The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau more unpopular than popular for the first time since election: survey

tbone909

• 2 weeks later...

Albertans showing their class once again:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/controversial-anti-trudeau-hoodies-draw-attention-from-demonstrators-and-rcmp/ar-BBQ255e?li=AAggFp5

As hundreds of Albertans gathered in downtown Calgary on Thursday to protest the arrival of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, photos began to surface of two protesters in particular.

One of the demonstrators was wearing a hoodie depicting a noose in a tree with the words "Come West Trudeau" printed across the chest.

The sweatshirt is made by a company called Low Class Oil Trash, a small pro-oil industry clothing brand and the brainchild of Caitlin Lindsay, whose husband works in the oilfield.

"I was just incredibly struck by the hypocrisy of how oil and gas workers are treated here," Lindsay said.

The clothing brand has been online for about a year. According to its website, the company believes in the oilfield, the power of oil, supporting Albertan suppliers and the oil trash lifestyle.

"Most of all, we believe this: f*** the liberals and keep makin' hole," the websites philosophy section reads.

One could almost forget that Trudeau actually supported Trans Mountain. In fact, he spent 4.5 billion taxpayer dollars to try and ensure that it happens.

But hey, keep pointing out the "hypocrisy", Alberta.....:rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

On 11/24/2018 at 11:24 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/controversial-anti-trudeau-hoodies-draw-attention-from-demonstrators-and-rcmp/ar-BBQ255e?li=AAggFp5

One could almost forget that Trudeau actually supported Trans Mountain. In fact, he spent 4.5 billion taxpayer dollars to try and ensure that it happens.

Hard to remember a day when Alberta wasn't as political as Trumps type when it comes to facts and common sense

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Trudeau is always trying to make everyone happy,

and by doing so,

he only succeeds to piss everyone off.

At least he's trying.  Instead of the group that caters to only 1 very select denomination of the country.  Sure he's a doofus, but he's better than the other alternative hands down

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Hard to remember a day when Alberta wasn't as political as Trumps type when it comes to facts and common sense

yeah I mean whats Trudeau hating compared to dropping the ball on 40 years of a river of cash and not diversifying? nice tax holiday too there. I'll be happy to put more of my tax dollars into Alberta, as soon as they get a PST and help themselves. 

I should say, I really think trudeau is a dismal frigging leader.  Honestly.  I get his appeal and all that but he's been meh at best in terms of policy advancement.

But the other two, Scheer and Jaghmeet?  Come on.  One is a religious zealot that REFUSES to accept any kind of ownership from problems stemming from the previous government.  The other a family made millionaire trying to represent what is supposed to be a party of the common man on the left/far left who was elected over a year ago but STILL holds no seat in parliament because he wants to cherry pick his riding.

Like it or not, he's an idiot, but he's not doing the worst job at the moment.  Certainly better than a guy who said give the US everything they want

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2018 at 12:24 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Glad to see a few speak for the whole province.

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

At least he's trying.  Instead of the group that caters to only 1 very select denomination of the country.  Sure he's a doofus, but he's better than the other alternative hands down

Interesting considering that group governed for 10 years and still won nearly 100 seats as the official opposition. How many seats did the third party liberals have prior to 2015 35? 

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I mean whats Trudeau hating compared to dropping the ball on 40 years of a river of cash and not diversifying? nice tax holiday too there. I'll be happy to put more of my tax dollars into Alberta, as soon as they get a PST and help themselves. 

Get lost with your love for taxes. It's no surprise you support the liberals and the BC liberals provincially. We don't need any new taxes Infact hopefully in 2019 we will be abolishing taxes brought in by the ndp.

Lol help ourselves lol Alberta has been carrying Canada for decades. Not to long ago BC was a have not province.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

JT is doing a fantastic job....    He will 100 %  be re-elected..... but he seems to be putting on a few pounds.....

Image result for justin trudeau

Gotta say I'm impressed with how hard he is pushing for a pipeline to the ocean. Honestly though I didn't think you would call that fantastic.

Are you on board now that you realized Canada is losing 80 million $ a day? 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Interesting considering that group governed for 10 years and still won nearly 100 seats as the official opposition. How many seats did the third party liberals have prior to 2015 35? 

Majority for 4 years yup.  Their first 3 years in power were due to Dionn/Ignatieff being so horrible at their jobs, literally the most unelectable leaders of a party until Singh came along, their last 4 years were on the backs of the memory of Layton with the NDP pulling almost all support from the Libs in very important ridings in Ontario, Quebec and the maritimes

There's a well known psuedo science around political circles.  When the NDP poll well, the Conservatives tend to govern.  I believe it is 3 or 4 of their last 5 majorities or leads in the country have been because the NDP pulled support from the Libs.  Dionn and Ignatieff were about as poor a leadership choice as Scheer has been thus far.

I mean if we'd like, we can go back to what happened to the Conservative brand post Mulroney ;)

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Majority for 4 years yup.  Their first 3 years in power were due to Dionn/Ignatieff being so horrible at their jobs, literally the most unelectable leaders of a party until Singh came along, their last 4 years were on the backs of the memory of Layton with the NDP pulling almost all support from the Libs in very important ridings in Ontario, Quebec and the maritimes

There's a well known psuedo science around political circles.  When the NDP poll well, the Conservatives tend to govern.  I believe it is 3 or 4 of their last 5 majorities or leads in the country have been because the NDP pulled support from the Libs.  Dionn and Ignatieff were about as poor a leadership choice as Scheer has been thus far.

I mean if we'd like, we can go back to what happened to the Conservative brand post Mulroney ;)

I find that liberal ndp comparison funny when I hear it as the parties have staunch differences. It was nice to see Layton lead his party to their biggest win in history, it was extra special as he destroyed the bloc in the process. I also enjoyed watching the arrogant, think they have the right to govern liberals reduced to third party.

Post Mulroney? I don't follow but maybe that's because I like the reform and the Canadian alliance.

Edited by Ryan Strome

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Gotta say I'm impressed with how hard he is pushing for a pipeline to the ocean. Honestly though I didn't think you would call that fantastic.

Are you on board now that you realized Canada is losing 80 million $ a day? 

JT ain't pushing for any pipeline.....  JT Is just playing Alberta.  

Bitumen is like the Audio  Cassette or  VHS   Cassette industry.....  going  .... going....  GONE........

Edited by kingofsurrey

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

JT ain't pushing for any pipeline.....  JT Is just playing Alberta.  

Bitumen is like the Audio  Cassette or  VHS   Cassette industry.....  going  .... going....  GONE........

Think most people realise hes trying to play alberta.He doesnt have to try nobody will vote for him in alberta.If it was a liberal strong hold he would try same reason he doesnt like bc

Edited by Violator