The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Islanders and Tavares agree

Sources say that the New York Islanders and John Tavares have an agreement on a new contract in principle, lawyers still must review contract before formal announcement. More details to come.

Eh - Mods you can lock if you want. You guys won't really see it as a credible source. It's from a Facebook hockey news source called Redlight Hockey. Run by a group of 15 from Edmonton. Always found them really reliable.

1 minute ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Sources say that the New York Islanders and John Tavares have an agreement on a new contract in principle, lawyers still must review contract before formal announcement. More details to come.

Will add source in a minute.

If true, this is great news.  No way do I want us to sign any UFA to crazy dollars, unless it's EK next July 1st. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

If true, this is great news.  No way do I want us to sign any UFA to crazy dollars, unless it's EK next July 1st. 

Even then I am not sure.  EK will be 29, had major surgery last year and plays a game that is very much dependent on his skating and acceleration.  If he is looking at 7yr-10M plus which is what he wants, I think that is a diminishing asset that will be well past his prime when our team is on the upswing.

Sounds more like and Edmonton play, though we signed LE when it was clear we were a basement team so anything is possible.

Anyway, not sure this is a reliable source as there is none and nothing posted elsewhere.  

When is something going to happen today....so frustrated.

Just now, Type R said:

Watch, next move is Islanders trade their 2 first rounders, a NHL body and a prospect to Ottawa for EK, and suddenly they are the favorite for the cup, and LL looks like a genius!

This rumour has been floating around on some sites today.

Still need a warm body in net.

3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

http://forum.canucks.com/announcement/20-forum-specific-rules/

Archived