The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 CDC Puck Draft

thejazz97

1 minute ago, Salter said:

To VGK: 57th

To CBJ: 101st + 106th + 2019 WPG 3rd + Jim O'Brien

Thanks to @Salter for processing, and to @Captain Azzy for the easy negotiations. (But I still can't believe you brought @Monty's mother into it!)

Anyways, I like a lot of players in the 57th range, but also have some late round targets. And with only two 5ths left in the 2019 draft, adding quantity of picks was needed.

Tampa Bay select Matthias Samuelsson from Vorhees, New Jersey!

Mattias-Samuelsson.jpg

This has been a great last couple of days for our organization! We got the two guys we really wanted and talked about the most heading into the draft! Ty & Matthias are both high-end leaders who understand the value of playing a good two-way game, and both have untapped offensive potential. They're coaches dreams and are surefire bets to be top-6 forwards/top-3 D's in the NHL some day. Couldn't be happier. :)

Anyways, @Tigs you're up!

16 minutes ago, D-Money said:

(But I still can't believe you brought @Monty's mother into i

The ongoing joke between my brothers and me when they talk about mom, and my response:

A844A030-42DA-4C66-81EE-A488F7005466.jpeg

It’s no secret in our family who the “Buster” is.

12 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

This has been a great last couple of days for our organization! We got the two guys we really wanted and talked about the most heading into the draft! Ty & Matthias are both high-end leaders who understand the value of playing a good two-way game, and both have untapped offensive potential. They're coaches dreams and are surefire bets to be top-6 forwards/top-3 D's in the NHL some day. Couldn't be happier. :)

Anyways, @Tigs you're up!

They're solid picks but I don't think anybody in a draft is a surefire top 6 F/top 3 D. which leads me to a.......Fun fact! Statistically, only about 10% of the picks around this area will become anything above a 4th line guy. Your guy isn't as good as you think he is :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Sestito'sHandMadeVodka said:

They're solid picks but I don't think anybody in a draft is a surefire top 6 F/top 3 D. which leads me to a.......Fun fact! Statistically, only about 10% of the picks around this area will become anything above a 4th line guy. Your guy isn't as good as you think he is :rolleyes:

Nah I'd rather be super confident like Benning right after the 2015 draft when he said that they got 3-4 NHL players out of it. ::D

Archived