so after only just re-signing Max. This won't be a thing and we were wary of doing it fresh off a contract extension. But we welcome John Tavares to Dallas. Getting to play along the likes of Panarin and Tarasenko. We feel we have the top line in the league. Our quest for the cup is in full swing now no question! Thanks @Master Mind as well for posting

Congratulations on your new acquisition! :towel::towel::towel:

3 hours ago, Drewismyname said:

Jonathan Ericsson 9.25 fp tonight.

Solid waiver pickup. Ty Cpn.

Cost me nothing to acquire, and his waiving gave Nolan Patrick his roster spot. You are MOST welcome!

Thanks to @inane for handing Winnik over who's starting to get PP time due to their team's injury woes and blocks a ton of shots. Averaging 2.5 fpts/gm. And while we're at it Tierney who got his feet wet finally last night with a goal and apple and all of a sudden is averaging 4.75 fpts/GM. :)Great to see them playing well in place of injuries to key cogs Kesler and Fast. Hopefully they keep it going as our team is starting to find its groove. 

10 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Thanks to @inane for handing Winnik over who's starting to get PP time due to their team's injury woes and blocks a ton of shots. Averaging 2.5 fpts/gm. And while we're at it Tierney who got his feet wet finally last night with a goal and apple and all of a sudden is averaging 4.75 fpts/GM. :)Great to see them playing well in place of injuries to key cogs Kesler and Fast. Hopefully they keep it going as our team is starting to find its groove. 

Cost of winning championships :)

The Nashville Predators are open to trading away 24 year old Tomas Jurco. 

Tomas failed to make the Blackhawks roster out of camp but in his first AHL game, he's recorded 3 points (1G, 2A) and is surely going to be one of the first call ups once the injury bug hits Chicago. 

Preds are struggling out of the gate and need active players taking up roster spots. They are hoping to move Tomas as he's taking a vacant spot on the roster. GM Apollo has mentioned that under no circumstance will he waive Tomas.  

If there's any rebuilding teams or anyone with a spot to spare, Tomas is the perfect fit until he lands a regular roster spot. 

Tomas is signed for two seasons at 1.250AAV and has incredible potential. After a miserable start to the season, GM Apollo has no time to spare and would like to test the waters on Tomas. The asking price would have to be either draft pick(s) or an active roster forward. 

5 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Still think this league would be better if we capped games played (82 games x 20 skaters; + 82 games x 1 goalie). Wouldn't be so much hoarding of depth players.

There are two other trends;

> Hoarding / posturing to have playoff players.  Considering how the winner is determined, who can blame anyone?

> Wanting a first round pick to take on a contract. By teams that don't have a full line up, making no effort, not even calling up their players when they start getting games.  

I believe the second is more damaging. Pretty sure SV said they would be monitoring this, which is great.  I disagree about the 20 player rule. In other leagues, those who acquire the superstars almost need no other players. Here Mike had Ovechkin & Stamkos last year, did not make the playoffs. You have to balance your line up. It is one thing that makes this league a little more unique.  

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Here Mike had Ovechkin & Stamkos last year, did not make the playoffs. You have to balance your line up. It is one thing that makes this league a little more unique.  

Stamkos was hurt all year, and Mike was unable to find suitable depth players to fill out his lineup. The reason they are in demand is because teams hoard them, since they can cycle them in and out.

I just think that in the real NHL, you only get 1,476 (82 x 18) games out of your skaters, and 82 games for your goalies. In fact, there will be 45,756 (31 x 1,476) total man-games played for skaters in the NHL...no more, (likely) no less. So every GP that one GM gets in excess of 1,476 is one less game to go around for everyone else. SV got 1,830 GP last year (and is well on his way to doing it again), so that means 354 GP were simply not available for anyone else (and likely a lot more, since there are times when all your skaters who have games IRL can't play). It didn't matter what the other GMs did, the depth players were nowhere to be found. As a result, TEN teams last year couldn't even get 1,200 GP. That seriously skews who has the best quality hockey team, and who has simply hoarded the most quantity of talent.

What matters in hockey are the quality and productiveness of your 18 skaters and 1 (maybe 2) goalie(s) for any given game. The quality of your 24th skater only matters when you have injuries. Hence if he's productive IRL, but not useful to you, you would be more willing to trade him so that other teams will have at least a chance of filling out a whole roster. And if you have a depth guy who isn't producing, you actually have to make a decision if it is worth wasting a GP on him.

