The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

29 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

We have reached a milestone moment in the GML History of our New York Rangers.

Image result for Calgary Flames Retirement Party

If you read this moments after I hit send you can click this link and watch the retirement live, here it is:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/live-iginla-announces-retirement-in-calgary~1450156

With a heavy heart I am now officially requesting Jarome Iginla's contract be removed from the Rangers team sheet. We will honour him appropriately at a regular season home game in the coming season. 

Thank you Jarome for a great career, entertaining hockey style, and most importantly for being such a great professional and personal Gentleman and Leader in the community and on the ice. 

Great words on a great Player and the Blues are proud that Jarome was also Part of the Organisation some Years ago. All the Best in your Retirement Mr.Iginla. 

8C0C7F2A-13D7-4AAA-9E0A-3901C6D5CEFE.jpeg

Vegas Golden Knights Updated Roster

Evgeny Dadonov - Micheal Ferland - Ilya Kovalchuk

Alex Killorn - Vladimir Sobotka - Tomas Tatar

William Carrier - Mark Letestu - Spencer Foo

Gemel Smith - Martin Bakos - Chris Stewart

Mattias Ekholm - Nikita Zadorov

Dan Hamhuis - Jake McCabe

Oscar Fantenberg - Rasmus Andersson

Slava Voynov

????? (Goalie awaiting to be signed/posted)

Calvin Pickard

Steinbach Menno Knights Roster

Alex Barre-Boulet - Keegan Kolesar

Igor Ozhiganov- Dylan Zink

Alexandre Carrier - Josh Mahura

Jeremy Davies

Adin Hill

Ilya Sorokin

Evan Fitzpatrick 

Anthony Stolarz

ELC Players Signed:

Timothy Liljegren

Alexander Volkov

Hudson Elynuik

Cal Foote

Adam Boqvist

Joseph Woll

Antoine Morand

Unsigned Prospects:

Mathieu Joseph

Nikita Popugayev

Markus Phillips

Calvin Thurkauf

Luke Martin

Ryan Merkley

Jay O’Brien

Alexander Khovanov 

STATEMENT:

As usual, defensive future is looking really good. Ekholm is the elder statesman. But long term, I’ve got Nikita Zadorov (23 y/o), Rasmus Andersson, Josh Mahura, Alexandre Carrier, Timothy Liljegren, Cal Foote, Adam Boqvist, and Ryan Merkley. For arguments sake, if all 8 of those guys live up to their potential, I’ve got a solid defensive unit. 

Our goaltending future is a little more questionable, only because goaltending is so voodoo. But Adin Hill and Ilya Sorokin have shown a lot of promise in their respective leagues (AHL and KHL). However, Sorokin may never cross the pond, and Hill is behind a recently extended Antti Raanta in Arizona, so it’s possible the AHL All-Star may be traded IRL to a club in need of a goaltender long term (see: Florida, Ottawa, Calgary). 

Forward group, as usual, needs the most work. Really happy with some guys, like Mathieu Joseph and Alexander Volkov, who are the two closest to making the NHL (another year?). And Jay O’Brien is a great future to have. However, if he makes it, he’s about 4 years away from getting a shot, so it’s patience with him.

All told, my timeframe has not changed. 5 years minimum from now before I’m probably a consistent first round playoff team. Anything beyond that is even more speculative.

Only player I’m currently actively shopping is Dan Hamhuis. All other players will be re-evaluated in January.

I hope everyone is having an awesome long weekend. 

Thank you guys for putting up with me all these years. I want to share something, but I will keep it short, and type slow as i know you don't like walls of text and can't read fast. 

:lol:

I got a letter from Veteran's Affairs and finally won one of my two applications. Up until this spring when the federal Liberal Government changed it back in vets favour from the old Harper government's stingy rules, I had to get a cash award from medical issues suffered in uniform before I could access services at VAC's expense. With the changes, I applied for services separately from my application for at least a buck, which was the original app..since i needed at least a buck from them to qualify for services...

I got my letter saying my application was approved!!

I am very happy and can use the British Columbia Operational Stress Injury clinic services now free of charge to me, the tab is now picked up by the feds. 

Whew. The biggest relief i have had in over a decade, which is why I say Thank you all for putting up with me. I feel like things are looking up now. 

Enjoy the long weekend, I am!

35 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Thank you guys for putting up with me all these years. I want to share something, but I will keep it short, and type slow as i know you don't like walls of text and can't read fast. 

I got a letter from Veteran's Affairs and finally won one of my two applications. Up until this spring when the federal Liberal Government changed it back in vets favour from the old Harper government's stingy rules, I had to get a cash award from medical issues suffered in uniform before I could access services at VAC's expense. With the changes, I applied for services separately from my application for at least a buck, which was the original app..since i needed at least a buck from them to qualify for services...

I am very happy and can use the British Columbia Operational Stress Injury clinic services now free of charge to me, the tab is now picked up by the feds. 

Whew. The biggest relief i have had in over a decade, which is why I say Thank you all for putting up with me. I feel like things are looking up now. 

Thank you for your service @Primal Optimist! You deserve every cent they give you and a lot more. 

On 2018-08-04 at 5:45 PM, Primal Optimist said:

Congrats friend, and thank you for your service 

I do appreciate  the support, it truely isnt  necessary but it is apprecizted.  

during the ice storm in quebec folks bought us supper if we hzppened to hzve time off and found a place with a generator...coffee bought after sandbagging at some floods ....dragged a lady to hospital for dialisys during the 96 winter storm out west here ...she got out at every snowplowweed intersection to try to help me....lol.....even had boob flashes as thank yous whike checking on college residents during ice storm in kingston ontario. We are a people of thanks and that makes wanting to help very easy. It was a pleasure and i would do it again even knowing how the story ends. No need to thank me, but some of my friends gave a lot more and they need our thanks. I am one of those vets that gets embarrassed to hear it or have it happen but there are guys and gals who genuinely need to hear it so thank you. 

Oh and molson canadian rep gave me a stack of free 6 pack coupons ... like 300 of em,....no purchase necessary ....to pass out to the boys after 911 and i spent days making and improving a machine gun nest near the airbase in comox whike the gov figured out what was happening where ....and i chose to use onky examples from helping canadians haha...best use of my time of the entire career.

Back from vacation and finally settled back in after adjusting to jet lag <_<

There is no question that we are tight up against the cap (thanks again Philly :P) but we are very happy with where our roster has ended up after a disappointing end to last season's great regular season. There are a few players that we are hoping to bring up, but due to cap constraints, we are somewhat forced to deal with the hand we are dealt. I will be active on the trade market in the coming days to see what sort of deals could be possible. Please inquire if any player interests you.

Updated Red Wings lineup:

Brad Marchand - Jack Eichel - Jakub Voracek

James van Riemsdyk - Kyle Connor - Jeff Skinner

Brandon Saad - Anthony Beauvillier - Zach Hyman

Jakub Vrana - Devin Shore - Jujhar Khaira

Ivan Provorov - Olli Maatta 

Noah Hanifin - Darnell Nurse 

Brent Seabrook - Troy Stecher

John Gibson

Tristan Jarry

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, Primal Optimist said:

I hope u get some comfort for being acknowledged. As well as a chance to enjoy a little more help! I wish it came for you a little earlier...

Congrats friend! 

On 7/22/2018 at 11:21 PM, Bombastik der Teutone said:

capfriendly still shows hoffman as LW/C  

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/mike-hoffman

so can still usehim as C  ? eliteprospects and hockey db shows him only as LW   though 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/18800/mike-hoffman

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=102284

W / C is perfectly fine.

Archived