The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I really don't. (It's not just a proposal)

Peter Campbell

I don't even know how to start this.

I've been a fan of the canucks since the 94 series.

I'm 26.

One of my first memories, is Bure in the 94 series.

I was too young to fully remember the brutal late 90's years.

I loved the West Coast Express. I loved Jovo Cop

The series with Colorado, where we matched them until the end. Even thought we lost.

Loving Cloutier, hearing Lidstroms goal from center ice(on the radio). and still loving Cloutier.

Playing hockey in the park with Nazzy and Ohly.

Then:

Bertuzzi hitting Steve Moore.

Being a young kid, and asking my dad, does this happen every night in the nhl, and him being borderline speechless.

Not being able to rationalize what happened as a man in his 50s. 

Still loving the reassembly of the WCE, then when the trade was made for Luongo, already knowing about him, what he was doing, and being beyond stoked even though I still loved Bert.

Seeing the Sedins become two of the best players in the league.

Watching Kesler go above and beyond his potential, to become one of the best matchup centers in the game.
Seeing Burrows score that hattrick and, show the most heart of any Canuck since Linden apart from Rypien.
Falling in love with the way Bieksa played the game, and the way he carried himself in every aspect with his life.

Hansen being that guy, and Edler doing everything above and beyond, and never getting the respect around the league he deserved.

Lu being the 1st or 2nd goaltender in the league for at least half a decade (Brodeur) 

But,

We are in a different era now. 

The Sedins in their current role are anchors

Edler never developed into the player he could be.

And Vanak was the ultimate money ball signing that had crapped out.

We are four games into the season currently, and these are my observations:

The Sedins are no longer first line players or deserve first unit pp time.

Vanek, is a plug that will score a few goals in short time, but will not help this team grow 5 vs 5 over time.

Edler even injured is a shadow of his former potential, and if we can get something real back for him we could jump at that chance. 

I am beyond frustrated with the Sedins as our first PP unit. Beyond frustrated with the fact Suter is wearing the A and Horvat is not.

Beyond frustrated with the fact, we played a "skill player" (Vanek) over a "physical player" (Virtanen) tonight against one of the toughest teams in our division/ 

And,

There is one move that could change the progression of this franchise.

From The Colorado Avalanche to The Vancouver Canucks

Gabriel Landeskog

From The Vancouver Canucks to The Colorado Avalanche

Sven Baerschi

Erik Gubrandson

2nd round pick 2018 

Jordan Subban

Landeskog address everything we are lacking in our top six.

He will be a stalwart of this forward group for a long time.

And our lineup needs an overhaul.

Horvat and Boeser play with a tenacity Landeskog fills the vortex we have been searching for on or left wing.

Landeskog Horvat Boeser

Granlund is the injecting of youth, technical ability, toughness and speed, that has been lacking with the Sedin's since last year ;) 

Sedin Sedin Granlund

After tonight;

Burmistrov, Sutter and Dorsett have the potential to be one of the best most physical matchup/shutdown lines in the league 

Burmistrov Sutter Dorsett

If Erikkson comes back soon, he Virty and Gagner had an astounding amount of chemistry. If he doesn't you could plug in a lot of kids to play there. Even Vanek.

Erikkson Gagner Virtanen.

On defence, its very obvious Tanev is our best player he should be on the ice close to half the time.

Hutton is a make it or break it defense man who would benefit from playing beside one of the steadiest guys in the league.

Hutton Tanev

Del Zotto and Stetcher have the potential to become one of the dirtiest pairings in the league.

Del Zotto and Stech

Chatfield is a steady presence who is tuff. Pairing him with a loose cannon in Pouliet can be money or it could burn us, until Edler gets back.

Pouliet Chatfield

So the Probable lineup would be:

Landeskog Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Erikkson/Anyone/Vanak Gagner Virtanen

Hutton Tanev

Del Zotto Stetcher

Pouliet Chatfield

Markstrom

Nilson

The chips we could play with are:

The Sedins, Edler and Vanek

I know many people are gonna say, the Sedins are untradeable, the only word I have for you is:

Gretzky.

Those pieces would definitely warrant us 2 first round picks ++++

I just want to say, if you a true Nucks fan and are here for the long fall, I appreciate you, I am frustrated as heck ;) with the current team and possibly the current ownership (boat is still out)

I want to see us competitive and that doesn't come from spending 20 million (give or take) on 4 players.

Its's all love, and as always GCG!!!!!

PPS: I'm 6 beers deep, excuse the typos, and thank you for reading to the end :towel:

1 minute ago, Peter Campbell said:

One of my first memories is of Bure scoring a goal in that series.

Go home kid.

Sure when you were 2 years old you remember Bure scoring. LOL.

Nice try, trying to include yourself as part of the 1994 magic, but no one is buying it. Your "memories" of bure scoring are probably from watching the video clips of it later on, but you've convinced yourself you actually witnessed it as a 2 year old live AND you remember it.

Just now, DonaldBrashear said:

Sure when you were 2 years old you remember Bure scoring. LOL.

Nice try, trying to include yourself as part of the 1994 magic, but no one is buying it. Your "memories" of bure scoring are probably from watching the video clips of it later on, but you've convinced yourself you actually witnessed it as a 2 year old live.

I love how you changed it from 3 years old to two! Good job babe.
Are you as good at changing history as my ex girlfriend?:towel:

PS: In this case Assume just makes and ass out of you :)

The gretzky trade wasn't just a trade. It was a pr move for the league. Money was involved lol, not just players. And it was a different time.

Id bet my left *** that the Sedins are retiring in Vancouver.

And you see their on ice product. U think they are worth 2 first rounders???

