The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Tampa Bay Lightning at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 18, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

20 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I called them out.  They deserved it then and have for a long time.  But I respect what they did last night and hope it continues every damn time.

The key difference being this time they clearly saw the hit. I believe there would have been more of an in game response on Matheson had the hit not been well behind the play. 

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Trying to decide which is worse: The analysis, or the punctuation......

Now I'm trying to decide what's worse: an annoying clown who loves to point out punctuation errors or a fan who doesn't have the sense to see Edler is weak as $&!# on the powerplay ruining potential top unit opportunities and a guy who takes too many stupid penalties.

My take on this is that DoPS should dispersed and be replaced by independent entity that is not paid by the NHL to protect the integrity of the sport.  They have shown time again and again that they cannot be trusted.   A former player policing the game where it has a potential bias due to history of hatred toward a certain team. George Parros was a former Duck who had a rivalry with the Canucks.   I'll take a non-player who never played in this game would hand out punishment fairly.  

I'll take a non-player who never played in this game would hand out punishment fairly.

Too obvious a solution coolboarder.  Sadly we won't see entitled owners release control over outcomes.

Its their money, fairness therefor will be whatever they tell their hired Commissioner it is.

Both players and fans or anyone with a sense of logic see through the ruse, but it ain't never been about us.

Never will be.

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Lol Stamkos said that yesterday's ice was the worst ice he's ever skated on.

Stamkos is a goof, who gets paid too much   He’s not even close to being the best player on his own team.  I think he’s the most overrated plRe EVER.  YES, I got a new bottle of scotch. And I’ll need another new bottle tomorrow.  Did I say ?Stamkos I’d a goof?  If you can’t grow a proper bead, then shave.  Guy looks stupid, and is no good.  I’ll cheer for him over the Loser Leafs though.

3 hours ago, The Big Luongo said:

Now I'm trying to decide what's worse: an annoying clown who loves to point out punctuation errors or a fan who doesn't have the sense to see Edler is weak as $&!# on the powerplay ruining potential top unit opportunities and a guy who takes too many stupid penalties.

Over 30 minutes TOI. That's a lot of time for a guy who is "weak" and "ruins opportunities".

You'd think an NHL coach would be as astute a judge of hockey ability as you are and staple the bum to the bench. You should be calling for Green's ouster as well, since he doesn't seem to know what he's doing....

3 hours ago, The Big Luongo said:

What?  Eddy is great!  I’m sorry you live in .calgary.  What a hole.  I lived there for several years, and it was easily the biggest hole ever.  Peters is good though.  Good shakes.  

What's the point of the ignore function if it doesn't ignore quotes? 

Anyway, I missed all but the 3rd period of the game, so I'm not one to speak about things I didn't see. From what I hear, this is the genesis of the future core.

They're playing for each other, and that's very dangerous, no matter the actual skill. Just a few more pieces are needed.

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Heh, I was looking at some of the Canuck suspensions of the past.  Remember when Hansen was suspended for batting the puck out of the air?  Apparently this was a "flying elbow" :blink:

Then there's Edler 2 games for not trying hard enough to avoid Mike Smith (who was looking to draw a penalty I may add)

Actually, the supply of Edler suspensions is almost as comical as the non-suspensions on Daniel Sedin alone.

Yeh good work on the Video department. Man the Canucks need a few Lawyers. because there needs to be a class action suite!

6 hours ago, cory40 said:

Yeh good work on the Video department. Man the Canucks need a few Lawyers. because there needs to be a class action suite!

In the first video, Hansen did make contact with Hossa's head with his forearm.  I do not believe it was intentional, honeybadger was just being tenacious going to bat down the puck and Hossa's head was just in the way.  

It was a legit call, intent or not, it was an illegal hit to the back of the head with a forearm elbow.  

Can't stop the honeybadger.  

What I saw in the game was great goaltending on both sides, a Canucks team battling with a true contender playing at the top of its game.  

It was physical and the Tampa team clearly was taking Vancouver seriously.

They brought their A game and outplayed Vancouver, but not by a wide margin.  The score didn't indicate the play and I would argue the Canucks didn't have their A game, more like a solid B.  

