The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Attack of Alain Vigneault and The Weasels (AV wins)

AV.

For those of you who enjoy imagining scenarios, read a selection of TL's posts so far imagining you know he's mafia.

On 8/18/2018 at 5:09 AM, Time Lord said:

I would rather use DM for any experiments than Virtanen, who has potential to be more useful. Also I don't like DM's posts so far. I know he usually looks at things from a different angle than most people but how can he be serious about the stuff he's said so far

Can you explain why? Doesn't it just make it more likely that we misinterpret the sheriff's breadcrumbs once he dies, or if we have an inactive/potato town, maybe the town won't even bother making a serious effort to figure out who was investigated?

I want you (not anyone else) to explain what you think BJ did wrong

On 8/18/2018 at 5:23 AM, Time Lord said:

better cover meaning the mafia is less likely to catch on? 

On 8/18/2018 at 5:32 AM, Time Lord said:

An alert mafia team could still catch on but yeah both methods have their merits. Everyone should do it in the way they're more comfortable with imo

14 hours ago, Time Lord said:

What's with people exaggerating early reads so much these days?

[At Aladeen] Ok, I laughed. But how much do you really believe this?

14 hours ago, Time Lord said:

Nothing egregious but I don't like how he's basically commentating. Seems unnatural.

To me, he's largely just following others' reads, making safe comments, and avoiding any bold assertions of his own.

It's easy to imagine a world where TL is mafia and posts these exact posts.

24 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Assertion: Aladeen is too smart and experienced to be acting like this; therefore, he's doing it on purpose.

My intelligence and experience are telling me JL and BW are mafia why can’t you see it? 

5 minutes ago, otherwise said:

nope. nothing strong, a lot of fluff here imo. too many imagines here and no one is john lennon. 

1) Nah, there's definitely room for opinions to form. Don't be lazy.

2) That said, doubling down doesn't seem like a scum reaction to a bit of pressure, so...you're okay for now.

Early Vote Count:

Virtanen87 (3) - John Locke, King Heffy, Blue Jay 22

Aladeen - Beluga Whale

Intoewsables - Virtanen87

Blue Jay 22 - otherwise

DarthMelvin - Time Lord

otherwise - DarthMelvin

Master Radishes - Zfetch

Time Lord - Master Radishes

John Locke - Aladeen

Let me know if I made any mistakes.

Just a reminder that nightfall is at 11 PM PST (2 AM EST and 7 AM GMT).  Special actions due 30 minutes before.

1 hour ago, Master Radishes said:

Is it?

This implies he thought he had been acting scummy. A TP shouldn't be too confused if someone thinks they're a TP lean, considering they should be acting TPish.

But considering a scum would probably not question it, I don't think this reflects badly on BJ. I just found it a strange thing to pull out.

Yes it is. I think that way all the time as town.

And no it doesn't necessarily imply he's been acting scummy. It means he didn't think he did enough in that short time span to put himself into "town lean" territory. BJ, imo, is a difficult player to read so I will also be dubious when someone gives him a town lean without a fair amount of evidence. 

But I do agree that scum are less likely to question something like that, and it does look good for him overall. 

2 hours ago, Aladeen said:

JL called me out hours earlier and if I had have been on at that time I would have posted then.

I came on about 8 minutes after you posted your post on calling me out.

I read it... if I was mafia I wouldn’t have posted but I’m not so I didn’t care. 

You’re thought on it being “Wolfy” to post after a call out only makes sense if a mafia is following the thread up until that point, I wasn’t I haven’t even read the thread earlier than page 7. 

Finally you say I was overly defensive. I don’t see it that way at all. What I see is a clear progression of 2 players with a similar agenda who could have hinted towards another player’s absence but never did because in all likelihood they don’t want to cast suspicion on their 3rd memeber.

Reading your reactions to my absence then my posting is not defensive at all, it’s offensive scum hunting and along with my investigation hit on JL and your absolute belief of his innocence confirms to me everything I am saying is true. 

i just don't believe that you actually think this is case (meaning I think you're a wolf).

How often do you really see multiple wolves actively starting a wagon together? It just rarely happens. 

See, when I'm TP I just assume everyone can see that. I get frustrated when you guys don't. :lol:

Just now, Beluga Whale said:

BJ, imo, is a difficult player to read so I will also be dubious when someone gives him a town lean without a fair amount of evidence.

I agree he can be difficult to read, but all I said was that, up to that point, his posts seemed right for a townie. I said the same for you, JL, and KH. I don't get why this became so controversial with him/you.

2 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

See, when I'm TP I just assume everyone can see that. I get frustrated when you guys don't. :lol:

I agree he can be difficult to read, but all I said was that, up to that point, his posts seemed right for a townie. I said the same for you, JL, and KH. I don't get why this became so controversial with him/you.

The controversy for me is over you telling BJ a villager shouldn't be questioning someone giving them a town-read. I just think that's plain wrong. 

1 minute ago, Beluga Whale said:

The controversy for me is over you telling BJ a villager shouldn't be questioning someone giving them a town-read. I just think that's plain wrong. 

Okay, I sort of disagree, but if this is just about gameplay philosophy we should probably leave the conversation here. (If, on the other hand, you think my actions indicate I may be scum, please continue.)

17 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Early Vote Count:

Virtanen87 (3) - John Locke, King Heffy, Blue Jay 22

Aladeen - Beluga Whale

Intoewsables (2) - Virtanen87, Aladeen

Blue Jay 22 - otherwise

DarthMelvin - Time Lord

otherwise - DarthMelvin

Master Radishes - Zfetch

Time Lord - Master Radishes

Let me know if I made any mistakes.

Just a reminder that nightfall is at 11 PM PST (2 AM EST and 7 AM GMT).  Special actions due 30 minutes before.

I changed my vote to JL 

10 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

i just don't believe that you actually think this is case (meaning I think you're a wolf).

How often do you really see multiple wolves actively starting a wagon together? It just rarely happens. 

You’re good enough to switch up tactics especially being overconfident with a all star team in JL and intoews. 

1 hour ago, Master Radishes said:

For those of you who enjoy imagining scenarios, read a selection of TL's posts so far imagining you know he's mafia.

To me, he's largely just following others' reads, making safe comments, and avoiding any bold assertions of his own.

It's easy to imagine a world where TL is mafia and posts these exact posts.

I disagree the conclusions from this analysis. He's seemed fairly solvey and he's had some good takes (calling you out). 

Whose reads was he following, specifically? 

Archived