The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau more unpopular than popular for the first time since election: survey

tbone909

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Its funny that he called him "Donald" - the lack of respect was palpable. 

I liked that.

Not Mr President

Not President Trump

Alternative to being disrespectful it could also be seen as 'hey, we're buddies, so we are on a first name basis'  lol

Edited by Shift-4
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I liked that.

Not Mr President

Not President Trump

Alternative to being disrespectful it could also be seen as 'hey, were buddies, so we are on a first name basis'  lol

My personal favorite is Bill Maher's "Fat Donny", but obviously, Justin couldn't use that one....

3 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I liked that.

Not Mr President

Not President Trump

Alternative to being disrespectful it could also be seen as 'hey, were buddies, so we are on a first name basis'  lol

yup, Trudeau has had to endure all kinds of "Justins" in his career and to his credit he hasn't reacted.... come to think of it I think this is the first time I can recall him using "Donald" at a formal event. 

13 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

My personal favourite is Shift-4's "That &^@#ing blowhard::D 

Most of my faves are by other people....Maher's "President Pinocchio" and the aforementioned "Fat Donny".... There was another one from Real Time that I liked: "Orange Julius Caesar", which was coined by one of Maher's guests, a black guy with a big 'fro, who is professor at some university ....

...that being said I can lay claim to "Captain Combover" which is my own contribution to the cause. ^_^

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

One thing I noticed in the signing of this new deal, Trump didn't look happy signing it, while Trudeau look happy and the Canadian lady behind Trump looked very happy. Must be a good deal for Canadians....

probably more accurate to call it 'not as bad as it could have been.' 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

One thing I noticed in the signing of this new deal, Trump didn't look happy signing it, while Trudeau look happy and the Canadian lady behind Trump looked very happy. Must be a good deal for Canadians....

The lady behind Trudeau was Chrystia Freeland, who was the lead negotiator for Canada. The other two guys in the back are the lead negotiators for the US and Mexico, Robert Lighthizer and Ildefonso Guajardo.

They're the ones who did all the real work and it's why they all look happy, especially Freeland, who proved to be the equal (or better) of her counterparts and gave up very little.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The lady behind Trudeau was Chrystia Freeland, who was the lead negotiator for Canada. The other two guys in the back are the lead negotiators for the US and Mexico, Robert Lighthizer and Ildefonso Guajardo.

They're the ones who did all the real work and it's why they all look happy, especially Freeland, who proved to be the equal (or better) of her counterparts and gave up very little.

Didn't Trump also make some remarks about her at one point too?

I'm sure she hates being in the same room as that man (I use the term loosely).  Like most sane women would.

15 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Also, was it the Japanese leader that congratulated Donald on his huge wins in the midterms??? Fun times.

I think that was just to get a couple of extra Mulligans the next time they play a round at Mar-a-Lago......

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

MBS and Putin bumping fists "&^@#in' ayy boi, welcome to the special club of murdering dissenters and being held 100% unaccountable."

This has to be the defining moment of the entire G20. Two thugs high fiving, and getting their jollies with each other. Kinda like, hey you did it, I didn't think you had it in you. Meanwhile the worlds greatest leader ever, won't even meet with these two, and call them both out. Wonder why??

Edited by johngould21

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

That shows growth.  After numerous drops in stock prices and the market as a whole it shows growth.  That is inarguable.  The line now is higher than it was in 2008.  The subsequent rises and falls show retraction followed by growth

So, flat?  Not hardly.  A poor market to invest in?  Sure.  But, and this i a very very important thing to remember.  The market is not indicative of the growth of this nation but a snapshot of the day for companies listed on it.  ALL of the essential canadian services have grown since 2008.  Nobody invests in the TSX for the same reason people don't invest in coal anymore.  Markes that don't tend to make appreciable gains, like the TSX are never sound investments.  The TSX has always fluttered between 15 and 23 on the indexes with occasional month to month blips but nothing worth speaking of.  

You're really arguing in to a corner on this one.

Sorry. No growth for us. Investors will often invest in the index of a particular country if they like that country's prospects. The tsx composite index hit a high in june 2008 of 15155. Today it dropped below 15140.

The US DOW hit a peak in October 2017 of 14198 today it's 25138. That's a gain of 77%. 

There is no way to sugar coat that aspect. But as I admitted previously, maybe selling our homes to foreigners is a viable way to keep our economy moving, or maybe it's like burning the furniture to keep from freezing.

Trudeau needs to lay pipe and lots of it.

Edited by Aguila

13 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The Canadian lady??? Wow!

You mean Freeland the architect of the deal. 

She is one of a few liberals I like.

12 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm sure she hates being in the same room as that man (I use the term loosely).  Like most sane women would.

I don't recall him attacking her but he very well could have.

Edited by Ryan Strome

12 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

On the radio yesterday farmers were talking about the US having oversight in our dairy industry. I'm hope that isn't true, as of yesterday there was conflicting stories on that.

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't recall him attacking her but he very well could have.

“We’re very unhappy with the negotiations and the negotiation style of Canada—we don’t like their representative very much.”

Even if true, anyone with half a brain would understand that, especially during negotiations, these words are better kept to oneself.   It's not about "liking" each other.  But we all have seen who Trump "likes" and it's a bit concerning.

14 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

“We’re very unhappy with the negotiations and the negotiation style of Canada—we don’t like their representative very much.”

Even if true, anyone with half a brain would understand that, especially during negotiations, these words are better kept to oneself.   It's not about "liking" each other.  But we all have seen who Trump "likes" and it's a bit concerning.

Like I said he very well could have. I wasn't aware of what you just posted but yes I agree during negotiations these comments are totally unnecessary but not surprising. I'm not at all a liberal supporter but I do have a lot of respect for Freeland. @Jimmy McGill and I have discussed her position/work thus far a few times. Imo she would make a better Prime minister then the one we have.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

she's done an amazing job imo. I'd like to see her as PM next. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Like I said he very well could have. I wasn't aware of what you just posted but yes I agree during negotiations these comments are totally unnecessary but not surprising. I'm not at all a liberal supporter but I do have a lot of respect for Freeland. @Jimmy McGill and I have discussed her position/work thus far a few times. Imo she would make a better Prime minister then the one we have.

yeah its one of the few things  we agree on :lol:

I do agree tho that she would make a better PM on a practical level. She has more of a get it done type of attitude and I think she'd be able to accomplish some social goals (e.g., wage equality) in ways that involved less public signaling over it. I think most people are OK with the things Trudeau has done on social policy when you look at the ideas individually, but there can often be something very annoying about how he presents it, even for me and I'll vote for him again. 

• Upvote 2