The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 CDC Puck Draft

thejazz97

Holy geez guys, I come back and were basically done the third. What a fun round.

Bulat friggen shafagulin at 53? Somebody trusts the numbers far more than they trust what literally all scouts are saying about him. Feels weird to add so many offensive only D, with Addison as well. I'm into it.

Quick question @thejazz97 -were moving so fast, and moved so fast last night, maybe keep 1 hour time limits for rounds 4 and 5? Seems to point to rush that much, we will definitely make it in time

11 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Holy geez guys, I come back and were basically done the third. What a fun round.

Bulat friggen shafagulin at 53? Somebody trusts the numbers far more than they trust what literally all scouts are saying about him. Feels weird to add so many offensive only D, with Addison as well. I'm into it.

Quick question @thejazz97 -were moving so fast, and moved so fast last night, maybe keep 1 hour time limits for rounds 4 and 5? Seems to point to rush that much, we will definitely make it in time

Addison was a steal where you drafted him.

I drafted 48th in CDCFL. I had him on my fingers crossed, hope to die list. And the idea died a dozen picks before I came up.  

4 hours ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Yep! I just sent a message to the rest of the commissioners last night. We all agree - 1 hour time limits still for Rounds 4 and 5. But we’ve still got nine days before the actual draft, and at this rate, we’ll be done by the weekend.

6 minutes ago, Salter said:

I'm sorry <3

It was last year as well, but with jazz. We had the same targeted overager Russians. I reached for shyvyrov in the third, sygvard put the kibosh on any more reaches,  he got manyukan and altybatmakyan and aho. Which means he got all the draft Vs real life value, but I still suspect I got the best player. 

Just now, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

It was last year as well, but with jazz. We had the same targeted overager Russians. I reached for shyvyrov in the third, sygvard put the kibosh on any more reaches,  he got manyukan and altybatmakyan and aho. Which means he got all the draft Vs real life value, but I still suspect I got the best player. 

I'm nervous but excited about Rodrigue. I reached on him because I actually had him listed as the 3rd best goalie of the draft, but I will trust the scouts and I can see a bright future for him!

8 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Shvyrov looks incredible, but Manyukan and Aho were both listers I drafted for Burr. I've got Aho now, and Altybarmakyan is on the Hawks, but Shvyrov is definitely someone I'm jealous of :P 

9 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

Shvyrov looks incredible, but Manyukan and Aho were both listers I drafted for Burr. I've got Aho now, and Altybarmakyan is on the Hawks, but Shvyrov is definitely someone I'm jealous of :P 

Ahh really? Totally missed that. If I'd been the GM for longer, Aho wouldn't have even made it to the draft-he definitley deserved to be drafted two years ago.

Hawks spent a surprisingly high pick on alty....is he coming over anytime soon?

1 minute ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

Ahh really? Totally missed that. If I'd been the GM for longer, Aho wouldn't have even made it to the draft-he definitley deserved to be drafted two years ago.

Hawks spent a surprisingly high pick on alty....is he coming over anytime soon?

I'd assume there's a decent chance after his contract ends this season.

2 hours ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

I reached for shyvyrov in the third, sygvard put the kibosh on any more reaches,. 

A good percentage of our draft floor conversations are Team "spicey reach" versus Team "value drop". 

Archived