The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marchand (Again)

-DLC-

https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2017/12/9/16757376/brad-marchand-hits-john-tavares-up-high-suspension-coming

Early in the third period, with the Boston Bruins leading 1-0. Brad Marchand was assessed a major penalty (Interference) for his high hit on superstar John Tavares. As the video (linked) shows, it followed a hit on David Pastrnak that seemed fairly innocuous....

This guy just doesn't seem to care.  How many chances before he seriously injures someone?

12 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

It really wasn't that bad.  I understand the hatred for Marchand but come on... 

He's  dirty piece of crap.  No need to get his hands up his face like that, his stick.  He's reckless.  It wasn't good, which is probably how we should be judging his crap at this point.  Not that bad just isn't acceptable at this point.

25105615_10155706547345549_927036477_n.j

25114894_10155706548710549_1494727009_n.

25188600_10155706549455549_534722138_n.j

Just kick him out of the league for life before a player does the league's job for them.  If he actually seriously hurt someone there would be a pretty good case to hold the league criminally liable for negligence at this point given the evidence to support he has zero chance of developing into a respectable hockey player.

Absolutely gutless play from the biggest piece of garbage since Messier.  Stop slapping him on the wrist; his one remaining brain cell can't figure out this kind of trash is unacceptable.

I love how the poll on the Bruins blog asks for opinions on the hit. With options that range from "totally clean" to "worth a game". As if a single game is the worst discipline he could get for a predatory head hit as a repeat offender. Throw the library at him until he learns where the edge is. 

Just now, Sygvard said:

I love how the poll on the Bruins blog asks for opinions on the hit. With options that range from "totally clean" to "worth a game". As if a single game is the worst discipline he could get for a predatory head hit as a repeat offender. Throw the library at him until he learns where the edge is. 

Hopefully they have audiobooks because I doubt this imbecile's capable of reading whatever literature you throw at him.

2 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

These freeze frames don't prove anything.  His hands got up on the hit but their was hardly any force behind it, and it was to the face, not the head.   He got a well deserved 5 minute major and that should be enough

He came from the other side of the ice at him and knocked him flying.  Of course there was force.

3 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

These freeze frames don't prove anything.  His hands got up on the hit but their was hardly any force behind it, and it was to the face, not the head.   He got a well deserved 5 minute major and that should be enough

I wasn't aware that Tavares had his face located somewhere other than his head.  Truly a remarkable specimen.

3 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

:blink:

To be honest, Marchand seems to have cleaned up his game more in the last year or two, but this isn't a good sign. Isn't he a repeat offender? This could be a game or two perhaps because of that.

Looking at the history posted by Deb, I'd say 1-2 games is fair.

Archived