The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Attack of Alain Vigneault and The Weasels (AV wins)

AV.

2 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

Because you're sheriff hunting??

I’m not sheriff hunting at all... but it’s plainly obvious JL is not the sheriff because he investigated you. There is a zero chance he is sheriff.

Sheriff’s job is to find mafia no?

JL never suspected you as mafia.

why would he investigate you? 

At best it’s terrible sheriff cover at worst he’s doing it to clear a scum mate in you.

22 minutes ago, Beluga Whale said:

I do not support lynching TL today. We have way better options. 

Aladeen

J23

DM

Virt 

Solid picks imo.

18 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

JL

BW

Intoews

better picks imo

out of all these I'd vote DM because he voted for me and I'm petty like that. (:

In serious consideration for me are:

BW

intoes

MR

zfetch

BJ

TL

I know it's a lot but like I've been saying I think there are kindof 3 sides emerging just not really sure which side to believe.

4 hours ago, JohnLocke said:

So are we doing this Virt Sheriff thing or not? If no, I want to vote TL tonight 

I don't really like this idea, if Virtanen shows up TP, we don't have much to work with in the 2nd round due to his limited posts.

Virtanen87  -  Blue Jay 22

Aladeen - Beluga Whale

Intoewsables - Virtanen87

Blue Jay 22 - otherwise

DarthMelvin - Time Lord

otherwise - DarthMelvin

Master Radishes - Zfetch

Time Lord (2) - Master Radishes, John Locke

John Locke - Aladeen

Give me one reason not to lynch DM

1 hour ago, otherwise said:

out of all these I'd vote DM because he voted for me and I'm petty like that. (:

In serious consideration for me are:

BW

intoes

MR

zfetch

BJ

TL

I know it's a lot but like I've been saying I think there are kindof 3 sides emerging just not really sure which side to believe.

I feel like I scum read you almost every game but this post sets off some alarm bells for me.

1) I legitimately wouldn't want to lynch anyone on this list in round 1 unless there was very good reason to suspect them. If you supplied reasoning for any of the names here, it would look a little better, but it really just looks like you want to get rid of the most active and/or dangerous players in the game.

2) You straight up admit that your reasoning for voting DM is bad, and the justification seems really forced to me. 

3) Last sentence is super wishy-washy and non-committal. It seems like you have more to say with regards to these 3 sides you see forming, so why not expand on that? 

2 hours ago, Aladeen said:

I’m not sheriff hunting at all... but it’s plainly obvious JL is not the sheriff because he investigated you. There is a zero chance he is sheriff.

Sheriff’s job is to find mafia no?

JL never suspected you as mafia.

why would he investigate you? 

At best it’s terrible sheriff cover at worst he’s doing it to clear a scum mate in you.

Don't really get your reasoning here. Obviously the sheriff is looking for mafia but investigating players who have lots to say is incredibly valuable. From that angle, BW makes perfect sense as a R1 investigation.

23 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I didn't like his post containing all his "gut feeling" reads. I thought it was too general and broad even for gut feelings. I'm not quite sure how I got a TP lean from him at the time. I also think he would also be pursuing his scum leans harder than he is right now if he were TP.

For the record, I town read the hell out of this post. 

17 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Answer: it was 1am for me, I was quite tired and not exactly fully sober, so I quickly posted some thoughts then went to bed.

I'm not sure why you're questioning you getting a TP lean, though. Surely that's exactly what I should be getting from you...?

On the other hand, MR's response to BJ reads a little off to me. I like BJ questioning MR's reasoning for town reading him a lot, and it's not a good look on MR to totally dismiss it as a weird thing to do IMO. Good town players question everything, even things that make them look good. MR has played enough to know this. 

1 minute ago, Time Lord said:

Can't the Virt thing just be the DM thing?

I don't see anything wrong with Virtanen's posts, but DM :wacko:

The fact that Virt never tries regardless of faction is why I was on board with KH's initial plan of lynching Virt while investigating him. At least DM puts in the effort, but I'll have to go back and read his posts this round regardless.

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Mafia can easily be MR, Intoes, and TL(?).

I'm just basing this off numbers and my own speculation, but with only 3 total mafia, it doesn't seem like a prudent move for a veteran player to bus another veteran player in round 1. Therefore, I don't think MR and TL are mafia/mafia.

26 minutes ago, Intoewsables said:

I feel like I scum read you almost every game but this post sets off some alarm bells for me.

1) I legitimately wouldn't want to lynch anyone on this list in round 1 unless there was very good reason to suspect them. If you supplied reasoning for any of the names here, it would look a little better, but it really just looks like you want to get rid of the most active and/or dangerous players in the game.

2) You straight up admit that your reasoning for voting DM is bad, and the justification seems really forced to me. 

3) Last sentence is super wishy-washy and non-committal. It seems like you have more to say with regards to these 3 sides you see forming, so why not expand on that? 

1./3. well there will be votes and someone is going to be out at some point... so I don't know what point you're trying to make, we've had tons of time for this first round, nothing is really known.  Wanting prolong not knowing anything doesn't make sense to me. I get vibes from all the people listed, I don't know what those vibes are and I probably should've added Aladeen to the list but, what I get is  "3 sides" who have diff reads on who is mafia, there is of course over lap on who is TP but I feel that there would likely be one mafia in each of the 3 sides, just figuring out who it is can be tricky. With the paranoid sheriff/no PMs it seems more likely that the mafia can skate thru and cause a ton of chaos more easily, which is what I'm seeing and why I'm having difficulty knowing who to go along with.

2. pettiness is not something that is forced; though I guess it could be bad.

Archived