The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

After looking over the roster and where the team is in the standings, the Islanders will look to add some pieces this year, but are not going to sell the farm in order to do so in hope of 1 Cup run. Any move to add will have to be at a reasonable price and with a likelihood that it still helps us next year and even the year beyond. I have to thank @oldnews for leaving behind a team that is balanced in its ability to compete now and in the future, with no glaring roster needs. It's a well-crafted team and I'm not using to nice things so this is uncharted territory for me to jump in with a competitive team. Given our stance to look to build a sustainable winning team, we wont look to jettison-off any roster players, but can also see moving people if it makes sense.

Team Availability/Goals:

-One particular point is we would like to move 1 or more of Giordano, Backlund, and Brodie as having 3 players on the same fringe playoff team is a bad bet for us. Similar roster players in return would be preferable but picks/prospects could work too.

-Untouchable prospects: Thatcher Demko, Ilya Samsonov, Troy Terry. Incredibly hard to acquire: Lias Andersson, Jack Roslovic. Hard to acquire: Anthony Beauvillier, Tage Thompson, Trent Frederic, Brendan Guhle, Erik Foley

-Any prospect not named above is available to be used in deals for depth roster players, or traded for picks in the 2018 or 2019 draft as I'd rather build my own prospect pool

-Feel free to send trade offers or ideas, but I'm not looking to rush to make a deal and as a new GM Nail has to overlook and approve my deals which could add additional time to complete a deal. Plenty of time till trade deadline though

Finally, the Islanders are proud to announce that effective immediately, their AHL affiliate is now the Halifax Highlanders!

sticker,220x200-pad,220x200,ffffff.u2.jp

On 21/01/2018 at 9:13 PM, Tylez said:

Eller - 145 fpts, Mid 6 player on the Caps. 

Comeau - 126 fpts, bot 6 on surprising Avs team. 

Upshall - 115 fpts, bot 6 on strong St.Louis team.

Cole - 74fpts, top 4/6 on Pit. Likley to be dealt at rl deadline to better playoff contender

McDonagh - 163 fpts, top pairing on NYR. LNTC

Kuemper - Very solid back up option

McKenzie - Solid younger guy. Has played well in his call ups.

Zuccarello - 203 fpts. Top 6 with NYR

Lewis - Mid 6 guy on affordable contract, having great year.

With Lax moving on, our plan remains the same. The players above are still guys we will look to wheel and deal to improve our playoff chances. Our 1st and 2nd round picks have come up in discussion as well. As well as Alex Barkov, though he will take an overpayment if I'm being honest. 

CALGARY FLAMES PLAYER AVAILABILITY

Dylan Larkin - Willing to discuss pieces, but looking to move

Wayne Simmonds - Willing to engage in talks if the right player/package is offered up

Dominic Moore - 5th Round Pick

Derek Grant - 3rd Round Pick or multiple late round picks

Paul Carey - 4th Round Pick or multiple late round picks

Markus Hannikanien - 3rd Round Pick or multiple late round picks

Frederick Gaudreau - 3rd Round Pick or multiple late round picks

Marco Scandella - Willing to discuss for roster players, picks or combination of both

Matt Irwin - 5th Round pick

Justin Falk - 5th Round Pick

Carey Price - Will discuss if interested

Kari Lehtonen - Willing to retain, if interested in a starter once Bishop is hurt in playoffs ;)

-

We realize we currently sit third in our division and 13th in the league, but we are not fond of our playoff chances this season with huge pieces like McDavid/Price along with other role players not looking like they will see the playoffs and with Gostisbehere/Simmonds/Zibanejad/Buchnevich on the bubble of making it or not. It's clear the cards did not fold in our favour this season, and we are being realistic with our seasonal approach. Judging by the looks of even just our division rivals rosters, the odds would be slim if things stay as is in regards to the playoffs so we are not going to sacrifice future assets to try an achieve something that would take massive luck.

