The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Potential Canuck Milestones for the 2017-18 season

-AJ-

I was thinking about this coming season and the milestones that players could potentially hit this year. We all know that Daniel is approaching 1000 points, but I decided to take a closer look at the milestones our Canucks could be making this year. What I've noted the most is how close Edler is to becoming the Top point producer among defensemen in Canucks history. I have a feeling this is sneaking up on folks and if Edler has any sort of an offensive improvement, it's very possible he'll hit that mark by the end of this season, putting him ahead of Ohlund. I also enjoy keeping tabs on where Hank is on the all-time assists ladder, and he has a decent shot at breaking the top 30 all-time this year, which would be a neat achievement. Do any potential milestones stick out to you?

The full list I compiled is below:

• Henrik Sedin
    • 1300 games (52 games)
    • 800 assists (17 assists)
    • Top 30 All-Time in assists (29 assists)

• Daniel Sedin
    • 1000 points (14 points)
    • 1300 games (75 games)
    • 400 goals (30 goals)

• Bo Horvat
    • Top 50 All-Time Canucks in Points (46 points)
    • 300 games (69 games)
    • 100 assists (32 assists)

• Alex Edler
    • Most points of any Canuck defenseman (25 points)
    • 700 games (12 games)
    • 2nd most goals of any Canuck defenseman (5 goals)
    • 2nd most assists of any Canuck defenseman (20 assists)
    • Most power play points of any Canuck defenseman (5 power play points)

• Chris Tanev
    • 400 games (52 games)

• Ben Hutton
    • 200 games (54 games)

• Sven Baertschi
    • 100 points (7 points)

• Derek Dorsett
    • 500 games (5 games)

• Brandon Sutter
    • 600 games (4 games)

• Markus Granlund
    • 200 games (29 games)
    • 100 points (37 points)

• Loui Eriksson
    • 800 games (10 games)

• Alexander Burmistrov
    • 400 games (76 games)
    • 100 points (5 points)

• Sam Gagner
    • 700 games (4 games)

• Thomas Vanek
    • 900 games (15 games)
    • 700 points (3 points)

• Michael Del Zotto
    • 500 games (16 games)
    • 200 points (11 points)

• Erik Gudbranson
    • 400 games (61 games)

• Jacob Markstrom
    • Top 10 wins of any Canuck (11 wins)

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:
  • Bo Horvat
    • Top 50 All-Time Canucks in Points (46 points)
    •  

I was thinking how sad is it that 163 points puts a player top 50 for the franchise. So I checked Buffalo (joined the same year as us) and 177 points takes the 50th spot. Not a big difference.

Btw, thanks for compiling the list.

Thumbsup.gif

5 hours ago, danjr said:

Wow can't believe the stats Edler has piled up.  Maybe one day we will have a superstar Dman who will knock off all those records.

Doesn't surprise me much - people seem to forget how good Edler was in his prime years. Once he started to have back issues and such his game fell off pretty hard, but he was fun (albeit frustrating at times) to watch a handful of years ago.

10 hours ago, Davathor said:

Edler couldn't polish Ohlunds skates

That's a flat out garbage comment. There's no need to put down a 12 year veteran on our team. If you want to go ahead and compliment Ohly why would you need to bring down Edler? Alex has given a lot for this organization and like Ohlund he was drafted and developed by us. Mattias played 11 season here and Alex is entering his 12th year. Have some respect.

When all's said and done they are both in the top 10 Canucks D-man of all time and neither one should have to "polish" anyone's skates... 

Here's to hoping Alex hits 30+ points and surpasses Ohlund this year. 

If you anyone hate's Edler, it's not because of his play on the ice. It's clearly because you are jealous of his hair :lol:

tumblr_nglqvbV9Hc1qbx3o0o4_250

He's been here THIS long... he was around for the Bulis era and I think that's Tommi Santala? lollll

Image result for alex edler childrens hospital

19 minutes ago, apollo said:

That's a flat out garbage comment. There's no need to put down a 12 year veteran on our team. If you want to go ahead and compliment Ohly why would you need to bring down Edler? Alex has given a lot for this organization and like Ohlund he was drafted and developed by us. Mattias played 11 season here and Alex is entering his 12th year. Have some respect.

When all's said and done they are both in the top 10 Canucks D-man of all time and neither one should have to "polish" anyone's skates... 

Here's to hoping Alex hits 30+ points and surpasses Ohlund this year. 

If you anyone hate's Edler, it's not because of his play on the ice. It's clearly because you are jealous of his hair :lol:

tumblr_nglqvbV9Hc1qbx3o0o4_250

He's been here THIS long... he was around for the Bulis era and I think that's Tommi Santala? lollll

Image result for alex edler childrens hospital

No. 

Ohlund played with heart and grit, if Edler played with half the heart Ohly did I would be the first to cheer. Hell, I'll take it back if he stands up for a teammate for the first time in 12 seasons. Until then they shouldn't be in the same conversation.

And I don't need a reminder of how long he's played here - 12 seasons seems pretty accurate for how long I've been screaming at my TV for all the inconsistent play, bonehead giveaways and Eriksson-esque lack of emotion on the ice. 

Keep waving your Edler flag, I think the past has painted a much rosier picture than reality ever could. 

Archived