The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pope Francis tells gay man: 'God made you like that and loves you like that'

Toews

43 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Just so you know I almost reported my own post "picture of pence..........."  to assuage your anger and maybe even get my self banned! But... after I typed it... all I could hear was 

p_101528432.jpg

So, I felt embarrassed to bother them with my trespasses.... .

Get over your self... it was a friggin joke!!!

Imagine the total lack of self-awareness one would have to have to complain about off-topic posts when one cannot stop bringing up PM Hairgel in just about every damn thread. 

Oh boy a religion topic.... 

I believe in "Faith".... Meaning if someone has faith in what ever they believe in and it helps guide them, makes them a better person and more able to deal with the pain life can sometimes dish out... Then that's awesome...Im not religious and also think that heaven is a place in the hearts of the loved ones that are left behind when someone passes. Its a place where we keep our most cherished memories of people. 

2 hours ago, gurn said:

I've never been able to understand the pre occupation some people have towards how other people get their freak on.

none of our business.

Because historically they've been easy targets and then you don't have to think about your own creepy activities. 

2 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

100% agree buts its also none of _____ religions buisness to be present in someones life when they dont want it

it seems a little impossible when the church is intangled with everything in our civilization

Tell me how "the church" negatively affects your day to day life.

please. It's pretty easy to live a secular life in North America.

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

And you should try keeping the American stuff in the Trump thread especially considering this thread has nothing to do with Pence. But I'm not surprised at all. 

actually Pence is on topic generally. He represents a group of people that think their religious beliefs should be made into laws about how everyone controls their bodies or who they have relationships with or who gets to make other people wedding cake. Even the Pope doesn't agree with Pence anymore on one major point. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

actually Pence is on topic generally. He represents a group of people that think their religious beliefs should be made into laws about how everyone controls their bodies or who they have relationships with or who gets to make other people wedding cake. Even the Pope doesn't agree with Pence anymore on one major point. 

Pence is the U.S vice president he doesn't speak for the Vatican. There are millions if not billions of people that share his views and they are also irrelevant to what the pope said.

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Imagine the total lack of self-awareness one would have to have to complain about off-topic posts when one cannot stop bringing up PM Hairgel in just about every damn thread. 

Except that's not the case however I can't find a thread where you two don't make it about the American government. It's pretty sad. You two should just move there already. You already have the spelling down.

10 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Pence is the U.S vice president he doesn't speak for the Vatican. There are millions if not billions of people that share his views and they are also irrelevant to what the pope said.

how is it irrelevant? one of the major religious leaders has broken with the thinking around a group that they traditionally lobbied against. Its quite relevant imo and you'd think would be a talking point for groups like evangelicals and others to question their hatred of certain people or ideas around who controls their health. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

how is it irrelevant? one of the major religious leaders has broken with the thinking around a group that they traditionally lobbied against. Its quite relevant imo and you'd think would be a talking point for groups like evangelicals and others to question their hatred of certain people or ideas around who controls their health. 

Well sure it's time for other religions to accept this but bringing Pence into a thread about something the pope said is kinda odd. I mean by that logic we can bring up a lot of world leaders.

16 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Except that's not the case however I can't find a thread where you two don't make it about the American government. It's pretty sad. You two should just move there already. You already have the spelling down.

Umm you were posting about Trudeau in the Trump thread just yesterday so that's a lie.

In part this thread is about the American government who has shown itself as anti-LGBT. But really this relates to all the homophobes around the globe who used religion to make the lives of other people miserable. So I will give you some credit here as I was absolutely thinking of Mike Pence when I made this thread. But I was also thinking of this guy.

Seeing as this is my thread I think I am I am going to deem it to be appropriate to $&!# on Mike Pence and Martin Ssempa. Deal with it.

3 minutes ago, Toews said:

Umm you were posting about Trudeau in the Trump thread just yesterday so that's a lie.

1 hour ago, Toews said:

So just one thread? 

You walk right into this stuff. Lol

Enjoy yet another thread to discuss the U.S.

Cheers.

58 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Tell me how "the church" negatively affects your day to day life.

please. It's pretty easy to live a secular life in North America.

If you live in one of the US states that is trying to legalize denial of service laws based on religious beliefs thats a big effect. Thankfully that won't fly up here but its freaky to see that going on in the US.

Religion shouldn't form the basis of our laws anymore. 

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well sure it's time for other religions to accept this but bringing Pence into a thread about something the pope said is kinda odd. I mean by that logic we can bring up a lot of world leaders.

I dunno. American politics is basically ubiquitous in Canadian and world media. And Pence is pretty much an international meme for homophobia. Posting sad face Pence as a response to this thread is just kinda funny, regardless of where you live or your level of engagement with American politics. Doesn’t strike me as anyone being obsessed with the Trump regime or whatever. Just a joke (and one that made me chuckle a bit when I saw it).

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

So just one thread? 

Cheers.

Walk right into what? My example was to illustrate the frequency of your off-topic Trudeau posts. Just yesterday you were posting off-topic comments about Trudeau in the Trump thread which you do on a regular basis. 

18 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

So just one thread? 

Cheers.

Pssstttt....Ryan....

...you forgot to call him "Yankee"......:unsure:

53 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If you live in one of the US states that is trying to legalize denial of service laws based on religious beliefs thats a big effect. Thankfully that won't fly up here but its freaky to see that going on in the US.

Religion shouldn't form the basis of our laws anymore. 

Agreed.  But I'm talking about day to day.  The poster I responded to made it sound like his/her whole life oppressed by the church.

imo, relative to many other countries, we live in secular freedom.

I don't say this to people as I feel I would offend them. But I think it's the mark of an immature spirit to say with absoluteness that the mystic and spiritual are only myths and delusions. There is a tendency among people who have suffered but a little to denounce the idea of God, and with it all spiritualism, for they reason that they are good people, and then they ask 'if religion were true, why has God let me suffer so?' These people, I think, haven't experienced genuine hardship. When one suffers as damn near much as a human being is capable of suffering, she is brought towards spiritual thoughts—thoughts which do not necessarily involve the belief in God but which are still in some nature based in faith and concern existential questions, however unrefined they might be—and she is softened forever to the religious aspects of life. The person who has suffered a small amount sees this as a paradox, and the truth here cannot be conveyed to them through language, but those who have suffered much understand it. I do not believe in God, but I do consider myself a spiritual person, and I treat peoples' spiritual and religious views and beliefs with the greatest respect now that I have lived some.

Archived