The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

Related image

According to an inside source, the Columbus Blue Jackets have made a move to acquire an elite forward to bolster their lineup for the playoffs. It is unknown who is leaving Columbus but it is believed to be a hockey trade and not one that pillages their picks and prospects. More to come as more information becomes available. GM Winterhawks is not finished, and is looking to move non-playoff players for players on contending teams. Players in that group and likely to be moved are Radko Gudas, Brendan Smith, and Ondrej Pavalec. Tyson Barrie and Miles Wood are also in that category but are less likely to be moved because of their long-term value to the organisation. With the trade deadline quickly approaching, Winterhawks is expected to be very active trying to put together the best possible line-up for the playoffs. The competitiveness for playoff spots in both conferences in the NHL this year has made it challenging to evaluate who are contenders and who are pretenders. It will likely cause GM's to gamble on teams they believe are capable of staying in a playoff spot but nothing will be certain.

Trade Deadline Availability

Tampa is looking at the option of selling off some playoff assets for future assets. Players available include:

Trevor Lewis

Lars Eller

Blake Comeau

Scottie Upshall

Kyle Brodziak

Ian Cole

Darcy Kuemper

Players who will have a bigger price tag and pickier negotiations

Alexander Barkov

Ryan McDonagh (playoff teams LNTC)

Travis Hamonic

We will be looking out for our future. Obviously we are in a good spot, so not in a rush to demolish the team. But if a playoff team really wants to make a run, we have the pieces!

The Canucks are looking for some grinders to bulk out our fourth line for our push to get closer to the playoffs. Basically need a low cost forward that can bring in some points for us for half a year. 

: )

You know who you want to ship out, so this seems the best way to get him shipped here to us. lol

Stepping down.

I thank @Nail for bringing me in, and have enjoyed my trade negotiations with pretty much everyone in this league. Unfortunately one apple can spoil the bunch, especially when they have control over so much in the league, and I play fantasy hockey for fun, not frustration. I hope the next gm has more patience "negotiating" with a wall than I do. I'm not emotionally attached enough to deal with the BS.

1 hour ago, canucklax said:

Stepping down.

I thank @Nail for bringing me in, and have enjoyed my trade negotiations with pretty much everyone in this league. Unfortunately one apple can spoil the bunch, especially when they have control over so much in the league, and I play fantasy hockey for fun, not frustration. I hope the next gm has more patience "negotiating" with a wall than I do. I'm not emotionally attached enough to deal with the BS.

Damn man.........

3 hours ago, canucklax said:

Stepping down.

:(

19 hours ago, canucklax said:

Stepping down.

Thank you for your contributions to the league, best of luck in the future.

Archived