The players above are the most available, with an asterisk besides Simmonds as we aren't pushing to move him at all.

-

UNTOUCHABLE ROSTER PLAYERS

Connor McDavid

Mika Zibanejad

Pavel Buchnevich

Bo Horvat

Jake Guentzel

Shayne Gostisbehere

Roman Josi

-

UNTOUCHABLE PROSPECTS

All unsigned prospects

All ELC Slide prospects

6 hours ago, Tony Romo said:

Now I’m in the minority’s here, but jack eichel is a generation player?? What’s wrong with over paying him?

Also I never like to see trades getting vetoed, why punish a good gm who wins a trade?

Is he generational? He's very good, but...

There are 19 forwards with more fantasy points than him, he's not a playoff player, and he needs a new contract. All things to consider. 

But if you think Eichel and the Sabres are going to get better, @theminister has made clear he's available. And if you think that package wasn't unreasonable, then there is a decent chance you can land him.

057E08A5-BE45-4650-8884-6EF907DDB7C9.jpeg

OTB (This will never end)

Brian Elliott: Been on and off talks over the last few months. 227 pool points.

Justin Williams: $2.5M cap hit with 202 pool points. Has a 10 team no-trade list. 

Patrick Marleau: 156 pool points. $3.75M cap hit.

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To CAR: Dmitry Kulikov, 2018 LAK 1st

To ANA: Joseph Woll, Axel Holmstrom, Kyle Wood

Thanks to MM for processing and @gmen81 for pleasant negotiations.

After trading away Gardiner and Yandle (both 23 min+ defensemen), needed to find a defenseman to fill the hole on my second pairing. Kulikov has been averaging 17:02 of ice time this season, so he fits in nicely. And while only 86 pool points, I’m hoping he can pitch in a few points here and there come playoff time. Very, very likely that 1st round pick is going to be in the 26-31 range, so we’ll see what that pick ends up being.

Saying goodbye to my prospects was not easy. Spent an early 2nd, mid 2nd, and a mid 3rd on Woll, Holmstrom, and Wood. Due to my prospects coming up next year and the year after (Thomas, Tufte, Johnsson, Volkov), Holmstrom wasn’t going to push for a spot above them.

Woll and Wood are tough to swallow, especially Woll. But with Hill, UPL, Stolarz, Nalimov, and Vejmelka, pretty confident in my goalies.

3 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

I liked Oldie a lot but yeah, i came late to the party and replied to a trade proposal that was too good to be true, but after he retired from our league...upon reading back and talking to him he was not acting in his teams best interests there. Hopefully he finds peace of mind and may find his way back eventually. LIke I said, i like the guy, I think it was a short term disgruntlement, but what do i know. 

I've refrained from commenting in this thread P.O. or from engaging in a protracted 'discussion' of the matters - so I don't appreciate you misrepresenting the contents of a private message like this.

On 1/29/2018 at 11:54 AM, oldnews said:

Hey PO

I've decided to move Brady Skjei.  Open to others as well.

Let me know if you're interested.

I'll be out today but available tonight to work on a deal.

on

That is your "too good to be true" proposal - in it's entirety.

You're dead wrong about a "short term disgruntlement" as well - but that's all I'm going to bother to say here.

Let's not sling mud, @oldnews. What's done is done. Let's just say you built up a great team here in a relatively short time (especially considering what you started with). Until whatever happened recently, the league benefited for having you in it.

I've been around long enough to know that @Nail is extremely fair and reasonable. And if he went to the extreme of firing a veteran GM, I have full trust that it was for good reasons.

As for the rest of us, I (very) recently had a trade denied for the integrity of the league, and although it sucked (for purely selfish reasons), he was right. It's nice to win trades, but that is generally something that reveals itself over time...it shouldn't be so obviously apparent from the moment the trade is made. It's better for the whole league for him to step in when a GM is making a poor judgement call (for whatever reason), especially if the beneficiary is already one of the stronger teams in the league.

Archived