The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) ROR to Van

Our entire first line just retired and you think we are closer to compete? It is going to at least take a couple of years for a true first line to emerge and develop chemistry.  Our roster for the past few years looks better than the current one and yet we were at the bottom of the standings each year. 

Sutter is a huge downgrade from OReilly, why would Buffalo make this trade? For Juolevi who no one can say for certain will develop into a NHL defenseman, let alone top 2? Buffalo literally now have  2 phenom in forward and defense positions. Last thing they want is trade away Oreilly who can provide experience and anchor their second line by popping 60 points a season. 

10 hours ago, manroth19 said:

First off, I think the Canucks are closer to compete then most and I think making the playoffs or coming close would be better for the rebuild then another high pick. 

ROR 

Juolevi + Sutter

sign Jay Beagle

Maybe it’s an overpayment, maybe it’s underpayment (flame away) but I think he’s a great fit. 

Baer Horvat Boeser

EP ROR Virtanen

Louie Beagle Granny

leipsic Gaudette Gagner

Edler Guddy

Hughes Tanev

MDZ Stetcher

This might not be a Stanley Cup roster but it should be able to make some noise in the pacific division. The trade of course goes against the grain of the rebuild but ROR is only 27 and it would create more of a winning environment for the kids on the team now. 

Buffalos perspective OJ can slot into their future top 4 with Dahlin and Risto while in the short term Sutter can take some tough minutes away from eichel and Reinhardt/mittelstadt 

I would think they at least want to test drive Juolevi before considering dealing him.

It's not worth to trade for ROR. Keep the young players, let them play and we might end up in the 26-31 range again but it doesn't matter at that moment. We have excellent young players in the system. The chances of making the playoffs with ROR arent much higher. So for us it makes no sense. Lets hope for jack hughes next year, we would be one of the best teams down the middle in the future. J.Hughes, Pettersson, Horvat, Gaudette

15 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Uh before we think about upgrading upfront, you might want to look at the blueline.  Why deal one of the few legit D prospects we have?  

Have to think about the "long game".  Benning didn't inherit what Gillis inherited.  Guys like Edler & Tanev aren't going to be around forever. 

A few more years possibly, maybe less if they get traded (and Edler agrees).  That would leave Hughes with a thin defense to work with.   ROR would be great but don't see how this is possible without losing one of our precious future core pieces, I'd rather just wait sign a Bozak type to three years than go there, or just let the chips fall and play the kids and see how it goes.  Looks like we are interested in Beagle, that would be fine too.

Don't want to see the Canucks rushing their rebuild at this point.  They are doing a fine job at methodically building a good team, so adding any vets long term will interfere with the process and create cap headaches in the future.  They certainly can't afford to trade young prospects or picks.

The team is still a year or two away from getting some PO experience, so in the mean time, will pick up a few more good prospects.  It's not easy watching our team struggle each season, but I think the payoff in a few years will be awesome.    

Definitely no... Dont know about some of you... But nothing would make me happier than just watching entertaining hockey that still results in a high draft pick... We want to build a cup contender not a fringe playoff team to suffer in mediocrity for years to come. 

Sutter and Juolevi isn't going to be enough.  They're looking for a 1st, 2nd and prospect.  Sutter has no value to them.  So this is quite light.  If the Canucks can get him for this, great.  But realistically, they laugh and hang up. 

3 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Sutter and Juolevi isn't going to be enough.  They're looking for a 1st, 2nd and prospect.  Sutter has no value to them.  So this is quite light.  If the Canucks can get him for this, great.  But realistically, they laugh and hang up. 

This for ROR?  JB would be foolish to give up Juiolevi.  ROR is an okay player, but his contract is really ugly.  

Archived