Dream on

10 minutes ago, Peter Campbell said:

I don't even know how to start this.

I've been a fan of the canucks since the 94 series.

I'm 26.

One of my first memories, is Bure in the 94 series.

I was too young to fully remember the brutal late 90's years.

I loved the West Coast Express. I loved Jovo Cop

The series with Colorado, where we matched them until the end. Even thought we lost.

Loving Cloutier, hearing Lidstroms goal from center ice(on the radio). and still loving Cloutier.

Playing hockey in the park with Nazzy and Ohly.

Then:

Bertuzzi hitting Steve Moore.

Being a young kid, and asking my dad, does this happen every night in the nhl, and him being borderline speechless.

Not being able to rationalize what happened as a man in his 50s. 

Still loving the reassembly of the WCE, then when the trade was made for Luongo, already knowing about him, what he was doing, and being beyond stoked even though I still loved Bert.

Seeing the Sedins become two of the best players in the league.

Watching Kesler go above and beyond his potential, to become one of the best matchup centers in the game.
Seeing Burrows score that hattrick and, show the most heart of any Canuck since Linden apart from Rypien.
Falling in love with the way Bieksa played the game, and the way he carried himself in every aspect with his life.

Hansen being that guy, and Edler doing everything above and beyond, and never getting the respect around the league he deserved.

Lu being the 1st or 2nd goaltender in the league for at least half a decade (Brodeur) 

But,

We are in a different era now. 

The Sedins in their current role are anchors

Edler never developed into the player he could be.

And Vanak was the ultimate money ball signing that had crapped out.

We are four games into the season currently, and these are my observations:

The Sedins are no longer first line players or deserve first unit pp time.

Vanek, is a plug that will score a few goals in short time, but will not help this team grow 5 vs 5 over time.

Edler even injured is a shadow of his former potential, and if we can get something real back for him we could jump at that chance. 

I am beyond frustrated with the Sedins as our first PP unit. Beyond frustrated with the fact Suter is wearing the A and Horvat is not.

Beyond frustrated with the fact, we played a "skill player" (Vanek) over a "physical player" (Virtanen) tonight against one of the toughest teams in our division/ 

And,

There is one move that could change the progression of this franchise.

From The Colorado Avalanche to The Vancouver Canucks

Gabriel Landeskog

From The Vancouver Canucks to The Colorado Avalanche

Sven Baerschi

Erik Gubrandson

2nd round pick 2018 

Jordan Subban

Landeskog address everything we are lacking in our top six.

He will be a stalwart of this forward group for a long time.

And our lineup needs an overhaul.

Horvat and Boeser play with a tenacity Landeskog fills the vortex we have been searching for on or left wing.

Landeskog Horvat Boeser

Granlund is the injecting of youth, technical ability, toughness and speed, that has been lacking with the Sedin's since last year ;) 

Sedin Sedin Granlund

After tonight;

Burmistrov, Sutter and Dorsett have the potential to be one of the best most physical matchup/shutdown lines in the league 

If Erikkson comes back soon, he Virty and Gagner had an astounding amount of chemistry. If he doesn't you could plug in a lot of kids to play there. Even Vanek.

Erikkson Gagner Virtanen.

On defence, its very obvious Tanev is our best player he should be on the ice close to half the time.

Hutton is a make it or break it defense man who would benefit from playing beside one of the steadiest guys in the league.

Hutton Tanev

Del Zotto and Stetcher have the potential to become one of the dirtiest pairings in the league.

Del Zotto and Stech

Chatfield is a steady presence who is tuff. Pairing him with a loose cannon in Pouliet can be money or it could burn us, until Edler gets back.

Pouliet Chatfield

So the Probable lineup would be:

Landeskog Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Erikkson/Anyone/Vanak Gagner Virtanen

Hutton Tanev

Del Zotto Stetcher

Pouliet Chatfield

Markstrom

Nilson

The chips we could play with are:

The Sedins, Edler and Vanek

I know many people are gonna say, the Sedins are untradeable, the only word I have for you is:

Gretzky.

Those pieces would definitely warrant us 2 first round picks ++++

I just want to say, if you a true Nucks fan and are here for the long fall, I appreciate you, I am frustrated as heck ;) with the current team and possibly the current ownership (boat is still out)

I want to see us competitive and that doesn't come from spending 20 million (give or take) on 4 players.

Its's all love, and as always GCG!!!!!

PPS: I'm 6 beers deep, excuse the typos, and thank you for reading to the end :towel:

100% agree and have been saying the same for 3 years now...in regards to the Sedins.

Just now, Peter Campbell said:

I love how you changed it from 3 years old to two! Good job babe.
Are you as good at changing history as my ex girlfriend?:towel:

PS: In this case Assume just makes and ass out of you :)

NDP are in power now, and they are starting up a separate Ministry of Mental Health, so I am hopeful you'll get the help you deserve. Lots of rehab programs being publicly funded. God bless.

2 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

The gretzky trade wasn't just a trade. It was a pr move for the league. Money was involved lol, not just players. And it was a different time.

Id bet my left *** that the Sedins are retiring in Vancouver.

And you see their on ice product. U think they are worth 2 first rounders???

Dream on

I think the pieces I listed are worth at least that..

Just now, DonaldBrashear said:

You don't even know who Pavel is, you're too young to remember, stop pretending.

LOL

According to you I have mental health issues?

And even if I do, that's a bad thing?

And you can ascertain that from a few posts on a forum??

I mentioned Pavel Bure once, in the op, you brought that up, so I responded.

If you were the real DB, maybe McSorley should have taken one more shot :)

Archived