The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

London attack at Parsons Green station eyed as 'terrorist incident,' police say

Ryan Strome

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

makes sense. People want to get the hell out of that dump.

Almost 4000 listings in the city of Calgary

Seems like people are fleeing the  tractor pull / chewing tobacco capital of Canada.

Calgary Real Estate | 3,899 Houses for Sale in Calgary - Point2 Homes

48 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yeah it was garbage, when an Alberta boy was feeling a bit homesick needed a nice steak, every thing came up extremely disappointing.  

Lol goes to foreign country, can't find food from home, calls place a dump. 

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Citizens can not let terror win by worrying about the odds of an isolated attack.  

Just keep living our lives is our best response.

Better chance of being a victim of violence in any American  / Canadian major city in comparison to any European city.

The tourist areas may be subject to the infrequent terror attacks which you bravely downplay, but it's the growing cancer of the no go zones that are the real European problem.

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I was in NIce , France  also for 9 days...  

Felt  100 times  safer in Nice than i do in Vancouver East Side

Just spent 3 weeks in Italy and France.  Was worried more about pick pockets and scammers than terrorists

2 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

The tourist areas are subject to the infrequent terror attacks which you bravely downplay, but it's the growing cancer of the no go zones that are the real problem.

I am still laughing at your no go zones....

The marais in paris is super safe and just the best spot to spend a day or evening.....

You are just another scaredy -cat.     

People need to carry on living their lives as always. We can not let terrorists win. 

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

sorry I wiki'd it, read it as 383 not 323.  My mistake.  So less than half the overall population of the entire European continent...yet Europe is a disaster :P

Beg for forgiveness!! :lol:   We have nearly as many guns as we do people.  Killing someone is pretty much a "point and click" affair.  Give Europe hundreds of millions of guns and they'll get their killin' goin' on...

Also, if you want an up to the day population count of places in the world, use the world-o-meter:  Here's the North America link:

http://www.worldometers.info/population/countries-in-northern-america-by-population/

1 U.S. 326,474,013 0.73 % 2,355,226 36 9,144,930 1,001,577 1.89 38 82.1 % 4.3 %
2 Canada 36,626,083 0.94 % 339,705 4 9,156,521 235,173 1.61 41 81.1 % 0.5 %

29 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I am still laughing at your no go zones....

The marais in paris is super safe and just the best spot to spend a day or evening.....

You are just another scaredy -cat.     

People need to carry on living their lives as always. We can not let terrorists win. 

why? It's pretty disturbing in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

By the numbers the US is almost 14 times more dangerous for a violent attack than the entire european continent.  These are numbers that do not lie.

Yet here you are...ignoring facts.  Claiming it's europe that is a problem and in danger, not using that specific word to describe which group you're talking about.

If I had to trust myself in either area of the world I can safely say by the numbers alone the US is a damned site more scary

Numbers don't always tell the story, plus data can be manipulated to prove a point.

7 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

People giving in to terrorists and living in fear is much more disturbing in my opinion. 

Who are these people. You keep saying this but who are these people?

You don't find it disturbing that France, Germany, Sweden, etc have no go zones for people that were born in those Countries?

It's kinda racist don't you think?

Archived