As it stands, there is virtually no chance of anyone beating SV this year, and possibly for a number of years - not because he can ice the best 18 skaters and 1 goalie, but because he has raped and pillaged rookie GMs for years, and amassed a ridiculous number of waiver ineligible players he can cycle in and out without consequence. And now that the commissioners will cancel trades that are ridiculously one-sided, good luck catching him.

...Anyways, that's just my opinion, and I happen to be a stubborn bastard. The league is a blast either way. It's just that only the playoffs really mean anything going forward.

46 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Still think this league would be better if we capped games played (82 games x 20 skaters; + 82 games x 1 goalie). Wouldn't be so much hoarding of depth players.

i think this league is good how it is . its tough enough to get 82 games per forward or defender in general . goalies also if oyu have the wrong mix of a starter and a backup

it looks different if you have 2 starters on the roster goalie wise . i like if you have prospects that you can call up and send down .. there shoul be a maximium of call up´s and assignments per week though . some gm´s send down  waiver exempt players up and every day ...thats maybe an issue

2 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

i think this league is good how it is . its tough enough to get 82 games per forward or defender in general . goalies also if oyu have the wrong mix of a starter and a backup

it looks different if you have 2 starters on the roster goalie wise . i like if you have prospects that you can call up and send down .. there shoul be a maximium of call up´s and assignments per week though . some gm´s send down  waiver exempt players up and every day ...thats maybe an issue

That could be another solution. Not sure how hard it would be to implement though.

However, as to my main point, I'm suggesting a maximum GP, not a minimum.

15 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Stamkos was hurt all year, and Mike was unable to find suitable depth players to fill out his lineup. The reason they are in demand is because teams hoard them, since they can cycle them in and out.

I just think that in the real NHL, you only get 1,476 (82 x 18) games out of your skaters, and 82 games for your goalies. In fact, there will be 45,756 (31 x 1,476) total man-games played for skaters in the NHL...no more, (likely) no less. So every GP that one GM gets in excess of 1,476 is one less game to go around for everyone else. SV got 1,830 GP last year (and is well on his way to doing it again), so that means 354 GP were simply not available for anyone else (and likely a lot more, since there are times when all your skaters who have games IRL can't play). It didn't matter what the other GMs did, the depth players were nowhere to be found. As a result, TEN teams last year couldn't even get 1,200 GP. That seriously skews who has the best quality hockey team, and who has simply hoarded the most quantity of talent.

What matters in hockey are the quality and productiveness of your 18 skaters and 1 (maybe 2) goalie(s) for any given game. The quality of your 24th skater only matters when you have injuries. Hence if he's productive IRL, but not useful to you, you would be more willing to trade him so that other teams will have at least a chance of filling out a whole roster. And if you have a depth guy who isn't producing, you actually have to make a decision if it is worth wasting a GP on him.

As it stands, there is virtually no chance of anyone beating SV this year, and possibly for a number of years - not because he can ice the best 18 skaters and 1 goalie, but because he has raped and pillaged rookie GMs for years, and amassed a ridiculous number of waiver ineligible players he can cycle in and out without consequence. And now that the commissioners will cancel trades that are ridiculously one-sided, good luck catching him.

...Anyways, that's just my opinion, and I happen to be a stubborn bastard. The league is a blast either way. It's just that only the playoffs really mean anything going forward.

I agree with and am happy that you still think the league is a blast :)

5 minutes ago, D-Money said:

That could be another solution. Not sure how hard it would be to implement though.

However, as to my main point, I'm suggesting a maximum GP, not a minimum.

there is one league on yahoo where i´m into  that have a maximum games rule per position ..it works fine ...but thats not a such complex league like this one...no minors team and you can swap players all day . in my case  ...i would not reach the maximum games in this league ATM  :lol::unsure:

16 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Still disagree. SV traded Johansen, NHL quality depth, just last week.  I can think of numerous other NHL players he's traded.  He's winning Presidents trophies by accumulating the best prospects recycling NHL depth. Guys have to be careful what they trade him.  But he did not win last year, Inane did. It only offered SV a good first round matchup.

And on any given night he only gets 1 goalie, 6 NHL D, 12 forwards. Same as the NHL. If anything more restrictively than the NHL. Here guys only get leeway to play out of position if multi registered.  Same as everybody.

15 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Yes you're right here, my bad.

But he did miss by roughly 1000 points. It was not a deal breaker.

Max call ups per week works well. I think that is what most leagues have. (Or max pickups/drops in Yahoo leagues). That way it rewards attentive, active GMs, and encourages depth. But not to an infinite degree that stifles competition. 

As mentioned though, I don't know if that plays nicely with Fantrax. And it's a tricky proposition to change rules in a way that hurts someone's roster. 

Archived