The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

15 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

If we can’t sign him I’d trade Guddy for Liljegren and a 2nd. That’s pretty much the same value we traded to get him. 

Contract status was different, and he has taken a hit in value from play here anD injuries

i would be very happy to get liljegren for him though that would be cool! 

Just now, SilentSam said:

Tanev is over rated,  now is the best time to move him. He is far from Iron Man status,

perhaps GingerSnap or Ginger Bread Man.

Get something before he retires.

https://mobile.twitter.com/patersonjeff/status/941392668390711296/photo/1

You are correct, that could also devalue him to some teams also. Its a catch 22. I still  think while we have some decent looking prospects we have holes and need to improve in many areas.

If we kept Guddy I would for sure entertain moving Tanev. I also if he reaches FA would look into trying to sign John Carlson

Tanev helps the Canucks dont get me wrong, makes our D better but when his contract is up, that is when we will be in playoff contention and hopefully fully out from the grave. What will he want then for a deal, how many more injuries might he have?

Long term for the Canucks, while many on CDC would disagree I think moving Tanev for the "right" return is beneficial most for the Canucks future. But it has to be a good return not just a late 1st and a meh prospect

16 minutes ago, Yotes said:

You are correct, that could also devalue him to some teams also. Its a catch 22. I still  think while we have some decent looking prospects we have holes and need to improve in many areas.

If we kept Guddy I would for sure entertain moving Tanev. I also if he reaches FA would look into trying to sign John Carlson

Tanev helps the Canucks dont get me wrong, makes our D better but when his contract is up, that is when we will be in playoff contention and hopefully fully out from the grave. What will he want then for a deal, how many more injuries might he have?

Long term for the Canucks, while many on CDC would disagree I think moving Tanev for the "right" return is beneficial most for the Canucks future. But it has to be a good return not just a late 1st and a meh prospect

By John Carlson, I hope you mean Eric Karlsson OTW.

... that’s where I tend to go if we re-sign Gudbranson, let Tanev go for decent return now.

EKarlsson is on a 10 team MTC this season and next into UFA.

Drew Doughtey UFA end of next season as well... as is Edler.

Lose Edler by attrition (if we can’t move him. NTC) 

The Cap will rise 5-7 mil end of this season, and probably the next.

By end of 18-19 season, I’m hopeful we have room to buy a legit #1 D to add to what could possibly be a skillful, strong, D core.

We have been bare in the cupboard for a legit #1 D since Ohlund perhaps?

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

... that’s where I tend to go if we re-sign Gudbranson, let Tanev go for decent return now.

By end of 18-19 season, I’m hopeful we have room to buy a legit #1 D to add to what could possibly be a skillful, strong, D core.

Good points. 

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Yes Doughty or Karlsson could be FA options in 2019. but all but assured to want and get 8yrs and what 10m cap hit or higher even?

That is scary to pay any player into their mid 30s 10m plus. Chicago is seeing that now, just wait till those deals look worse. Toews, great hockey player, but not a 10m guy IMO.

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Yes Doughty or Karlsson could be FA options in 2019. but all but assured to want and get 8yrs and what 10m cap hit or higher even?

That is scary to pay any player into their mid 30s 10m plus. Chicago is seeing that now, just wait till those deals look worse. Toews, great hockey player, but not a 10m guy IMO.

Yeah, as good of players as those guys are, they're going to be on the wrong side of 30 very soon after signing those deals and command top dollar and term to sign.

Same issue as signing Tavares. 'Nice' in theory but....

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I'd "settle" for John Carlson.

I'm not generally a fan of albatrossing in free agency, but the types of RHD that are expiring - may be exceptions.

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, as good of players as those guys are, they're going to be on the wrong side of 30 very soon after signing those deals and command top dollar and term to sign.

Same issue as signing Tavares. 'Nice' in theory but....

Well its okay if you want to pay them big bucks, but it can be for max term and full nmc and ntc. Look how we are stuck with Eriksson.

I would love Karlsson, but a cheaper option may be Carlson. 6yr deal may get him but he isnt a 7-8m per d man either.

Tavares would be worth opening the vault too but again 6 yr max contract imo with no full ntc for the last 3 years just a m-ntc.

14 minutes ago, Yotes said:

I would try to get OEL. Would be a good fit for a lot less. I believe he may be a free agent 2019 as well

Just now, rekker said:

I would try to get OEL. Would be a good fit for a lot less. I believe he may be a free agent 2019 as well

He is yup, but the other guys are righties. If we had tanev and Guddy around longer term then OEL would be the more sought after guy for sure. Would love to trade for him now but would be so expensive to get

1 minute ago, Yotes said:

Well its okay if you want to pay them big bucks, but it can be for max term and full nmc and ntc. Look how we are stuck with Eriksson.

I would love Karlsson, but a cheaper option may be Carlson. 6yr deal may get him but he isnt a 7-8m per d man either.

Tavares would be worth opening the vault too but again 6 yr max contract imo with no full ntc for the last 3 years just a m-ntc.

Not going to get Tavares for 6 years or M-NTC IMO. Guy like that's going to command everyone's best offers (and probably go to a team closer to contending).

Carlson wouldn't horrible (and certainly cheaper in $ and term) but he's also not so good that I'd be going out of my way.

14 minutes ago, Yotes said:

I can Agree,  perhaps in the world of NTClauses, Modified, or otherwise,...  there needs to be an ERC (Early Retirement Clause) for the over 30, under-performing, player who makes 6m or more per.? ;)

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Not going to get Tavares for 6 years or M-NTC IMO. Guy like that's going to command everyone's best offers (and probably go to a team closer to contending).

Carlson wouldn't horrible (and certainly cheaper in $ and term) but he's also not so good that I'd be going out of my way.

Oh i know for sure. Tavares you could go the max of 7yrs but the ntc part needs to be modified at the ending if the deal. Eriksson deal gets better once the NMC is gone and then not a full ntc. 

But back to Gudbranson I have de-rerailed the thread

4 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Oh i know for sure. Tavares you could go the max of 7yrs but the ntc part needs to be modified at the ending if the deal. Eriksson deal gets better once the NMC is gone and then not a full ntc. 

But back to Gudbranson I have de-rerailed the thread

Personally, a thread I don’t mind seeing de-railed...

How about this mook wearing blue and green?

RFA This season ?

offers, anyone?  Buhler??

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Personally, a thread I don’t mind seeing de-railed...

How about this mook wearing blue and green?

RFA This season ?

offers, anyone?  Buhler??

Bigger more aggressive version of Virtanen. Always like Wilson, we need some form of intimidation on the team to protect or deter teams from going after our stars.

Would Washington want to move him tho or for what cost?

was there any truth to the Andrew Nielson and a 3rd for Guddy?  a 6ft3 210 pound dman that plays physical and had a really good 1st year in the AHL.  This year he has not played the same as last year which is why his stock has dropped but he could be a good reclamation project.  We all seen what Benning could do with a 3rd round pick too.  

2 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

was there any truth to the Andrew Nielson and a 3rd for Guddy?  a 6ft3 210 pound dman that plays physical and had a really good 1st year in the AHL.  This year he has not played the same as last year which is why his stock has dropped but he could be a good reclamation project.  We all seen what Benning could do with a 3rd round pick too.  

I can't find him on hockey DB. What team does he play for?

Archived