The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) ROR to Van

First off, I think the Canucks are closer to compete then most and I think making the playoffs or coming close would be better for the rebuild then another high pick. 

ROR 

Juolevi + Sutter

sign Jay Beagle

Maybe it’s an overpayment, maybe it’s underpayment (flame away) but I think he’s a great fit. 

Baer Horvat Boeser

EP ROR Virtanen

Louie Beagle Granny

leipsic Gaudette Gagner

Edler Guddy

Hughes Tanev

MDZ Stetcher

This might not be a Stanley Cup roster but it should be able to make some noise in the pacific division. The trade of course goes against the grain of the rebuild but ROR is only 27 and it would create more of a winning environment for the kids on the team now. 

Buffalos perspective OJ can slot into their future top 4 with Dahlin and Risto while in the short term Sutter can take some tough minutes away from eichel and Reinhardt/mittelstadt 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I would love to get ROR, but I'm not sure Juolevi and Sutter would get it done?

Pass anyway, dont like his cap or term.

O'Reilly is an interesting name. He'd be great for 2-3 years to insulate Pettersson so he doesn't NEED to become a top 6 center really quickly. But at what, 5 years? I think that doesn't really fit unless it's clear that Pettersson is better served on the wing. Not to mention I have no idea what Buffalo would want. Juolevi and Sutter might be a good start but I am pretty sure they'd want more.

6 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

if i'm buffalo, i'm asking for boeser, plus. 

They are. 

The Sabres are in a no lose situation with ROR.  If nobody ponies up the cost and he stays, great.  If he goes before July 1st, they get a very good return and save $7.5 million in this year's bonuses.  If he goes post July 1, they get even more for him than the current asking price.

The problem is finding an adequate #2C who is willing to sign a short term deal (2 years max). ROR will want term and would be very expensive to acquire. I think to do a deal, the Canucks would have to trade Horvat+ for him. No thanks. 

Just now, N7Nucks said:

"Good prospect" being like a Lind or a Woo?

No idea, the report just said, "good prospect".  My guess on the wording "good" probably means, just slightly below blue chip.  In other words a prospect who has a 2nd line or middle pairing ceiling.

11 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Evander Kane? Robin Lehner?

Murray paid a 1st round pick for Ottawa's 3rd position goalie in Lehner.

Botterill got a very good return for Kane who turned out to be an organizational headache.

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

No idea, the report just said, "good prospect".  My guess on the wording "good" probably means, just slightly below blue chip.  In other words a prospect who has a 2nd line or middle pairing ceiling.

I see, I see. Not too steep a price. Unless you are a lottery team like us (Vancouver). That first could be Hughes. There's no really telling how good O'Reilly would make us. Either way the gamble would be too scary for my blood. Could be a Colorado/Ottawa situation.

Uh before we think about upgrading upfront, you might want to look at the blueline.  Why deal one of the few legit D prospects we have?  

Have to think about the "long game".  Benning didn't inherit what Gillis inherited.  Guys like Edler & Tanev aren't going to be around forever. 

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

I see, I see. Not too steep a price. Unless you are a lottery team like us (Vancouver). That first could be Hughes. There's no really telling how good O'Reilly would make us. Either way the gamble would be too scary for my blood. Could be a Colorado/Ottawa situation.

Anything that the Sabres are willing to trade is too costly right now for the Canucks.

That's why these proposals are foolish.  The Canucks are in no position to trade for top available players from any team.

Spare parts and 3rd round picks won't cut it in the big trades.

17 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Anything that the Sabres are willing to trade is too costly right now for the Canucks.

That's why these proposals are foolish.  The Canucks are in no position to trade for top available players from any team.

Spare parts and 3rd round picks won't cut it in the big trades.

I dunno man. Ben Hutton. Granlund. 2 months of Tanev. How can any team say no to some of those premium pieces?

Archived