The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 Utica Comets Thread

pretty medicore 1st period for the comets. couple good shifts by archibalds line, and they werent too bad in the last 5 mins besides the penalty. A lot of lazy sticks and bad passes though. This is the first game I've actually watched this season and not just listened to on the radio/followed updates for on twitter. I'm hoping they can improve in the 2nd.

Just now, Qwags said:

Future PP QB. You need someone who the opposition has to be wary of at the point.

shot wasn't hard but hes been really good at getting passed the first shotblocker. usually a rebound or tip opportunity is available from his shots. other than a couple bad d-zone positionings, hes had a pretty solid game. definitely Utica's best defnsemen

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I am not watching the game but wondering if Bachmann is a sieve tonight or is the d coverage been that bad?

D have been having a hard time getting it out of the zone, and coverage is... questionable. however, bachman not coming up with the big saves when they need it and has got beat on clear shots from distance a couple times (nice shots though). Considering how well Kulbakov played over the weekend, it will be interesting to see if they keep bachman as the backup after demko returns. hes not instilling confidence right now

EDIT: I guess to elaborate on this, the first 3 goals (which were all pp goals) should all probably have been saves. the first one was a bit unlucky because it deflected off a player (i think archibald) but Bachman is way out of position when it goes it. I think he overreacted to the initial shot. the second one was a point shot the when through bancks who was trying to block it, but then it went right through bachmans 5 hole and honestly it was a hard shot. he probably would have had no time saving it if he simply went to the butterfly right away. the 3rd goal was a nice outlet pass to spring a ploayer past joulevi (who's positioning was not great on the play) but once again the shot could have been saved. it was a really nice shot but those are the ones you need the goalie to make if you want to win hockey games.

the 4th and 5th goals were just bad defense. Comets lose a puck battle in their own corner and fail to cover the man in the slot (the 4th goal the man in the slot scored, the 5th goal the man in the slot tipped home the point shot.) can't blame bachm,an there. just bad team defense

Edited by The_Rocket
  • Thanks 1