The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks VS. San Jose Sharks, Nov 11, 2017

KyoNami

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

He'll be gifted some pp time and the apologists will say I toldaso

This flies in the face of internal competition. Benning did jump the gun on this contract. He got nervous and when Lucic decided to join the Oilers, Benning went for the next shiniest prize. Eriksson should have never been signed. 

Eriksson just has to bring it every shift...and see where the chips fall...

Jake sitting a game once in awhile is a good thing...I don't think he had a hit last game and is doing what Horvat does when Eriksson plays with him...trying to feed the Sedins the puck even at the expense of taking his own shot or driving the net, Jake will try to feather through a couple of player's to get it to a Sedin when a fake pass and shot or deke would have been way better options....he needs to sit and watch video a bit more than other's.

Vanek needs to figure it out on D., too many give-away's...hard to argue with that (snake-bit) shot though....

Gagner I can finally see the possibility of him breaking out ...but still no real chemistry with anyone....

Still not sure what to make of Burmistrov...those Russian's are so enigmatic...

2 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Eriksson just has to bring it every shift...and see where the chips fall...

Jake sitting a game once in awhile is a good thing...I don't think he had a hit last game and is doing what Horvat does when Eriksson plays with him...trying to feed the Sedins the puck even at the expense of taking his own shot or driving the net, Jake will try to feather through a couple of player's to get it to a Sedin when a fake pass and shot or deke would have been way better options....he needs to sit and watch video a bit more than other's.

Vanek needs to figure it out on D., too many give-away's...hard to argue with that (snake-bit) shot though....

Gagner I can finally see the possibility of him breaking out ...but still no real chemistry with anyone....

Still not sure what to make of Burmistrov...those Russian's are so enigmatic...

I would rather put Grandlund with the Sedins. They combined good chemistry last season.

Eriksson never worked out with the Sedins.

Gotta call out Eriksson for this one. It's time to start earning that contract bud. It's now more than just under-performing to what you're being paid, but guys that contribute are being pulled from the lineup for you. It's time man. I expect a big game from Loui. 

I couldn't get into MHA, the main dude is the only one without super powers. 

This talk of competition for roster spots is all good but ....Rodin is still being treated like some FA Euro ....

Time to start dumping Veterans is soon...we just need one or two to get hot for a few weeks....even Eriksson is tradable if he gets a PPG from here until the trade deadline.

Vanek or Gagner just need a couple weeks of a PPG and someone might bite.

Rodin should be in the lineup before he get's pissed off by all this Megna, Boucher, Burmistrov, Gagner, Vanek, Eriksson....Gaunce...crap....

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Gotta call out Eriksson for this one. It's time to start earning that contract bud. It's now more than just under-performing to what you're being paid, but guys that contribute are being pulled from the lineup for you. It's time man. I expect a big game from Loui. 

I couldn't get into MHA, the main dude is the only one without super powers

That has changed quite significantly now! 

2 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

This talk of competition for roster spots is all good but ....Rodin is still being treated like some FA Euro ....

Time to start dumping Veterans is soon...we just need one or two to get hot for a few weeks....even Eriksson is tradable if he gets a PPG from here until the trade deadline.

Vanek or Gagner just need a couple weeks of a PPG and someone might bite.

Rodin should be in the lineup before he get's pissed off by all this Megna, Boucher, Burmistrov, Gagner, Vanek, Eriksson....Gaunce...crap....

I too am disappointed that Rodin hasn't seen any real ice time anywhere really. To me I think Virtanen should go back to Utica, if he is going to be the first choice to be removed from the line up and play 10 min a night. Why not send him to Utica, let him get similar ice and responsibility that Goldobin is getting?

Gagner wont be moved this year imo, Vanek will probably go, I do like what he has brought to the team. I would trade or waive Burmistrov. Have Rodin on the roster as the 12th forward or 13th.

I like his game, speed, skill. I think he could fit in nicely on our team if given a proper chance.

As for the game today, I am surprised Nilsson is not getting the start. Hopefully Eriksson has a decent return tonight, I am going to say he scores (maybe thats me grasping at straws) but 6m he needs to produce, if he has another poor year, we might have to consider buying him out

This team was actually becoming exciting again and a joy to watch, with Edler and Eriksson out of the lineup, then Edler comes back and the team gets destroyed with they're most embarrassing game of the year and now Eriksson is coming back, great another useless over payed player taking a spot from a harder working younger player on this team. Hopefully the Canucks Hockey Gods can do what is needed to help this team again...

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

This team was actually becoming exciting again and a joy to watch, with Edler and Eriksson out of the lineup, then Edler comes back and the team gets destroyed with they're most embarrassing game of the year and now Eriksson is coming back, great another useless over payed player taking a spot from a harder working younger player on this team. Hopefully the Canucks Hockey Gods can do what is needed to help this team again...

Edler had a good game. What is it you hope they do?

2 hours ago, combover said:

Hope to see a little feeling in this one.  just a solid 60 minute effort and I for one will be happy.

not looking forward to CBC cr-p Matthews and mcmuffin intermission show.

I can't believe how happy I am that Stroumboulopoulos is not a part of that. He made me cringe as much as Leafs talk during a Canucks game does. 

14 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Edler has not been on my good guy radar for a while, but to suggest he was the reason for losing the last game tells me you didn't watch a single minute of it. Edler was fine.

Wow you really need to go back then and watch the highlights of the first 3 goals scored against us last game you will see hopefully a lost Edler in all 3 goals, the first and 3rd goals were just typical Edler slow and lost. But yeah he was fine.....:wacko:

Archived