The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Puck 2017/18

Pelech (undisclosed) will return to the lineup Saturday night versus the Blues, Arthur Staple of Newsday reports.

Analysis: After missing the past four games, Pelech will return to the lineup and replace Ryan Pulock. The former only has one point this season aside from randomly dropping three assists on a hapless Coyotes team in late October.

Fantrax simply refuses to give Pelech any credibility. Makes last night's 8.25 points that much better :lol:

30 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Fantrax simply refuses to give Pelech any credibility. Makes last night's 8.25 points that much better :lol:

What's odd is that their player analysis appears to focus solely on goals and assists, despite their platform allowing multiple categories for scoring that allows players like Pelech and Mark Borowiecki to prove their value in other ways.

Stupid Fantrax.

Just now, Captain Azzy said:

What's odd is that their player analysis appears to focus solely on goals and assists, despite their platform allowing multiple categories for scoring that allows players like Pelech and Mark Borowiecki to prove their value in other ways.

Stupid Fantrax.

Occasionally I'll see them write something like "He's valuable in leagues that count hits" but I'll also often see "He is fantasy irrelevant".

The latter being a great thing to be told about your players...

33 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Occasionally I'll see them write something like "He's valuable in leagues that count hits" but I'll also often see "He is fantasy irrelevant".

The latter being a great thing to be told about your players...

Brock McGinn - Analysis: The 23-year-old winger has recorded two goals, six points and 17 shots while averaging just 11:48 of ice time through 12 games this season. Additionally, McGinn projects to remain in a bottom-six role, so there aren't many fantasy settings where he's a serviceable asset.

...Currently at 4.48 Fpts/game.

57 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Brock McGinn - Analysis: The 23-year-old winger has recorded two goals, six points and 17 shots while averaging just 11:48 of ice time through 12 games this season. Additionally, McGinn projects to remain in a bottom-six role, so there aren't many fantasy settings where he's a serviceable asset.

...Currently at 4.48 Fpts/game.

McGinn has never shown as much promise as he has the last dozen or so games. Barely cracked the roster at the start of the season.

Fantrax seems to think anybody who isn't a top-6 forward is a non-asset, lol

15 minutes ago, Baer. said:

McGinn has never shown as much promise as he has the last dozen or so games. Barely cracked the roster at the start of the season.

He was decent last year, mostly due to his and blocks. Even had one crazy week where he was one of the NHL's 3 Stars.

But yeah, Fantrax's analysis seems to be more for leagues based almost completely on offense.

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

48 minutes ago, D-Money said:

He was decent last year, mostly due to his and blocks. Even had one crazy week where he was one of the NHL's 3 Stars.

But yeah, Fantrax's analysis seems to be more for leagues based almost completely on offense.

We must be one of very few leagues on fantrax to use hits and blocks.

Or they try to cater to the "average" league like nhl.com does. 12 teams, only points, +/-, and PIMS as categories.

Just now, Master Mind said:

We must be one of very few leagues on fantrax to use hits and blocks.

Or they try to cater to the "average" league like nhl.com does. 12 teams, only points, +/-, and PIMS as categories.

I think standard is Points, PP Points, Shots, Plus Minus, Wins, Shutouts, Sv%. A lost of ranking lists seem to be tailored for that.

"Banger Leagues" usually have that setup plus Hits, Blocks, PIMS. Which I am probably most used to. 

Ours is definitely an unusual setup, so it definitely doesn't surprise me that not much is tailored for us. Almost a banger league, but without points for shots, power play points or SV% (and PIMS replaced by fights only). We are more bangey than the bangerest of banger leagues. All hail the truculence! 

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

Nobody wants those guys...just like Barzal. :P

Gawdin is the latest in the line of Dane Foxes, that's why the line is smashing the kids they're playing.

1 hour ago, Captain Azzy said:

Okay GMs, someone is in for a spanking...

@Master Mind / @thejazz97 / @somethingvery

WHY DO I HAVE A CAP HIT OF $350K FOR A PLAYER I DON'T EVEN OWN (Jason Garrison)

If no-one owns up I'm going to transfer the player on SV's main roster with the closest cap hit to $350k (Gemel Smith) to my roster, as punishment.

Sheesh,  that's weird! That would have been me (accidentally) putting that in instead of for the Flyers for some reason when he was waived (must have thought of the RL Golden Knights putting Garrison on waivers). 

Fixed now, I hope it didn't impact you Cap'n?

7 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Heponiemi. Guy is unreal. 

Boom or bust. Tearing up junior because of his speed and his above average play making skills. He's 146 lbs right now and needs to find a way to bulk up with out losing that speed to be effective at the next level. 

Archived