This was a statement game for how the league views Vancouver.  Although not a top tier league opponent, this team is an up and coming team that is ready to play against everyone.  It has beaten alot of teams on paper it should not have this season.  We wont catch anyone off guard anymore and that's a good thing.  

This team is so young that adversity is only going to make it better.  The rebuild is over folks.... we are no longer a rebuilding team, but a a young team starting to come into its own. 

PF

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

What?  Eddy is great!  I’m sorry you live in .calgary.  What a hole.  I lived there for several years, and it was easily the biggest hole ever.  Peters is good though.  Good shakes.  

Lol not sure wtf living in Calgary has to do with Edler but to tell you the truth I'm not a big fan of living in Calgary but like a lot of others maybe even yourself moved here for work.

Anyway wow you think Edler is great?

Well first of all like many others have noticed Edler is definitely not good on the powerplay and has plenty of flaws that hold the powerplay back because of this limiting teammates opportunities and what's worse much like Pouliot he's a threat to get scored against on it.

Other clear as day bad things he does that hurts the team is he takes too many penalties at bad times and usually makes a poor error per game that costs the team a goal against so with these things alone not sure how the hell anyone can say Edler is great it's beyond me and sadly you're not alone as hard as that is to believe.

Anyway all I've said after the Tampa game is Edler wasn't bad as usual except for his sloppy powerplay work and don't understand how people could get so butthurt and foolish over that but mind you how sensitive people can be these days not a huge shocker.

The other thing I said considering Edler usually makes at least 1 bad mistake that leads to a goal against and takes a bad penalty against most games but he didn't against Tampa this is definitely a win as far as his usual game goes these days.

50 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Lol not sure wtf living in Calgary has to do with Edler but to tell you the truth I'm not a big fan of living in Calgary but like a lot of others maybe even yourself moved here for work.

Anyway wow you think Edler is great?

Well first of all like many others have noticed Edler is definitely not good on the powerplay and has plenty of flaws that hold the powerplay back because of this limiting teammates opportunities and what's worse much like Pouliot he's a threat to get scored against on it.

Other clear as day bad things he does that hurts the team is he takes too many penalties at bad times and usually makes a poor error per game that costs the team a goal against so with these things alone not sure how the hell anyone can say Edler is great it's beyond me and sadly you're not alone as hard as that is to believe.

Anyway all I've said after the Tampa game is Edler wasn't bad as usual except for his sloppy powerplay work and don't understand how people could get so butthurt and foolish over that but mind you how sensitive people can be these days not a huge shocker.

The other thing I said considering Edler usually makes at least 1 bad mistake that leads to a goal against and takes a bad penalty against most games but he didn't against Tampa this is definitely a win as far as his usual game goes these days.

Edler is fabulous!  And your being from Calgary is pertinent.  Why would a Calgary fan be posting here?  And yes, I hate the Flames (and their smelly city) but I don't go to their board and write nasty stuff about their players (or city), because that would be trolling, no?  

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Edler is fabulous!  And your being from Calgary is pertinent.  Why would a Calgary fan be posting here?  And yes, I hate the Flames (and their smelly city) but I don't go to their board and write nasty stuff about their players (or city), because that would be trolling, no?  

I agree alien.

He's been a good Dman for us over the years. I would like to see him signed for a couple more seasons to mentor the upcoming talent.

Also, compliments on your ability to read run-on grumpy sentences. There are some doozies on that page.

12 hours ago, cory40 said:

Not to mention these gems,

Three games for Edler's glancing hit removing Hertl's loose helmet.  And HERTL DIDN'T EVEN MISS A BEAT! He didn't even fall.

And this. Burrows first ever suspension. No history.  Yet gets 3 games for this hit where Emelin was off balance and so Burrows attempted clean shoulder hit became a glancing head shot.  Again, the player, Emelin, is not injured, and plays again in the same game.

I don't get it. Rulings are so arbitrary.  And I wouldn't even mind that except that disparagement in these rulings seems to always favour the opposing team.  Both the hit on Baertschi and Stecher the players hit were not losing their balance, no excuses there. Both were cheap cheeky quick elbows to the head, that touched the cloth on the shoulder pads on the way. 

I can see more teams rats using this new way to get some licks in without suspension.  Just a quick flyby blind shot elbow to the head, just make sure you make it look like you've brushed the shoulder on the way through. Especially works well against Canucks.

Archived