The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

45 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To EDM: Alexander Barkov, Darcy Kuemper, Andre Burakovsky, Dominic Turgeon, 2018 Pit 3rd

To TBL: Connor Hellebuyck, Marcus Foligno

Thanks to Tylez for the deal. It took my some negotiation but I believe this is a fair deal that benefits both parties.

Moving Connor was difficult, and he has been our goalie of the future, but his time is now. We committed to Pekka Rinne when we brought him in. Fair is fair.

We are extremely happy to have added Barkov and Burakovsky to our line-up into the future.

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

To LAK: Devan Dubnyk

To TBL: Corey Crawford

Thanks to @Tylez for the negotiations.

Not sure I do this deal if Crawford hadn't been hurt, but it helps me compete for 1st, and possibly gives me a playoff starter. Whereas Tylez gets a #1G without a trade clause. 

Kings send down Korpisalo to make room. @Nail

To EDM: Alexander Barkov, Darcy Kuemper, Andre Burakovsky, Dominic Turgeon, 2018 Pit 3rd

To TBL: Connor Hellebuyck, Marcus Foligno

Well, Busy day to say the least here in Tampa Bay. Thanks to @theminister for a good negotiation. Will admit that this deal does sting a little bit. To lose 2 great players in Andre and Alex, defs put a dent in to our forward group. But to acquire a goalie of the future who is really having a break out season.... I have always been a personal fan of Connor so to acquire him I was willing to pay a bit of a price. We also welcome Marcus to the fold. He is a great mid 6 player who plays with some pop, while also chipping in where he can!

To LAK: Devan Dubnyk

To TBL: Corey Crawford

Thanks to @D-Money for these negotiations as well. With acquiring Connor, that unfortunately meant the end of an era in Tampa for Devan Dubnyk. We wish him all the best in LA. unfortunately our hands were tied with the teams we were able to deal him to. So we are happy to have gotten a similar goalie back in return. We hope for a speedy recovery for Corey and maybe we can see him in a Lightnign jersey soon.

Thanks to MM for processing

With these moves....

Recall: Tampa recalls Alex Lyon and Nikita Scherbak

@Nail

On 2/3/2018 at 12:01 PM, Tylez said:

Trade Deadline Availability

Trevor Lewis

Lars Eller

Blake Comeau

Scottie Upshall

Kyle Brodziak

Ian Cole

Marcus Foligno

Corey Crawford

Ryan McDonagh (playoff teams LNTC)

Travis Hamonic

With the recent deals in Tampa, We are going to be actively shopping our 2018 1st & 2018 NJD 2nd rd draft picks. We will not be looking to package them together, but try to make a couple deals to acquire a couple top 6 players. We have gained some flexibility with our new found cap space and may look to take in some cap from other teams. But ideally the goal is to acquire some top 6 talent. Players listed above can also be included in those talks. Players do not necessarily have to be on a playoff team, but would be more preferred 

Also Tampa will be shopping Corey Crawford & Marcus Foligno. Inquire within

nyi.png

Thank you @Nail for showing confidence in me and facilitating my hiring into what is arguably one of the toughest Leagues going. 

The Islanders have been built into a very solid organization from top to bottom and @oldnews can take credit for the Islanders strong performance on the ice as in the top 10 in the Standings as we speak and as well as at the draft table with quality prospects at every position. The bar has been set with the exception of a brief "lax" in management shall we say and we look forward to providing a secure stable management style here while we continue the pre-previous regimes' work here building a contender.

Again, thank you @Nail for the opportunity, I look forward to re-connnecting and discussing with my fellow GMs moving forward.

While still evaluating the talent in the organization, our plan is to be active in making moves to further the cause here and any GM is encouraged to reach out should any assets be of interest.

Mike Vanderhoek, GM - New York Islanders.

Welcome MVP, errr MVH to the CFL (in this alternate universe I was in teh Stanley Cup Finals  **was it last year!?)

yup had to double check but it was less than a year ago I lost the SCF 34-38 to the Columbus Blue Jackets. We will work our butts off to get back in the playoffs again this year, cuz once your in it is a whole new season!

3 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

nyi.png

Thank you @Nail for showing confidence in me and facilitating my hiring into what is arguably one of the toughest Leagues going. 

The Islanders have been built into a very solid organization from top to bottom and @oldnews can take credit for the Islanders strong performance on the ice as in the top 10 in the Standings as we speak and as well as at the draft table with quality prospects at every position. The bar has been set with the exception of a brief "lax" in management shall we say and we look forward to providing a secure stable management style here while we continue the pre-previous regimes' work here building a contender.

Again, thank you @Nail for the opportunity, I look forward to re-connnecting and discussing with my fellow GMs moving forward.

While still evaluating the talent in the organization, our plan is to be active in making moves to further the cause here and any GM is encouraged to reach out should any assets be of interest.

Mike Vanderhoek, GM - New York Islanders.

Don't want to interlope in here too much without welcome, but it's nice to see the team land in your hands Mike V. 

A great result imo.

Best of luck - you're one helluva boss.

As we head into the final stretch of the season, I'll slowly start releasing the pending free agent spreadsheets.

The UFA's and RFA's will be done after the trade deadline.

First up, is the Unsigned Prospects. These players must be signed before June 1st or will either re-enter the draft or become UFA's (see OP for more details). For teams waiting to get their prospects contracts to start next season as opposed to this, send in offers to @Monty any time after the trade deadline.

Anyway, here's the link! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MOXWsS3ow_0BGtP5AKpCS4baLQcbxJxiQsWvRur9kI0/edit#gid=17032066

3C54FE18-9F50-4583-B65C-4543C3440CCE.jpeg

OTB Update:

Brian Elliott talks have cooled off. Unsure he’ll find a new home before the trade deadline. Remains available.

Riley Tufte is available for a forward, defensive, or even goalie prospect of similar age and pedigree. Already have Dallas representation in Radek Faksa, so he’s available.

2 hours ago, Monty said:

10A52AAD-B49A-42F1-B764-4F5DECDC9C35.jpeg

The New York Islanders have signed Tage Thompson to a 3 year ELC, worth $2.775M ($925k AAV).

@Mike Vanderhoek

@Nail

nyi.png The New York islanders are thrilled to " finally " have young promising forward Tage Thompson under contract. We'd like to thank his representation @Monty for a swift and fair negotiation.

Archived