The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

In the first video, Hansen did make contact with Hossa's head with his forearm.  I do not believe it was intentional, honeybadger was just being tenacious going to bat down the puck and Hossa's head was just in the way.  

It was a legit call, intent or not, it was an illegal hit to the back of the head with a forearm elbow.  

Can't stop the honeybadger.  

What I saw in the game was great goaltending on both sides, a Canucks team battling with a true contender playing at the top of its game.  

It was physical and the Tampa team clearly was taking Vancouver seriously.

They brought their A game and outplayed Vancouver, but not by a wide margin.  The score didn't indicate the play and I would argue the Canucks didn't have their A game, more like a solid B.  

This was a statement game for how the league views Vancouver.  Although not a top tier league opponent, this team is an up and coming team that is ready to play against everyone.  It has beaten alot of teams on paper it should not have this season.  We wont catch anyone off guard anymore and that's a good thing.  

This team is so young that adversity is only going to make it better.  The rebuild is over folks.... we are no longer a rebuilding team, but a a young team starting to come into its own. 

PF

Great post and a lot of good sense! 20 plus

On 12/19/2018 at 2:28 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Canuck73 are you okay? I think something is wrong, you finally decide to quote me after trolling me and giving confused smilies to me for the last 2 months, no this can't be happening an actual response from you, sorry but just so amazed you finally wrote something to me, bravo you deserve a pat on the back!

So you're trying to say the Canucks played the Jets last night too?

And you have spam confused faced numerous posts of mine and other posters. Good work bud. 

On 12/19/2018 at 5:30 PM, qwijibo said:

Totally unrealistic idea.  The players union would never go for it. 

Because the players union would rather lose members due to concussions than do something about it.

There are lots of ideas about getting certain aspects out of the game, but it all comes down to the NHLPA not wanting it's members to lose any money.

2 minutes ago, How swede it is said:

Because the players union would rather lose members due to concussions than do something about it.

There are lots of ideas about getting certain aspects out of the game, but it all comes down to the NHLPA not wanting it's members to lose any money.

You would literally double the number of players who lose money.  Not every concussion is the result of a dirty play.  And some guys are more prone to them then others.  So let’s say Mcdavid drives the net to score a goal and in the resulting play Crawford suffers yet another concussion  and has to retire. Then what?  It’s a slippery slope. As I said. Totally unrealistic and the players union would never go for it. 

On 12/20/2018 at 9:09 PM, canuck73_3 said:

And you have spam confused faced numerous posts of mine and other posters. Good work bud. 

So after you doing it to me for two months then I finally speak my mind on it, I then do it back to you for one day without replying to you for once and you already can't handle it? Really :picard:.  Funny I think I had only ever given out 3 confused faces ever before, and quoted everyone after, not troll them like you do. But I'll take your own advice going forward, "You made a lot of questionable posts then because that is why I use the confused emoji"

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So after you doing it to me for two months then I finally speak my mind on it, I then do it back to you for one day without replying to you for once and you already can't handle it? Really :picard:.  Funny I think I had only ever given out 3 confused faces ever before, and quoted everyone after, not troll them like you do. But I'll take your own advice going forward, "You made a lot of questionable posts then because that is why I use the confused emoji"

10 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Anyone blaming Markstrom for this is a god damn moron. Looking at you @kurtis

14 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Saw that on the replay, still think it was more losing an edge though, still should have called the trip on Pettersson. Garbage officiating status quo 

14 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Oh good blindside hit on Boeser too <_<

If these posts are confusing to you, maybe you should stay off the interwebs and stick to eating crayons. :bigblush:

Archived