The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau more unpopular than popular for the first time since election: survey

tbone909

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

I agree.

this guy hasn’t even held down an actual job.

its a joke.  

But hey there are those voting who don’t see employment as necessity in life either.

that being said I don’t relate to the other stiffs running.  Career politicians and elite level crooks with their hands deep in the pockets of those who can relate to real life.

Andrew Scheer has never had a significant job outside of politics, fyi. 

In Regina, Scheer worked as an insurance broker, a waiter, and in the constituency office of Canadian Alliance MP Larry Spencer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Scheer#Early_life_and_career

You know, all this talk about representation has got me thinking.

Our system makes concessions for providing MPs and Senators for rural areas that is out of proportion with what people in the city get. So if its not fair to try to represent women proportionally, heck lets do away with bending over these for rural folks. Its dudes from the city from now on ^_^

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

You know, all this talk about representation has got me thinking.

Our system makes concessions for providing MPs and Senators for rural areas that is out of proportion with what people in the city get. So if its not fair to try to represent women proportionally, heck let do away with bending over these for rural folks. Its dudes from the city from now on ^_^

I really hope this is sarcasm. lol

Then again, I'm also from Prince George which would probably be considered rural. I guess my vote wouldn't count at that point since it would be them city folk's votes that count more. ;) We barely feel we get represented up here as is. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Lock said:

Then again, I'm also from Prince George which would probably be considered rural. I guess my vote wouldn't count at that point since it would be them city folk's votes that count more. ;)

now you'e getting it :P

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

now you'e getting it :P

One thing I will say is if you try and represent based on population, the 50/50 gender representation is kind of similar to the representation by population.

This is why, while it sounds great on paper, representation by population is more of a headache than it is useful when it comes to running an effective government. It sucks, but it's just kind of how it is.

Edited by The Lock

It’s about time the rest of Canada figured out that this part time drama teacher and full time fake feminist is in way over his head.

turns out that he really wasn’t ready at all

worries about his exec friends in Quebec SNC whole Alberta loses thousands and thousands of jobs.

arrogant entitled spoiled a hole wasting taxpayer money flying his family for personal vacations and making a fool of himself and our Country in India. Ohhh and what carbon footprint did your jet leave Justine? 

How did it feel to get schooled in from Jody? The only Liberal with any degree ethical value

Fake Prime Minister piece of ?!&@ 

Good riddance this October 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Andrew Scheer has never had a significant job outside of politics, fyi. 

In Regina, Scheer worked as an insurance broker, a waiter, and in the constituency office of Canadian Alliance MP Larry Spencer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Scheer#Early_life_and_career

As I said they’re all in the same boat in this regard.  JT is simply irks me more because he has done nothing but swan around for his entire life and ride the coattails of his old man into his position.

literally feeding his family off the backs of people he is completely out of touch with.

quite frankly it’s nothing short of a ridiculous travesty.

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Then again, I'm also from Prince George which would probably be considered rural. I guess my vote wouldn't count at that point since it would be them city folk's votes that count more. ;) We barely feel we get represented up here as is. lol

Prince George is not considered rural. It is considered a $&!# hole of decent size. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Oh and by the way Horgan can go $&@“ himself 

have not seen the top end of the gas prices in B.C. 

sold his soul to the Green Party 

He has pretty much nothing to do with current gas prices.......  The shut down of a major refinery that supplies is the major cause right now...   If he had shut down a refinery project instead of a pipeline meant to hit foreign and not domestic markets you might have an argument. 

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I used to be up there every summer for about 10 days. It still a really rough town? 

I guess it depends on how you define rough. Personally I'm from an area called "The Hart" which is just north of town but has a supposed reputation of being tough and I still live just outside of town. That being said, I've always found that if I just keep to myself, nothing really happens, but it is rough for some people for sure.

Edited by The Lock

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I guess it depends on how you define rough. Personally I'm from an area called "The Hart" which is just north of town but has a supposed reputation of being tough and I still live just outside of town. That being said, I've always found that if I just keep to myself, nothing really happens, but it is rough for some people for sure.

That's usually the case most places....but seemed a real easy place to find trouble if looking for it ;) 

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

That's usually the case most places....but seemed a real easy place to find trouble if looking for it ;) 

Oh you certainly can find trouble. lol

Certain areas have their reputations (with nicknames such as Coke St and Druggles). Druggles is especially ironic being 1 block from a police station. ;)

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Gotham City is what is always referred to PG as.

industrial, smelly, gloomy, it’s like my Kamloops, except more dreary! 

To be fair, whenever I go to Kamloops I feel like I just walked into a wind tunnel.

Actually, it's ironic you mentioned Kamloops as I have a friend who went down there on a visit. Not once has he had a problem up here, but he got his clothes stolen down there after 1 day. lol

17 minutes ago, The Lock said:

To be fair, whenever I go to Kamloops I feel like I just walked into a wind tunnel.

Actually, it's ironic you mentioned Kamloops as I have a friend who went down there on a visit. Not once has he had a problem up here, but he got his clothes stolen down there after 1 day. lol

I had 1000 dollars worth of fishing gear stolen while in PG, but here at home I’ve chased guys out of my truck in the dark and others out of my yard. It’s sketchy here, for sure. Lots of desperation here. I can only imagine how much worse it will get If industry and jobs are not a priority for the next government. I can’t imagine they get re-elected. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I had 1000 dollars worth of fishing gear stolen while in PG, but here at home I’ve chased guys out of my truck in the dark and others out of my yard. It’s sketchy here, for sure. Lots of desperation here. I can only imagine how much worse it will get If industry and jobs are not a priority for the next government. I can’t imagine they get re-elected. 

Is there still that pink motel just off the highway on the east side of town?  I stayed there for 3 weeks riding Sun Peaks.  While there guys we met stole a whole &^@#ing Gibson's Finest truck.  They were selling 40 pounders for $5...

I still can't drink Gibsons....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

He has pretty much nothing to do with current gas prices.......  The shut down of a major refinery that supplies is the major cause right now...   If he had shut down a refinery project instead of a pipeline meant to hit foreign and not domestic markets you might have an argument. 

Nice story 

now for the facts...

the majority of gas and petroleum products consumed in B.C. comes from Alberta through .... you guessed it, the trans mountain pipeline. The 2 tiny bc refineries feed the remaining supply with us imports covering about 12 percent of BC demand

You are delusional to assume the impact of a chevron chevron refinery issue impacts the price at the pump of B.C. gas 

horgan wanted to play environmentalist with potential exports flowing through B.C. yet wanted to throw those principals out the window when Alberta threatened to throttle supply. It’s ok to put petroleum products in a pipeline for B.C. to consume put Horgan only draws the line on exports 

f ing environmentalist hypocrite 

oh and by the way seeing Alberta isn’t officially throttling our to the bc pipeline ....Alberta is simply prioritizing the supply. 

Enjoy your gas prices, they are going to go higher by the way 

Thank John Horgan 

• Like 1